Windows 10: X Mark on Desktop Icons

Discus and support X Mark on Desktop Icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently noticed that I have x marks on the lower left of all my desktop icons. If I logoff and logon they disappear...until I add another icon. They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by orealius, Aug 9, 2018.

1. orealius Win User

X Mark on Desktop Icons

I recently noticed that I have x marks on the lower left of all my desktop icons. If I logoff and logon they disappear...until I add another icon. They then all come back. Have been searching for a solution.
    Any help appreciated.

:)

orealius, Aug 9, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Desktop Icons

Hello,

Some configuration on your desktop settings must have been changed. To address your concern, follow the steps below:

• Right-click anywhere on your desktop > Click View.
    • Make sure there's a check mark beside Show desktop icons.
    • Check if the desktop icons are now appearing.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Regile Reb, Aug 9, 2018
  4. BALA0007 Win User

X Mark on Desktop Icons

Laptop Desktop icons X marked

Why Desktop icons got cross marked?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

BALA0007, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

X Mark on Desktop Icons

1. X Mark on Desktop Icons - Similar Threads - Mark Desktop Icons

2. X, 2 people, or check marks on desktop shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    X, 2 people, or check marks on desktop shortcuts.: I am running Windows 10. My desktop shortcuts sometimes display either a small gray X, an icon of 2 people, or a check mark in a green circle. Sometimes they rotate between the three every few seconds. This effects all desktop shortcuts. It does not happen all the time, but...
  3. X, 2 people, or check marks on desktop shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    X, 2 people, or check marks on desktop shortcuts.: I am running Windows 10. My desktop shortcuts sometimes display either a small gray X, an icon of 2 people, or a check mark in a green circle. Sometimes they rotate between the three every few seconds. This effects all desktop shortcuts. It does not happen all the time, but...
  4. X, 2 people, or check marks on desktop shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My desktop icons have check marks and red x's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop icons have check marks and red x's: How can i removed the red x in my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-icons-have-check-marks-and-red-xs/7041e9d9-a2b1-4e73-898d-d7914fe0e910
  6. My desktop icons have check marks and red x's

My desktop icons have check marks and red x's: How can i removed the red x in my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-icons-have-check-marks-and-red-xs/7041e9d9-a2b1-4e73-898d-d7914fe0e910
  7. My desktop icons have check marks and red x's

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. X icons in the botton left corner of the desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    X icons in the botton left corner of the desktop icons: I just updated my laptop BIOS and every icon has a green tick or red x in the bottom left, all the apps work exactly as they should no matter the tick. Any ideas how I should be able to make them disappear?...
  9. X icons in the botton left corner of the desktop icons

X icons in the botton left corner of the desktop icons: I just updated my laptop BIOS and every icon has a green tick or red x in the bottom left, all the apps work exactly as they should no matter the tick. Any ideas how I should be able to make them disappear?...
  10. x in corner of desktop icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    x in corner of desktop icon: Normal there's an arrow in the bottom left corner of the icons for the applications pinned to the desktop. I've now notice that a select few now have a grey x in that spot. what is this supposed to mean? submitted by /u/Dovinjun [link] [comments]...