Windows 10: Xbox app closes itself just as I open it.

Discus and support Xbox app closes itself just as I open it. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I just updated to Windows 10, and being pretty hyped for dX12 and cross-platform gaming, I went straight away to the xbox app. to my surprise, as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bernard, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Bernard Win User

Xbox app closes itself just as I open it.

So I just updated to Windows 10, and being pretty hyped for dX12 and cross-platform gaming, I went straight away to the xbox app. to my surprise, as soon as I opened the app, it inmediatly closed itself, flashing the window for like half a second.

I've tried reseting the computer countless times and made sure I had the latest updates, but it still unexplicably closes itself. And when I try to open the market app, it says the server has stumbled and gives me error code 0x80072EE7.

Can anyone help me?
    It's gonna be really frustrating to not be able to open the xbox app when the win10 update comes to xbox one...

:)

Bernard, Aug 1, 2015

2. Xbox app close itself on windows 10

Hello,

i did that and still problem not resolved Xbox app closes itself just as I open it. :(

the xbox app still crash and close itself after open it

LinuxMaster, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Process Microsoft Account doesnt close and consumes CPU time

Huh huh , at the very moment i opened XBox tile , the thug popped up . i did it just to investigate !!!

Microsoft fix this bug ! The process must close itself automaticaly

leopard_jumps, Aug 1, 2015
  4. vgchat Win User

Here is what your error message means.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/883821

• The 0x80072EE7 error code may occur if the client computer cannot find the correct IP address when it tries to resolve a URL for the Windows Update Web site or for the Microsoft Update Web site. This error may occur if the Hosts file contains a static IP address.
    Code: Let me fix it myself Before you resolve this problem, clear the Microsoft Internet Explorer cache. To do this, following these steps:
    • On the Internet Explorer Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    • On the General tab, click Delete Files in the Temporary Internet Files section.
    • Click OK, and then click OK again.
    To resolve this error, recreate the database that stores Windows Update information or Microsoft Update information on your computer. To do this, follow these steps:
    • Click Start, click Run type cmd in the Open box, and then click OK.
    • At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: net stop wuauserv
    • At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: cd /dc:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution Where c:\Windows is the folder where Windows is installed.
    • At the command prompt, type the following command including the quotes, and then press ENTER: rd /S /Q DataStore
    • At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: net start wuauserv.
    • Exit the command prompt window.
    [/quote] If you still have issues, here are results mentioning your error code in the past 24 hours.
    Google

vgchat, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Xbox app closes itself just as I open it. - Similar Threads - Xbox app closes

2. optical drive drawer keeps opening and closing by itself.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    optical drive drawer keeps opening and closing by itself.: drive drawer opens and closes by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive-drawer-keeps-opening-and-closing-by/11decdf9-8291-428a-b97e-efba2a223793
  3. Open internet programs just close

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open internet programs just close: Hi, This has just started recently where I will open a program, in this case a trading platform (actually 2 platforms) and then they will just disappear. No message, no warning, nothing. This is becoming more frequent where today I can't keep them open past a couple of...
  4. Internet closing by itself

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Internet closing by itself: When I am on the internet (either Edge or Firefox), I can be reading something and the internet just closes. I can reopen the internet again and it will usually take me back to where I was. How can I stop this or is this just something else I just have to live with (don't...
  5. When I open my start menu it just closes itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I open my start menu it just closes itself: Hi everyone, the problem I have with my windows start menu is that when I click on it, it opens, but when I try and click anything in it just closes itself....
  6. AdBlock is closing EVERY app that i open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AdBlock is closing EVERY app that i open.: Yesterday, I downloaded AdBlocker because I was getting to many ads. Since then, every app developed by Microsoft closes. e.g. Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Store etc....
  7. asphalt 9 game closes itself as soon as it is opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    asphalt 9 game closes itself as soon as it is opened: i have installed and reinstalled asphalt 9 game but it closes as soon as it is opened. first the logo of gameloft comes then it turns black and then it closes itself. please help...
  8. mail app closes by itself while in use

in Browsers and Email
    mail app closes by itself while in use: this app has been sloggy, but now, when i finally get it to my hotmail account, it closes unexpectedly. first of all, it automatically opens to my gmail account rather than the hotmail. if i try to sync to receive new mail or click on a message, it will close instead of...
  9. edge&xbox app close when opening; cortana responds ONLY @1st

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edge&xbox app close when opening; cortana responds ONLY @1st: I didnt find a subforum that really fit problem, so if its in the wrong place my apologies &feel free to move it. I have a toshiba laptop upgraded to windows 10. Suddenly about a week ago my start menu, Cortana, & several other windows apps (calculator, etc) stopped opening...
  10. Xbox Accessory app just closes on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Accessory app just closes on startup: I just bought a Xbox one Elite controller. So im trying to get the Xbox Accessory app to work to customize the controller. It booted 1st time and went to update the firmware. Next thing I know its just closed down. So I went to start it up and ever since then if the...