Windows 10: WU Counting Defender Definitions

Discus and support WU Counting Defender Definitions in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just wondering if anyone has noticed this or if I'm being "Windozed". Those of us using Windows Defender are aware that with v1803, Windows Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Crizal, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Crizal Win User

WU Counting Defender Definitions

Just wondering if anyone has noticed this or if I'm being "Windozed".

Those of us using Windows Defender are aware that with v1803, Windows Update once again lists installed definition updates and keeps a running total -- just as WU does with all the other types of updates.

Apparently, at least on my system, the running count for installed Defender definitions stops at 50. I reached that number several days ago. Subsequent definition updates do show up as installed, but the count remains the same -- 50.

Makes no sense if it's by design. *Huh

:)

Crizal, Jun 6, 2018

2. Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.215.2997.0) Failed

Right-click Start, click Run. type the following command and hit ENTER.

"C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" SignatureUpdate -MMPC

This fetches the update from Microsoft Malware Protection Center directly, instead of from WU.

But the underlying cause (WU) needs to be fixed as well. Running the WU Troubleshooter as suggested by Sumit should help.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Josje53 Win User
    W10 Problem > Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.205.312.0) - Fout 0x80070643

Hello Niranjan,

Thanks for your reply & suggestions!

Well, meanwhile I had run the "sfc" and the verification process completed successfully without any issue!

I did a "clean boot" as well and this had not found any conflicts too!

Btw, I was able to manually update to one of the latest definitions with the desktop Defender...yet my last WU error had been this: "Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.205.1010.0) - Fout 0x80070643"

Hmm..what can I do further to get rid of this? WU Counting Defender Definitions :)

Regards,

Josje van der Sloot

Josje53, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

WU Counting Defender Definitions

1. WU Counting Defender Definitions - Similar Threads - Counting Defender Definitions

2. Windows Defender Definition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Defender Definition: Does Windows Defender having the latest definition with newly purchased Windows licenses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-definition/525c1f46-bb3f-400e-ad5e-9a1237512d81
  3. Windows Defender Definition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Definition: Does Windows Defender having the latest definition with newly purchased Windows licenses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-definition/525c1f46-bb3f-400e-ad5e-9a1237512d81
  4. Windows Defender Definition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. If hit a snag with Definition Update in WU on 27/4

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    If hit a snag with Definition Update in WU on 27/4: If you hit an error when updating Defender definition April 27th, do this:> PowerShell OR Windows Terminal.type cd.. hit entertype cd.. hit entertype Update-MpSignatureWhen complete it will not be listed with Definition Updates in Update History. The next one via WU tomorrow...
  6. If hit a snag with Definition Update in WU

If hit a snag with Definition Update in WU: If you hit an error when update Defender definition April 27th, do this:> PowerShell OR Windows Terminal.type cd.. hit entertype cd.. hit entertype Update-MpSignatureWhen complete it will not be listed with Definition Updates in Update History. The next one via WU tomorrow...
  7. Windows Defender definitions

Windows Defender definitions: Hello: I have windows defender in my Win. Vista premium 32 bit and when I try get the latest virus definitions, the option is turned off in Defender. Is this normal or is something wrong with Win. Defender which means I might have to import another anti-virus app.? thank...
  8. definition updates for defender

definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  9. definition updates for defender

in Windows 10 Support
    definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  10. defender definition error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    defender definition error: hi i get this error 2145124318 in definition updates. this is causing windows update from working properly. i'm running 1703. is this a familiar problem. thank you pohttps://www.tenforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=142301&stc=1&d=1499096764thound 88119