Windows 10: WX - Playstation 3 controller - ds3 tool? safe? effective? malware??

Discus and support WX - Playstation 3 controller - ds3 tool? safe? effective? malware?? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I believe I would enjoy playing Dragon Age Inquisition more if I could use a ps3 controller. I can play well enough using keys but I like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JCBme, Jul 30, 2018.

1. JCBme Win User

WX - Playstation 3 controller - ds3 tool? safe? effective? malware??

Hello,

I believe I would enjoy playing Dragon Age Inquisition more if I could use a ps3 controller. I can play well enough using keys but I like smoother motions. I am not tech savvy and loathe trying to uninstall things and pieces of things once I install something I believe will help in one way or another.

It appears that something called a ds3 tool is needed in order for my acer Predator and the controller to communicate. I've read that MotionInJoy is malware and a different tool needs the other tech to function. This sounds like a no win scenario to me.

What is safe, current, easy (un/installing) and necessary to get this done?

I don't have any type of Xbox or pieces for it, btw.

Thank you for your time.

:)

JCBme, Jul 30, 2018
  2. danilux Win User

Windows 10 won't detect DS3 Controller (Device Descriptor Request Fail

• Hi, I have been going crazy, Windows 10 does not recognize my DS3 controller as a Playstation 3 controller, it shows "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" every time I plugg it in, so I can't install any of the softwares that make PS3 controllers work like x360 like MotionInJoy or SCPToolkit because these software can't see my controller in order to apply the custom drivers on, has anyone run into this?

danilux, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Can't manage to connect a second Playstation 3 controller

I have 2 Playstation 3 controllers that I would like to use to play games on my laptop. I managed to install the first one following a guide about "ScpServer" to install it as a "Controller XBOX 360 For Windows" and it works perfectly.
    When I try to use the second one it doesn't work. The 4 lights keep flashing and I tried reinstalling the driver using just the second controller but it still won't work.

Do you have any suggestion?
    Thanks!

Gnottino90, Jul 30, 2018
  4. WX - Playstation 3 controller - ds3 tool? safe? effective? malware??

BH-902 and Playstations 3

I've just found the answer. It is possible to get the headset working with the PS3. You have to ensure that it does not find any other bluetooth paired devices when it's turned on.

The procedure is :-

1. Pair the device with your PS3. The headset will lock up once paired. Reset the headset using the charger+power+call button method.

2. Pair the device with your phone. The headset will then show 2 devices in it's paiting list. The phone and "Unknown Device" - the Playstation.

To use with the Playstation, disable Bluetooth on your phone and simply power on the headset. It will show as not connected and sit there scrolling "Searching for latest devices". In fact it will be connected to the Playstation and you can use it perfectly.
    Do not try to manually connect it to the Playstation, this will again crash the headset.

This is very strange operation but seems to work. I hope this is useful for others.

Regards Paul.

Message Edited by herbo on 26-Mar-2008 08:28 AM

herbo---01, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

WX - Playstation 3 controller - ds3 tool? safe? effective? malware??

1. WX - Playstation 3 controller - ds3 tool? safe? effective? malware?? - Similar Threads - Playstation controller ds3

2. wireless BUZZ playstation 3 controllers how to sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless BUZZ playstation 3 controllers how to sync: i have tried everything i have looked all over the web and have found nothing and I'm getting desperate. i bought these buzzers from the playstation 3 game BUZZ and they are wireless. I have tried to sync them with the wireless dongle and then map them with joy to key with no...
  3. wireless BUZZ playstation 3 controllers how to sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wireless BUZZ playstation 3 controllers how to sync: i have tried everything i have looked all over the web and have found nothing and I'm getting desperate. i bought these buzzers from the playstation 3 game BUZZ and they are wireless. I have tried to sync them with the wireless dongle and then map them with joy to key with no...
  4. Is CCleaner safe or effective?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is CCleaner safe or effective?: I have been using CCleaner for a while now. However recently I have heard that it is not safe or effective. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ccleaner-safe-or-effective/1a8fa485-f1be-4d47-9bfb-b9694b3cc7d6
  5. Is CCleaner safe or effective?

Is CCleaner safe or effective?: I have been using CCleaner for a while now. However recently I have heard that it is not safe or effective. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ccleaner-safe-or-effective/1a8fa485-f1be-4d47-9bfb-b9694b3cc7d6
  6. Playstation 3 controllers no longer work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playstation 3 controllers no longer work: I can't figure out how make my wired controllers work. They used to work fine, but now they ARE detected, and the drivers say they are up to date, yet they do not function anymore. They work fine on my ps3. I have spent hours and hours now searching for a solution to no...
  7. Playstation 3 controllers no longer work

Playstation 3 controllers no longer work: I can't figure out how make my wired controllers work. They used to work fine, but now they ARE detected, and the drivers say they are up to date, yet they do not function anymore. They work fine on my ps3. I have spent hours and hours now searching for a solution to no...
  8. Playstation 3 controllers no longer work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Playstation controller not working

Playstation controller not working: I have an original PlayStation controller hooked up to my Windows 10 pc through an adapter (this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NJBD90/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). However, when I connect the controller to the pc and try to use it the...
  10. Can't manage to connect a second Playstation 3 controller

Can't manage to connect a second Playstation 3 controller: I have 2 Playstation 3 controllers that I would like to use to play games on my laptop. I managed to install the first one following a guide about "ScpServer" to install it as a "Controller XBOX 360 For Windows" and it works perfectly. When I try to use the second one it...