Windows 10: wushowhide no longer seems to work.

Discus and support wushowhide no longer seems to work. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; clean install goes fine. I then used wushowhide to prevent intel hd graphics 4600 from downloading. update downloads anyway 59971 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fjk61011, Aug 11, 2016.

1. fjk61011 Win User

wushowhide no longer seems to work.

clean install goes fine. I then used wushowhide to prevent intel hd graphics 4600 from downloading. update downloads anyway

:)

fjk61011, Aug 11, 2016

2. Multimedia Factory no longer seems to work

Or just use the previous version. 6.84.10.4.

Perhaps it doesn't work because the "Configuring MMS sync profile" in the help file doesn't appear to me to be correct. I think you need to use a ServerID as PC Suite. Perhaps Multimedia Factory now uses MMSSync.sis (it didn't in the past) to transfer multimedia
    content to the phone and perhaps this is why it now doesn't work. Certainly nothing wrong with the old version, fortunately I still have it installed on another computer.

I've emailed Nokia.

longshanks---01, Aug 11, 2016
  3. Multimedia Factory no longer seems to work

Well that's terrible! I didn't know that. Well in that case the new version of Multimedia Factory is useless. Do Nokia know? Is a fix on the way??

longshanks---01, Aug 11, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 11, 2016
  5. fjk61011 Win User
    No luck. But after the update and the screen freezes, a hard reboot solves the problem and the new driver is installed

fjk61011, Aug 11, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 11, 2016
  7. fjk61011 Win User
    Driver is from WU. I had the same problem with 14393. wushowhide solved the problem there though.

fjk61011, Aug 11, 2016
  8. fjk61011 Win User

Neither the wushowhide nor the gpedit.msc nor both together worked. I clean installed ran update and waited for windows to freeze. I hard reset and Windows worked and the graphics driver was updated.

fjk61011, Aug 12, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Did you completely uninstall the driver from Device Manager before doing wushowhide and gpedit.msc?

Brink, Aug 12, 2016
  10. fjk61011 Win User
    I've given up on the Graphics Driver. After a hard reboot the Driver is installed and the Build runs. I've lodged a report on the Feedback Hub. Thanks for the help, Brink.

EDIT: I hid Defender updates with wushowhide. WU worked in that case. Don't know why it won't work with Intel HD Graphics 4600.

fjk61011, Aug 12, 2016
  11. fjk61011 Win User
    Bought a new graphics card. No problems with that one.

fjk61011, Aug 23, 2016
  12. fjk61011 Win User
    Wanted one anyway for folding@home and seti

fjk61011, Aug 23, 2016
  13. fjk61011 Win User

OK. Decided to go back to my previous motherboard. Clean installed 14905. Ran Update. HD Graphics 4600 updated with no freezes. Now I have a graphics card that I don't really need.

fjk61011, Aug 27, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I suppose keep the better one, and sell the other.

Brink, Aug 27, 2016
  15. fjk61011 Win User
    I'll prrobably sell the other motherboard and the graphics card and just use the cpu graphics

fjk61011, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. wushowhide no longer seems to work. - Similar Threads - wushowhide longer seems

2. No Longer Seem to have Admin privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Longer Seem to have Admin privileges: As a foreword, I am the only account on the computer I use. No one else uses my computer nor has access to it. After Win10 updated without my permission, I realized that I wasn't able to save to the same locations I usually have been able to:I had another instance where I...
  3. Windows hotkeys no longer seem to work

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows hotkeys no longer seem to work: I used to be able to use my keyboard to navigate through files and folders, e.g if im browsing a folder and want to find a file that starts with A, i could press A on my keyboard, and windows would take me straight to the file. That doesn't seem to work anymore? 178959
  4. WUshowhide troubles

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WUshowhide troubles: I have had issues w/ this 'troubleshooter' for some time. As you can see, wu finds no updates. However, wushowhide finds several. What do I do with these? Thank you win10 Pro, 64 bit,ver20H2 bld 19042.867 (Mar2021) Aspire E15 intel core i5 8250u 4Gb RAM 256 GB SSD 178066
  5. It seems BING DESKTOP is no longer available.

in Windows 10 Customization
    It seems BING DESKTOP is no longer available.: So I see the "Dynamic Theme" and "Daily Picture" I am directed to from the Windows store. Those are not what I am seeking. Every time Microsoft has something good the kill it off....
  6. wushowhide next upgrade

wushowhide next upgrade: On a old laptop with windows 10 1709 I have used wushowhide.diagcab to block the update 1803 and indeed that update is blocked (I've done it because that update did not succeed on my windows 10 1709). But my question is: will the update 1809 now still perform? I'ts important...
  7. Wushowhide not working

Wushowhide not working: Hello, After receiving some answers how to get rid of KB4023057, which I found in the installed updates list 5 times ! and it keeps installing if I do not disable updates, I downloaded "wushowhide" and ran it several times. It did not show any update to hide. How do I "hide"...
  8. Box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10: Changing the rgb values here used to work:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors HotTrackingColor Hilight Was this ability to change removed in an update or is there a different method? 113210
  9. KB3150513 and wushowhide

KB3150513 and wushowhide: I've used gpedit to set the Automatic Updates option "Notify for download and notify for install". Every week or so I get notified of available maintenance and find KB3150513 waiting. Whenever that happens I run wushowhide.diagcab to hide KB3150513. Maybe I don't remember...
  10. Issue with using WUSHOWHIDE

Issue with using WUSHOWHIDE: Yesterday, after numerous problems with the PC trying to update to v1709 Fall CU, I used wushowhide.exe to stop the PC from trying to update itself. Selected the 1709 on the list as 'Don't update this'. Got up this morning and saw that the PC updated to 1709 anyway....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wushowhide.diagcab does not work

2. wushowhide.exe doesnt work

3. tenforums wushowhide