Windows 10: Check Battery Level of Bluetooth Devices in Windows 10

Discus and support Check Battery Level of Bluetooth Devices in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Check Battery Level of Bluetooth Devices in Windows 10 How to Check Battery Level of Bluetooth Devices in Windows 10 Bluetooth is a short... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Slartybart, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Check Battery Level of Bluetooth Devices in Windows 10

How to: Check Battery Level of Bluetooth Devices in Windows 10

How to Check Battery Level of Bluetooth Devices in Windows 10

Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology which enables wireless data transmission between two Bluetooth enabled devices located nearby each other.

There are many different types of Bluetooth enabled devices you can add and pair to your PC, such as mobile phones, wireless headsets, speakers, fitness trackers, mouse, keyboard, pen, etc...

Starting with Windows 10 build 17639, you can now check the battery level of your Bluetooth devices. For Bluetooth devices that support this feature, the battery percentage will update whenever your PC and the device are connected.

This feature can be handy to help see the battery level real status, and charge as needed before the Bluetooth device powers off from a dead battery.

This tutorial will show you how to check the battery percentage level of your Bluetooth devices that support this feature in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Bluetooth & other devices on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. Look for the battery percentage level (if supported ) of your Bluetooth device(s) on the right side.

Check Battery Level of Bluetooth Devices in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Slartybart, Apr 6, 2015

2. Viewing battery level for Bluetooth Headphones

Hello Jerry my name is Bradford and I'm an Independent Advisor for the Microsoft Community and I'll try to help you find the battery level information for your Bluetooth Headphones. I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Open the "Settings app".

2. Open the page "Devices", then go to "Bluetooth & other devices".

3. On the right, find your device in the list under "Mouse, keyboard, & pen".

Please note that you might have to scroll further down if there is a section labeled "Audio" since Bluetooth Headphones are an Audio device.

4. You will see the battery level indicator next to the device name.

If this doesn't help you find the information you need please let me know so that I can provide other options!

Omoikane1122, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Polling Bluetooth Battery level with Powershell

To check the battery level of your compatible Bluetooth devices on Windows 10, use these steps:

1 Open Settings.

2 Click on Devices.

3 Click on Bluetooth & other devices.

4 Under “Mouse, keyboard, & pen,” you’ll see a battery percentage indicator on the right side.

Bluetooth battery level status

On supported devices, the battery level will update every time your device and Bluetooth peripheral are connected.

If you don’t see the battery indicator, it’s likely because you’re not running the supported version of Windows 10, or your Bluetooth device doesn’t support this feature. The battery level indicator in the Settings app is available starting with the Windows
    10 October 2018 Update.

Update February 4, 2019: This guide was originally published in August 2018, and it’s been updated to make sure it’s current with the latest version of Windows 10.

Check Battery Level of Bluetooth Devices in Windows 10 c77de98a-545e-46c0-80b0-d471f5b4eebc?upload=true.jpg

HiltonOishi, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Check Battery Level of Bluetooth Devices in Windows 10

Battery level of external Bluetooth devices

Hi Robert,

At first check if your devices have their own application interfaces that enable users to change default actions and provide more control over the device. These applications usually have information about the battery level.

Next Windows 10 version 1803 rolled out a new feature to show the battery level of external Bluetooth devices but your devices should support this feature. Do as follows to check it:

Go to Settings - Devices - Bluetooth and other devices.

You will find the battery level next to the device name if it supports the above feature.

Finally you can install the Surface app designed also for checking battery level on Surface machines. Download the app from the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/surface/9wzdn...(ir__g96vgyquabvefusqhgk3j0ath22xh1tdhhrr36sf00)(7593)(159229)()(UUwpUdUnU50180)&irgwc=1&irclickid=_g96vgyquabvefusqhgk3j0ath22xh1tdhhrr36sf00&activetab=pivot%3Aoverviewtab

Nicky Radonskiy, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Peer_Sam Win User
    How to check battery level of external Bluetooth devices on Surface machine.

Hi Caitlyn,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Most Bluetooth devices have their own application interfaces which allow users to change default actions and provide more control over the device. Most of these applications provide information about the battery status as well.

