Windows 10: Xbox App very slow performance while watching videos and streaming

Discus and support Xbox App very slow performance while watching videos and streaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all. I have a problem that's really confusing me. Everytime I try to watch a friend's uploaded video on my activity feed, it lags and seems to move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sonny, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Sonny Win User

Xbox App very slow performance while watching videos and streaming

Hi all. I have a problem that's really confusing me. Everytime I try to watch a friend's uploaded video on my activity feed, it lags and seems to move in slow motion. The weirdest part is that it starts to stutter at exactly 4 seconds in! This doesn't make any sense. Funny thing is, I tested this out on the regular Xbox One SmartGlass app and it works perfectly.

Another problem is streaming games from my Xbox One to PC. It hardly works. The stream lags behind by an incredible amount and the bandwidth usage constantly changes and drops down to zero. Sometimes the app crashes, too. Also, my PC and Xbox One are completely hard wired to my router. I've tried lowering quality, changing Ethernet cables, no help at all.

My internet speed is 17.00 Mbps down and 1.73 Mbps up. I'm thinking it's the app itself? Everything else on the internet works fine for me except this. I also have tried updating the Xbox App, but no updates are available.

It's driving me crazy since it seems to work fine for most people I've seen on the internet.

:)

Sonny, Jul 30, 2015

2. Xbox One Video Streaming

I'm trying to stream video's to my xbox using the media player app on the xbox one. it see's the files and when I go to play a video it plays for about 5 seconds then drops out, yet does not have a problem streaming the xbox onme to windows 10, can play
    it that way for hours yet from pc to xbox it drops out as soon as I try and watch something.

I have changed routers and its also happened on 2 separate xbox one's

ANDREWMCCULLOCH_87, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Arul_D Win User
    At wits end trying to stream Xbox One games

Hello,

By making a few adjustments to your home network, you can improve your audio and video quality when streaming games. Try the suggestions from the below links to improve your game streaming performance when using the Xbox app on
    Windows 10.

I am experiencing low streaming quality on my Xbox One

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/streaming-quality-solution

Improve Xbox app for Windows 10 game streaming performance

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-on-windows/gaming-on-windows/improve-game-streaming-performance

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Xbox App very slow performance while watching videos and streaming

What is your model is your Internet Router and what area do you live in?

SilentElipse, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Sonny Win User
    It's an Actiontec F2250. My ISP is Frontier. I live in a semi-rural area.

Sonny, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Xbox App very slow performance while watching videos and streaming

1. Xbox App very slow performance while watching videos and streaming - Similar Threads - Xbox App very

2. COLOR CORRECTION WHILE WATCHING VIDEO (VERY NOTICABLE CONSTANT CHANGES)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COLOR CORRECTION WHILE WATCHING VIDEO (VERY NOTICABLE CONSTANT CHANGES): I've recently bought a new HP pavilion 13inch and I'm having constant color correction issues while I'm watching Netflix (APP&WEB) and Youtube. I've tried to fix this problem through settings and I didn't come to a solution. I've also recently visited the store I bought my...
  3. Cant watch video while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant watch video while gaming: Hi, Dont know if this is the right place to post this but i give it a try. I am unable to watch a movie or look at youtube videos when i am gaming at the same time. The symptom is that the video laggs but the audio is fine sometimes. its like its dropping frames but when i...
  4. Bluescreens while gaming/watching videos

Bluescreens while gaming/watching videos: Hey, Over the past few days, I've had bluescreens while playing Dota 2 and watching videos on Youtube and Crunchyroll in google chrome. Could someone please take a look at the attached files and help out? Your time is much appreciated, thanks a lot! 62932
  5. BSOD mainly while streaming and watching Twitch..

BSOD mainly while streaming and watching Twitch..: I recently have been trying to stream on twitch, and it works for like 30 minutes-1 hour then my computer crashes.. Any help would be greatly appreciated, really want to start streaming seriously and on a schedule but can't due to this unfortunate issue that frequently...
  6. BSOD while playing WOW or watching streaming video

BSOD while playing WOW or watching streaming video: I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and everything has been really smooth, except recently I've started getting increasingly frequent BSOD crashes. It usually gives me the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, but sometimes I get other ones. It was fairly infrequent, but last night it...
  7. BSOD while watching streams

BSOD while watching streams: Greetings, So recently, I've noticed some minor freezes while watching streams, it only happens once, then it stops. Unfortunately, today, my computer completely froze and I got a BSOD error, with the following message: "VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL" So I went...
  8. Occasional BSOD while watching videos/streams online

Occasional BSOD while watching videos/streams online: Hello, A few times a week, BSODs occur while I'm watching online videos or streams. The BSODs are always related to ntoskrnl.exe or other system files (I checked with WhoCrashed and BlueScreenView). I have to mention that I keep all drivers updated (apart from an AHCI...
  9. Watching/streaming Video's

in Windows 10 Support
    Watching/streaming Video's: Hi, Since I installed Win 10 I notice at times when I watch a movie in full screen on any player or stream on you tube full screen the player will min itself or freeze so I have to refresh, watching a movie on a player will result in it just closing or crashing, with some...
  10. 4K Streaming Comes to Amazon Video Xbox App

in Windows 10 News
    4K Streaming Comes to Amazon Video Xbox App: [img] Starting today, Amazon Video fans can now watch their favorite shows and movies in stunning 4K UHD on their Xbox One S with the latest Amazon Video app update. Already have the Amazon Video app? Simply launch the app to get the update. Don’t have Amazon Video? Head...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox streams in slow motion