Windows 10: Xbox App will not launch.

Discus and support Xbox App will not launch. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just as the title says, clicking the Xbox App does nothing. I tried updating, reseting it, reinstalling it, restarted my computer, hard reset, etc. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nef Omni Anyo, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Xbox App will not launch.

Just as the title says, clicking the Xbox App does nothing. I tried updating, reseting it, reinstalling it, restarted my computer, hard reset, etc. It simply won't launch. It was working last week... I had to download the Xbox app (beta), but I can't use the beta version of the app, as certain features do not work, that I need. (like uploading DVR clips from my PC to Xbox DVR)

:)

Nef Omni Anyo, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Cheri F Win User

Xbox app closes on launch

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately...

• Has any new software or hardware been added recently? No.
    • Did you also change any settings prior to this issue? No.
    • Is there any error message? None.
    • For the Xbox app issue, have you also tried the suggestions posted by Syed Md Bilal in this thread?
      Quite a few people found it helpful. - I did try this (for the Xbox and Photos app) and it made absolutely no difference.
    I'd appreciate any additional suggestions. I'm still unable to use either the Xbox or Photos app. I'd really like to use them.

Cheri F, Jul 11, 2018
  3. XBox app crashes on launch in Windows 10

Hi Kellon,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app on your computer and check.
    Follow the steps provided below.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.
    After uninstalling the Xbox app, I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Xbox
    app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/xbox/9wzdncrfjbd8

If you are still facing an issue with Xbox app, I suggest you to contact the Xbox support team and check.

You may refer the following link to post your query on Xbox forum.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Xbox App will not launch.

Xbox app closes on launch

Hi Cheri,

To understand the issue better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Has any new software or hardware been added recently?
    • Did you also change any settings prior to this issue?
    • Is there any error message?
    • For the Xbox app issue, have you also tried the suggestions posted by Syed Md Bilal in this
      thread? Quite a few people found it helpful.

Looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Xbox App will not launch.

1. Xbox App will not launch. - Similar Threads - Xbox App launch

2. Xbox App Crashes on Launch, October 2018 Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox App Crashes on Launch, October 2018 Update: I am running the October 2018 Update on my Surface Book. Every time I try to launch the Xbox app, it opens to show the splash screen, then immediately closes/crashes. I have tried a variety of troubleshooting techniques, including doing a complete Refresh of my PC without...
  3. App not launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App not launching: Dear Sir / Madam, I have this week bought a Surface Pro in Dubai. I launched the Calculator, Camera app and some other in-built apps but only the frame appears and then it disappears. Using ctrl+alt+del does not even show the app opened. I have done all updates...
  4. App won’t launch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App won’t launch.: I downloaded the Windwso version 1809 2 days ago. Then I download Halo Wars 2 from the Microsoft store yesterday. Now when I try to launch it”Halo” pops up for 1 sec then crashes. I’m having the same Issue with MSI Kombuster. Reinstalling did nothing. Please help 119264
  5. App won’t launch.

in Windows 10 Support
    App won’t launch.: I downloaded the Windwso version 1809 2 days ago. Then I download Halo Wars 2 from the Microsoft store yesterday. Now when I try to launch it”Halo” pops up for 1 sec then crashes. I’m having the same Issue with MSI Kombuster. Reinstalling did nothing. Please help 119264
  6. Problem launching apps

Problem launching apps: Split from this thread. Right after this last update almost all of my default APPs do not work. Blacked out and won't open. Get an error that I should wait a minute while MS upgrades this APP. It has been 3 days and I can not open anything. I run the troubleshooter and it...
  7. Since Anniversary Update Kindle and Xbox Smartglass app won't launch

Since Anniversary Update Kindle and Xbox Smartglass app won't launch: Since anniversary update I noticed these 2 apps Kindle and Xbox Smartglass were greyed out in start menu. When I tried to launch them I get 'This app can't open, check windows store for more info'. I uninstalled them both successfully and then went to store to install them...
  8. No "Modern" Apps Launching

No "Modern" Apps Launching: I'm running build 9879, and there's a pretty big issue. Whenever I try to launch any "Modern" app, the icon appears in the taskbar, and the loading screen appears for a flash of a second, then disappears. The icon stays, and when I try to click the icon it flashes again but...
  9. Apps minimize on Launch

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps minimize on Launch: This has been a bug for a while and build 9926 has it as well for me in a VM. Even feedback app does it. You launch the app and it minmizes within a few seconds. Anyone else? Tim 3904
  10. Xbox Avatars app launches for Windows 10 Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox Avatars app launches for Windows 10 Technical Preview: [img] Microsoft is continuing to deploy revamped universal Windows app for its upcoming Windows 10 OS. Today, the Avatars app is now available to let you customize and manipulate your Xbox gamer avatar. The app itself is around 35 MB is ready to be used in Windows 10...