Windows 10 version 1803 includes a new feature to show the battery level of external Bluetooth device. Windows 10 shows the battery level of the external device only, if the device supports the feature. All devices might not support this feature.

Go to Settings->Devices->Bluetooth and other devices.

If the device is connected and supports the feature, you should be able to see the battery level next to the device name.

Since, you are using a surface machine, the surface app has a dedicated battery level section for Microsoft Bluetooth accessories, letting you get an overall glimpse at how much longer each has left before it's in need of some more power. You can download
    the app from the link below.

Microsoft
    Surface app

On surface app, click on the battery icon to see the connected Microsoft accessories listed along with their battery level. Compatible accessories include devices like the Surface Pen and Surface Dial, Microsoft Surface Mouse and Ergonomic Keyboard.

Hope it helps.

Please feel free to contact back, in case you need any further assistance and mark the answer as 'Yes', if it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 27, 2019
  6. How to check battery level of external Bluetooth devices on Surface machine.

I have a Surface Pro 4 updated to the most recent software update. I'm unable to see the battery levels of my connected Bluetooth devices, such as my Microsoft Bluetooth mouse. Is there a setting I need to turn on?

***Modified title from: Check Battery of Bluetooth Device***

CaitlynWong, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Check Battery Level of Bluetooth Devices in Windows 10

1. Check Battery Level of Bluetooth Devices in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Check Battery Level

2. Windows 10 is not showing the battery level of any of my bluetooth devices even though...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is not showing the battery level of any of my bluetooth devices even though...: I just bought a Bluetooth speaker and it has no indication of how much battery is remaining on the speaker. Windows 10 is apparently supposed to show battery life of all bluetooth devices but it won't work for my speaker or my bluetooth keyboard. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  3. How to check Battery level using Command line in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to check Battery level using Command line in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]With every new update, Microsoft works on optimizing the battery levels of a computer running Windows 10. If someone wants to check the battery levels of a computer using Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell, it is now possible. This method [...] This post...
  4. Bluetooth devices battery level stopped showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth devices battery level stopped showing: After the recent Windows 10 update to version 1903 (build 18362.116), connected bluetooth devices (mouse, pen) do not show battery levels in Settings (I am quite sure it was showing before). HP Spectre x360 convertible (2019) with the same BT mouse and digital pen as before...
  5. How to check Bluetooth Battery level on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to check Bluetooth Battery level on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 allows you to to check the Bluetooth battery level of devices. Often, the peripherals or accessories we use for our Windows 10 devices are connected to it via Bluetooth technology. It’s a high speed low powered wireless technology [...] This post...
  6. Polling Bluetooth Battery level with Powershell

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Polling Bluetooth Battery level with Powershell: I know with Windows 10 1803 we are able to see the battery level of connect wireless Bluetooth devices that support it (Such as the Surface Mouse) Is there a PowerShell command that can be run to display the battery level for these devices as well? One exists for the...
  7. Bluetooth Battery Level via Battery System Icon

Bluetooth Battery Level via Battery System Icon: We have all been there when our wireless devices (mouse/keyboard) stop responding. Or in my instance, using the Surface Pen buttons and suddenly they stopped working. You guessed it, my battery in my Bluetooth device died. Would it be possible to update either the...
  8. Viewing battery level for Bluetooth Headphones

Viewing battery level for Bluetooth Headphones: Hi, does anyone know how I can find the battery percentage for Bluetooth headphones? I googled it and it only had stuff for mouse, keyboard, pen, etc BUT NONE FOR HEADPHONES!!! I need my headphones to work and it is important for me to know when I need to charge it so it...
  9. Battery level of external Bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery level of external Bluetooth devices: I use updated Surface Pro 4 laptop. It works without any problems but I want to find out how I can check the battery level of the connected external Bluetooth devices, for instance the mouse. I cannot find the setting anywhere...
  10. Check Battery of Bluetooth Device

Check Battery of Bluetooth Device: I have a Surface Pro 4 updated to the most recent software update. I'm unable to see the battery levels of my connected Bluetooth devices, such as my Microsoft Bluetooth mouse. Is there a setting I need to turn on?...