Windows 10: X453MA Motherboard ASUS - Boot path not shown on BIOS

Discus and support X453MA Motherboard ASUS - Boot path not shown on BIOS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue with a laptop here. ASUS Laptop model F453M. It encountered a problem with the HDD. After troubleshooting and diagnosis I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Asesela, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Asesela Win User

X453MA Motherboard ASUS - Boot path not shown on BIOS

Hi,

I have an issue with a laptop here. ASUS Laptop model F453M. It encountered a problem with the HDD. After troubleshooting and diagnosis I found that the HDD is faulty. It's been infected with malware and virus. I couldn't remove the malware using Malwarebyte so I decided to reset the PC.

Even the reset option wasn't working. I backed up all data, had no option but to format the HDD and re-install Windowd 10 OS. The HDD was removed, connected to a machine via SATA cable (not as a removal hard disk) and began with the formatting and reloading of Windows 10 OS. The Windows 10 OS license was activated.

Once completed, I fitted back the HDD into the laptop (ASUS). Powered on the laptop, but unfortunately it did not boot from the HDD. The BIOS can be seen, when i checked the Boot tab, there was no booot sequence configured. I can't even add the boot path.

Now the laptop could not boot up even the Windoes 10 OS is installed.

Any suggestions on what can be done next? I understand the motherboard is still working.

I would really appreciate any help from this forum.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Asesela, Aug 9, 2018

2. Windows 10 Inaccessible Boot Device - boot loop

Thanks Greg, I've tried a lot of the steps provided. I noticed my motherboard version is listed as version 'X.0x'. I'm sure the latest bios update from Asus is newer than my current but I'm hesitant to install Bios updates, do you think updating my bios
    is likely to work? Or should I do a clean install of Windows first? Also should I use the earlier version of Windows as Andre suggested?

Thanks a lot

Matt.

MattThomson1, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Booting from USB on x38 Motherboard, NOT?

See sys specs... ASUS ROG x38 motherboard, flashed to x48 Rampage.

In BIOS under "Boot Device Priority", I select and of the 3 boot device slots, and no where do I find an option for USB, these are the only options in each:

• 1st floopy drive
    • HDD: P0-WDC WD2500KS
    • ATAPI CD-ROM
    • Disabled
    Is there a place in the BIOS to enable boot from USB?

It's AMI, says v02.61 on the BIOS screen

Sasqui, Aug 9, 2018
  4. X453MA Motherboard ASUS - Boot path not shown on BIOS

Can't disable secure boot in bios/uefi

Can you attempt the suggested steps in the following article?

https://www.qualityology.com/tech/disable-asus-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

X453MA Motherboard ASUS - Boot path not shown on BIOS

1. X453MA Motherboard ASUS - Boot path not shown on BIOS - Similar Threads - X453MA Motherboard ASUS

2. Asus motherboard Update Bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus motherboard Update Bios: Hi.Recently I wanted to update my Asus b250m-c motherboard bios and I figured my bios is "Aptio setup utility". It looks pretty old and doesn't have tools for updating bios EZflash and it seems like even some older motherboards have modern bios more graphical bios . So is...
  3. Asus motherboard Update Bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus motherboard Update Bios: Hi.Recently I wanted to update my Asus b250m-c motherboard bios and I figured my bios is "Aptio setup utility". It looks pretty old and doesn't have tools for updating bios EZflash and it seems like even some older motherboards have modern bios more graphical bios . So is...
  4. Asus motherboard Update Bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Set secure boot on Asus b450m-a motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set secure boot on Asus b450m-a motherboard: I'm trying to set secure boot on Asus b450m-a motherboard to be able to use Win 11. I have tried various combinations of CSM settings and Secure Boot settings but haven't been able to achieve it. The PC Health App tells me that TPM 2 is enabled but Secure Boot isn't. Can...
  6. Set secure boot on Asus b450m-a motherboard

Set secure boot on Asus b450m-a motherboard: I'm trying to set secure boot on Asus b450m-a motherboard to be able to use Win 11. I have tried various combinations of CSM settings and Secure Boot settings but haven't been able to achieve it. The PC Health App tells me that TPM 2 is enabled but Secure Boot isn't. Can...
  7. Set secure boot on Asus b450m-a motherboard

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Asus motherboard and folder

Asus motherboard and folder: I have a n Asus board on a PC made for me. I was looking at some folders and found an Asus folder under program files that is almost 500 MB. Before I ramble, I would not mind deleting it if it is manuals etc. Could you help me with this please? 159644
  9. Asus laptop boots directly into BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus laptop boots directly into BIOS: I cannot get to Safe mode or recovery, The laptop just boots right to BIOS. I thought I download Windows 10 with Download Tool and I got this Error code: 0x80042405-0xA001A...
  10. BIOS update question for ASUS Crosshair Vi Hero motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS update question for ASUS Crosshair Vi Hero motherboard: I don't know if this is the correct forum for this so please feel free to move it as needed. I have the Asus Crosshair VI Hero board running a Ryzen 1700 with 32gb of DDR4 2400 ram. I have currently installed bios 1701, and after months of tweaking, cussing, adjusting...