Windows 10: WXP

Discus and support WXP in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can we still change the Windows XP language after installation it is not in English it was installed in a different language I want the whole OS to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by G_696969, Feb 20, 2024.

1. G_696969 Win User

WXP

Can we still change the Windows XP language after installation it is not in English it was installed in a different language I want the whole OS to be in the English language is that still possible?

:)

G_696969, Feb 20, 2024

2. How Network of w10 & wXP

Hello all:

I have combined 2-laptop w10 together as a small home network. I still have another

wXP with much data in it. Could my home network includes the wXP? --Zhao

HonglinZhao, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Bree Win User
    Transfer Directories from WXP to W10 by network partially working

Permissions, probably. The permissions on the files in the HDD (or those seen on the share) would have been set by the XP machine that copied the file to the HDD, but they relate to accounts on the XP machine, not the W10 one. From XP you can see all the files have been copied, but from W10 you may only have permissions to list the top level folders, not their contents.

Try connecting the HDD to the W10 machine again, but before trying to copy the files, take ownership of the folder you want to copy and grant yourself full access.

4. MET_01 Win User

WXP

Change keyboard driver for WXP guest on W7 host, how?

I have a VM (from VMware, not XP mode) with WXP on W7. The installation passed well except that the VM has a different keyboard layout than the host which I would like to correct. I would very much appreciate to receive some instructions on how to proceed
    for correcting it.

Regards,

Marcel

Here the details (I hope the screenshots will be inserted):

Language installed on host are German(Swiss) and French(Swiss)

Information on Host drivers:

It looks like VMware added also their driver.

Information on Guest drivers:

... and also:

MET_01, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

WXP

1. WXP - Similar Threads - WXP

2. HyperV+wXP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HyperV+wXP: Anyone here tried wXP in HyperV and no LAN how did you add the LAN driver to the VM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hypervwxp/3ad817b5-d0f8-447e-a255-f647aba37b8c
  3. HyperV+wXP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HyperV+wXP: Anyone here tried wXP in HyperV and no LAN how did you add the LAN driver to the VM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hypervwxp/3ad817b5-d0f8-447e-a255-f647aba37b8c
  4. WXP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WXP: Can we still change the Windows XP language after installation it is not in English it was installed in a different language I want the whole OS to be in the English language is that still possible?...
  5. Best VM engine to run WXP?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Best VM engine to run WXP?: I have a couple old version applications that only will run in Windows XP. I'd like to know what options I have for Ten. It supposed to run in only one machine (my own) and I don't need nothing fancy, basically: 1) Install and run Windows XP Pro 2) Share USB ports and...
  6. Transfer Directories from WXP to W10 by network partially working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer Directories from WXP to W10 by network partially working: I have connected a Win XP and Win 10 on my network. I am transferring directories from the Win XP to Win 10 by dragging them to Win 10. The main directory and files in the main directory are transferred, however, sub-directories and files in them seems to be transferred...