Windows 10: Wushowhide showing drivers that can't find how to install

Discus and support Wushowhide showing drivers that can't find how to install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Wushowhide is showing "Intel Other hardware- Intel Watchdog Timer Driver" and an Intel 400 driver. The latter I take it is not being installed as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by john7, Dec 22, 2015.

1. john7 Win User

Wushowhide showing drivers that can't find how to install

Wushowhide is showing "Intel Other hardware- Intel Watchdog Timer Driver" and an Intel 400 driver.
    The latter I take it is not being installed as I have the actual Intel drivers installed and I normally just hide these. The Watchdog I have no idea about but I can find no such thing in device manager with hidden devices shown or is it downloaded using updating. Would this also have a latter Intel one installed as part of the 400 driver I have?

:)

john7, Dec 22, 2015

2. Microsoft - Printer- 6/21/2006 12>00:00 AM - 10.0.15063.0

The link provided is to instructions on how to stop automatic downloading and installation of driver updates. This is NOT my issue. I am trying to either stop the offering of this
    specific update every time I run wushowhide (hiding it doesn't work) or allow it to download and install (never appears on available Windows Updates) even though I don't believe I need it. I'm
    not understanding how it can constantly show in wushowhide but never be listed as available in Windows Update.

Donald Eager, Dec 22, 2015
  3. LarryLACa Win User
    Windows 10 (AU version 1607) Kernel Auto Boost Lock Acquisition with Raised IRQL Crash

Hi Lz -

I have also been using WUShowHide to control update installs,

since the BSOD IRQL problem showed up (after KB3194496).

I also saw Intel Management Engine Interface as eligible for update in WUShowHide.

My system had already been unstable for 2 days (numerous BSOD crashes) before I updated the Intel Mgmt Interface

from 9.5.24.1790 (old: orig from Win8, retained for Win10 upgrade, date: 11/27/13)

to curr 11.0.0.1157 date 7/7/15

I will try rolling back the Intel driver to 9.5.24.1790 and post back. But I'm skeptical.

after the KB3194496 install, with 9.5.24.1790, was when I first saw the BSOD IRQL crash

after restoring to before KB3194496 and running 9.5.24.1790, my system was stable until I allowed WUShowHide to update the Intel Watchdog Timer (WDT) and the BSOD IRQL crashes resumed. I've been
    unable to track down what WUShowHide updated when I allowed the WDT update. I can't find any refs to WDT in Device Manager.

Re: WUShowHide - I believe the list of eligible updates is somewhat misleading.

I believe what it shows is the list of all drivers (from external vendors) that my PC

(Dell Inspiron 17R)

that Window Update watches for. I tried updating several in the list and saw no change.

LarryLACa, Dec 22, 2015
  4. Wushowhide showing drivers that can't find how to install

The trick to installing drivers from windows update is to right-click on the related hardware in device manage and choose "Update driver software" then "Search automatically...".

It took me a while to figure this out because I was seeing these updates in the show/hide wupdate program but it wasn't installing them even though I wanted them to!

As for your specific issue, no idea - I have a similar update to hide but there's nothing listed in DM to match it.

WastedJoker, Dec 23, 2015
  5. krayz5 Win User
    It seems "Intel Other hardware- Intel Watchdog Timer Driver" is displayed under the name motherboard resources inside system devices. Mine was the last one in the list. So like WastedJoker said we have to check manually for each device driver upgrade in device manager. So check the driver for motherboard resources one of them will be updated and the name will be displayed as Intel(R) Watchdog Timer Driver.

krayz5, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wushowhide showing drivers that can't find how to install

1. Wushowhide showing drivers that can't find how to install - Similar Threads - Wushowhide showing drivers

2. Fresh install of Windows can't find drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh install of Windows can't find drivers: Hi I recently had a fresh install on a new using a bootable USB of Windows everything went ok and was using my laptop for about a day then suddenly a notification popped up saying we need to restart your pc after the restart the laptop was saying no bootable device found so I...
  3. Fresh install of Windows can't find drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fresh install of Windows can't find drivers: Hi I recently had a fresh install on a new using a bootable USB of Windows everything went ok and was using my laptop for about a day then suddenly a notification popped up saying we need to restart your pc after the restart the laptop was saying no bootable device found so I...
  4. Where do I find wushowhide? *found it*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do I find wushowhide? *found it*: There are several threads on the tool 'wushowhide.diagcab'. It was a tool originally encrypted with SHA-1, and download was temporarily blocked because of this weak algorithm. MS eventually posted a copy encrypted with SHA-256, but now the Edge browser is blocking the file...
  5. Where do I find wushowhide? *found it*

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do I find wushowhide? *found it*: There are several threads on the tool 'wushowhide.diagcab'. It was a tool originally encrypted with SHA-1, and download was temporarily blocked because of this weak algorithm. MS eventually posted a copy encrypted with SHA-256, but now the Edge browser is blocking the file...
  6. Where to find wushowhide tools for window 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to find wushowhide tools for window 7?: Referring to following link, I would like to know on where to find wushowhide tools for window 7.Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  7. Where to find wushowhide tools for window 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where to find wushowhide tools for window 7?: Referring to following link, I would like to know on where to find wushowhide tools for window 7.Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  8. Can't hide conflictive update with WUShowHide

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't hide conflictive update with WUShowHide: Hello, the other windows update just installed a conflictive update which broke my settings page (settings were closing right after open) so i had to uninstall it, but I cannot hide it with wushowhide, it says "there's no updates to hide" the update in question is KB5003217...
  9. How to Stop Intel Sys Driver from Showing Up in wushowhide

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Stop Intel Sys Driver from Showing Up in wushowhide: 20H2 In -- wushowhide -- I keep Seeing & Hiding the Driver .... INTEL - System - 7/18/1968 12:00:00 a.m. - 10.1.16.7 ....... Group Pol/ WU/ Don't Let Win Install Drivers is Enabled ........... HP and Intel Software Sppt Asst apps Show Nothing ...... Any idea WHY THIS...
  10. WUShowHide Tool showing driver updates that aren't listed in WU

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WUShowHide Tool showing driver updates that aren't listed in WU: When I run the WUShowHide tool, it lists drivers that are not listed in the main WU interface. Even if there are no updates in WU at all and it says it's completely up to date, WUShowHide still lists some - things like Intel SMBus and memory controller drivers. Why is that?...