Xbox App will not launch.

Discus and support Xbox App will not launch. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just as the title says, clicking the Xbox App does nothing. I tried updating, reseting it, reinstalling it, restarted my computer, hard reset, etc. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nef Omni Anyo, Jul 11, 2018 at 9:32 PM.

1. Nef Omni Anyo Win User

Just as the title says, clicking the Xbox App does nothing. I tried updating, reseting it, reinstalling it, restarted my computer, hard reset, etc. It simply won't launch. It was working last week... I had to download the Xbox app (beta), but I can't use the beta version of the app, as certain features do not work, that I need. (like uploading DVR clips from my PC to Xbox DVR)

:)

Nef Omni Anyo, Jul 11, 2018 at 9:32 PM
  2. Cheri F Win User

Xbox app closes on launch

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately...

• Has any new software or hardware been added recently? No.
    • Did you also change any settings prior to this issue? No.
    • Is there any error message? None.
    • For the Xbox app issue, have you also tried the suggestions posted by Syed Md Bilal in this thread?
      Quite a few people found it helpful. - I did try this (for the Xbox and Photos app) and it made absolutely no difference.
    I'd appreciate any additional suggestions. I'm still unable to use either the Xbox or Photos app. I'd really like to use them.

3. Syed Md Bilal Win User
    XBox app crashes on launch in Windows 10

Hi Kellon,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app on your computer and check.
    Follow the steps provided below.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.
    After uninstalling the Xbox app, I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Xbox
    app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/xbox/9wzdncrfjbd8

If you are still facing an issue with Xbox app, I suggest you to contact the Xbox support team and check.

You may refer the following link to post your query on Xbox forum.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 11, 2018 at 9:35 PM
  4. Michelle Vil Win User

Xbox app closes on launch

Hi Cheri,

To understand the issue better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Has any new software or hardware been added recently?
    • Did you also change any settings prior to this issue?
    • Is there any error message?
    • For the Xbox app issue, have you also tried the suggestions posted by Syed Md Bilal in this
      thread? Quite a few people found it helpful.

Looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jul 11, 2018 at 9:35 PM
Thema:

1. Xbox App will not launch. - Similar Threads - Xbox App launch

2. Xbox App on Windows 10 Blocking me from joining any clubs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox App on Windows 10 Blocking me from joining any clubs: First time trying to join a club and it tells me to change settings in my privacy settings because my account is not setup or whatever. So I proceeded to find this setting and allow it, then submit. However every time the webpage refreshes the setting is back to being...
  3. Windows 10 apps not working (solitaire, xbox)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 apps not working (solitaire, xbox): I got mine working by following this Right click taskbar and open powershell as admin copy paste this line Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} press enter It sorted all my issues out,...
  4. Xbox app mic issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox app mic issues: So I was just playing a game of siege on my xbox one, my mic was fine, no one complained, nothing. Then a little while later I play Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on my (Windows 10 x64 for people who are wondering) PC and I went to a party and everybody said there was a...
  5. Icons (and sometimes display name) Regularly Show Up Wrong In The Xbox App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons (and sometimes display name) Regularly Show Up Wrong In The Xbox App: I'm just posting this in the hope somebody from Microsoft will see this and perhaps get this fixed. When I look at my achievements on the Xbox App, the icons regularly show messed up. Instead of an icon, you will see a default green placeholder image. In the case of Rise of...
  6. How can I disable the auto sign in of the Xbox app on WIndows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable the auto sign in of the Xbox app on WIndows 10?: Is there a way to completely sign out of Xbox on Windows 10 so that retyping in a password is required to sign back in? I set up a child account for my son but our computer (we share it) is also saving MY Xbox account info so he can basically just switch to my Xbox account...
  7. How can I disable the auto sign in of the Xbox app on WIndows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I disable the auto sign in of the Xbox app on WIndows 10?: Is there a way to completely sign out of Xbox on Windows 10 so that retyping in a password is required to sign back in? I set up a child account for my son but our computer (we share it) is also saving MY Xbox account info so he can basically just switch to my Xbox account...
  8. Xbox App mic issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox App mic issue: I'm using windows 10, my headphones work fine for discord, skype, facebook calls, and teamspeak, but I'm trying to talk to my friends on Xbox App and if they dont mute me all they hear is a fast loud popping sound, regardless of whether or not the mic is muted on my end....
  9. Since Anniversary Update Kindle and Xbox Smartglass app won't launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since Anniversary Update Kindle and Xbox Smartglass app won't launch: Since anniversary update I noticed these 2 apps Kindle and Xbox Smartglass were greyed out in start menu. When I tried to launch them I get 'This app can't open, check windows store for more info'. I uninstalled them both successfully and then went to store to install them...
  10. Xbox Avatars app launches for Windows 10 Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox Avatars app launches for Windows 10 Technical Preview: [img] Microsoft is continuing to deploy revamped universal Windows app for its upcoming Windows 10 OS. Today, the Avatars app is now available to let you customize and manipulate your Xbox gamer avatar. The app itself is around 35 MB is ready to be used in Windows 10...