Windows 10: Wushowhide.diagcab showing drivers I want to install

Discus and support Wushowhide.diagcab showing drivers I want to install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So here's the deal, I have the setting that disables automatic driver updates through Windows Update enabled, but I still use wushowhide.diagcab from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SlackerITGuy, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Wushowhide.diagcab showing drivers I want to install

So here's the deal, I have the setting that disables automatic driver updates through Windows Update enabled, but I still use wushowhide.diagcab from time to time just to make sure no driver updates are getting through (mainly GPU drivers, which are surprisingly being updated somewhat rapidly on Windows 10).

But a couple of weeks ago, while using wushowhide.diagcab, a slew of chipset drivers (around 8 or 9 for my Z77 chipset) appeared that caught my attention, and I would like to update them.

Is there a way to force or workaround Windows Update into updating these drivers without updating anything else?

Thanks.

:)

SlackerITGuy, Oct 21, 2015

2. Looping Automatic Install Problem with Update KB 3105210 in Windows 10 Automatic Update. Any Solutions?

Hello Mike,

I understand you concern in this regard.

If you see that the particular Update is already installed and it again tries and fail to install, then you can run Show or hide updates troubleshooter to keep hold of that update from installing.

To temporarily prevent the driver or update from being reinstalled until a new driver or updated fix is available, a troubleshooter is available that provides a user interface for hiding and showing Windows Updates and drivers
    for Windows 10. You can obtain and run the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter by downloading it from the Microsoft Download Center.

The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:

Download the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package now.

When you click on the download link, you will be prompted to open or save wushowhide.diagcab.

Opening wushowhide.diagcab will launch the troubleshooter. Then click Next to proceed and follow the instructions provided by the troubleshooter to hide the problematic driver or update.

Keep us posted if your require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 21, 2015
  3. trussman Win User
    After windows 10 update, only one of my graphics cards is Identified

I suggest the following.

Download (wushowhide.diagcab) to disable chosen updates. Search this site for link. Save it to your desktop.

download (352.84-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe) from NVidia site. This seems to be the only driver that works with 2 cards.

Go to device manager and uninstall both cards and also select uninstall drivers.

Re-boot.

Run (wushowhide.diagcab) and select next. Select (Hide Updates). If your card shows up, select it and click next. If it doesn't, cancel (wushowhide.diagcab) and go to Windows Update. Check updates, and as soon as your card shows up, re-run (wushowhide.diagcab)
    to disable the driver.

Now run (352.84-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe).

Geforce experience will tell you 355.60 is available. DO NOT UPDATE.

Maybe someday MS and/or NVidia will fix this problem.

trussman, Oct 21, 2015
  4. DoItJust Win User

Wushowhide.diagcab showing drivers I want to install

Are you talking about the Intel .inf files? If that is the case they are not new drivers, just the associated text files to the drivers already installed and you don't really need them.

DoItJust, Oct 23, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    Yes, they are new drivers. To enable them run the utility again and select Show hidden updates. From the list of the updates you have hidden, select the ones to enable again. But the best is to visit Intel's site and download latest chipset drivers directly.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wushowhide.diagcab showing drivers I want to install

1. Wushowhide.diagcab showing drivers I want to install - Similar Threads - Wushowhide diagcab showing

2. Audio 10.diagcab

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio 10.diagcab: Audio 10.diagcab looks like it may be unsafe to download, and I don't want to harm my computer. In the download bar it shows something concerning I will upload the image, but it says this type of file can harm your device, and the other time it said this file can't be...
  3. Audio 10.diagcab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio 10.diagcab: Audio 10.diagcab looks like it may be unsafe to download, and I don't want to harm my computer. In the download bar it shows something concerning I will upload the image, but it says this type of file can harm your device, and the other time it said this file can't be...
  4. Audio 10.diagcab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Diagcab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Diagcab: Boa tarde, tudo bem?Preciso do arquivo que estava postado no link abaixo, mas o mesmo está offline, conseguiriam de algum forma me enviar este arquivo?https://aka.ms/diag_cssemerg11005O mesmo é mencionado neste post do fórum da Microsoft....
  6. WUshowhide troubles

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WUshowhide troubles: I have had issues w/ this 'troubleshooter' for some time. As you can see, wu finds no updates. However, wushowhide finds several. What do I do with these? Thank you win10 Pro, 64 bit,ver20H2 bld 19042.867 (Mar2021) Aspire E15 intel core i5 8250u 4Gb RAM 256 GB SSD 178066
  7. How to Stop Intel Sys Driver from Showing Up in wushowhide

How to Stop Intel Sys Driver from Showing Up in wushowhide: 20H2 In -- wushowhide -- I keep Seeing & Hiding the Driver .... INTEL - System - 7/18/1968 12:00:00 a.m. - 10.1.16.7 ....... Group Pol/ WU/ Don't Let Win Install Drivers is Enabled ........... HP and Intel Software Sppt Asst apps Show Nothing ...... Any idea WHY THIS...
  8. Wushowhide not working

Wushowhide not working: Hello, After receiving some answers how to get rid of KB4023057, which I found in the installed updates list 5 times ! and it keeps installing if I do not disable updates, I downloaded "wushowhide" and ran it several times. It did not show any update to hide. How do I "hide"...
  9. WUShowHide Tool showing driver updates that aren't listed in WU

WUShowHide Tool showing driver updates that aren't listed in WU: When I run the WUShowHide tool, it lists drivers that are not listed in the main WU interface. Even if there are no updates in WU at all and it says it's completely up to date, WUShowHide still lists some - things like Intel SMBus and memory controller drivers. Why is that?...
  10. Wushowhide showing drivers that can't find how to install

Wushowhide showing drivers that can't find how to install: Wushowhide is showing "Intel Other hardware- Intel Watchdog Timer Driver" and an Intel 400 driver. The latter I take it is not being installed as I have the actual Intel drivers installed and I normally just hide these. The Watchdog I have no idea about but I can find no...