Windows 10: Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices

Discus and support Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices How to Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices

How to: Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices

How to Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

To see your favorites and reading list from Microsoft Edge on all your Windows PC and phone devices that you sign in with the same Microsoft account, you can turn on sync your content in Microsoft Edge.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to sync favorites, reading list, top sites, and other settings in Microsoft Edge across your Windows 10 devices using your Microsoft account.

*note To be able to sync your favorites, reading list, top sites, and other settings in Microsoft Edge, you will need to have sync settings turned on for your Microsoft account.

*note Once you turn on sync in Microsoft Edge, wait a bit for the content to sync for the first time. If it still doesnt sync, make sure syncing is turned on in Settings as well as in Microsoft Edge on your PC.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Sync Settings in Microsoft Edge Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Sync Settings in Microsoft Edge using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Sync Settings in Microsoft Edge Settings
    1. Open Microsoft Edge.

2. Click/tap on the Settings and more (Alt+X) button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices [​IMG]

2. Click/tap on General on the left side, turn on (default) or off Sync your Microsoft Edge favorites, reading list, top sites, and other settings across your devices for what you want under Account on the right side. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Sync Settings in Microsoft Edge using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD values in the registry key locations below.

Code:
    SyncSettings DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

Code:
    ChangeUnitGenerationNeeded DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Sync Settings in Microsoft Edge
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_Sync_Favorites_and_Reading_List_in_Microsoft_Edge.reg

Download
    3. To Turn Off Sync Settings in Microsoft Edge
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_Sync_Favorites_and_Reading_List_in_Microsoft_Edge.reg

Download

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 5, 2017

2. edge sync

Hello,

Syncing your Microsoft Edge favorites, reading list, and other data between Windows 10 devices including Windows Phone is by signing in with the same Microsoft account on each device. If this isn't syncing, make sure that the
    Sync settings on your Windows 10 device is turned on as well as in the Microsoft Edge PC and mobile.

To turn on syncing in Windows Settings on your PC:

• Select the Start button and select Settings.

• Select Accounts > Sync your settings and turn on
      Sync settings.

To turn on syncing in Microsoft Edge on your PC:

• Select More > Settings.

• Turn on Sync.

On your Windows 10 Mobile, launch Microsoft Edge, then go to Settings, and scroll down and tap the
    Sync your content switch to On.

Then, you may need to restart Edge on one or both devices/machines to force the syncing process.

Update us with the outcome.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    How to preserve Edge Passwords prior to reformat and clean install?

If you are not already using it to sign in to Windows, switch to a Microsoft account (tutorial).

Final step is to check that sync is turned on in Edge (tutorial).

That's it. All Edge favorites, stored passwords, reading list and so on will be synced to your Microsoft account, and as soon as you sign in to any other Windows 10 device or your old machine after clean install and turn on syncing in Windows Settings and Edge, everything will be there.

4. Lerianis Win User

Microsoft Edge Favorites Sync Unable to be turned on

Okay, I did not see a thread for this so please do not ban me if there is one:

I am having a problem with Microsoft Edge. I am trying to turn on the Sync Your Content setting in Windows 10 Pro to sync my favorites and reading list.
    The problem is that it has that red script below it saying "To Sync, turn on Windows syncing in Settings"
    I have already clicked on the settings shortcut below that and gone to the settings and everything is turned on in the Sync settings. I have nothing turned off there.

I have tried going to the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SettingSync\Groups and everything is turned on there as far as I can tell.

Does anyone have a fix for this issue? This is my second computer so I would not be too flussed if I never got this fixed but just in case the issue appears on the computer of one of my relatives/friends I would like to know how to fix it.

Lerianis, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Arnie Est Win User
    How do I sync Microsoft Edge Favourites?

Hi Jonathan,

About your concern, you can sync the Microsoft Edge Favorites by following the steps below:

• Sign in with the same Microsoft account on both devices.
    • Turn on sync settings on the phone, go to Settings > Accounts >
      Sync your settings and turn on
      Sync settings.
    • Turn on sync settings on Microsoft Edge on your PC, select More (...) >
      Settings > turn on Sync.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Arnie Est, Oct 26, 2019
  6. How to sync Microsoft Edge settings?

Hello Marie, hope this message finds you well.

I suppose you didn’t turn on the option ‘sync your Microsoft Edge favorites, reading list top sites and other settings across your devices’ in the Microsoft Edge settings. Try the following one by one, please.

A: Troubleshoot the Edge sync issues in Windows 10:

1. Follow the link to the support article to find ‘To turn on syncing in Microsoft Edge on your PC’

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402673...

2. Go to the Windows Search bar to type in ‘Task Manager’ then click on Enter.

3. Click on the Processes tab and search for ‘Host Process for Settings Synchronization’.

4. Choose the process and tap on End task.

5. Restart your PC.

B: Please follow the link to the support article on Run Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F2...

____

Steve

Steve Merik, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices - Similar Threads - Turn Off Sync

2. How to enable and Sync Microsoft Edge Tabs across Devices

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable and Sync Microsoft Edge Tabs across Devices: [ATTACH]If you use Microsoft Edge on your PC and your smartphone, with Tab sync […] This article How to enable and Sync Microsoft Edge Tabs across Devices first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Syncing settings across devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing settings across devices: Hi, I've got a Surface Pro 7 and a Surface Laptop 3 and I'm trying to sync my settings across both but it says "Sync is not available on your account". Both devices are running Windows 10 Pro and I have them signed into a work account. Does anyone know what the issue is?...
  4. Windows 10 Sync Settings across devices

Windows 10 Sync Settings across devices: So, this issue has been around FOREVER. I have spent several hours online with Microsoft Answer Techs and they don't seem to be able to come up with a fix for this issue. Let me get a couple of answers to questions that I know will be asked out of the way up front. Things I...
  5. Windows 10 Clipboard: Sync across other devices settings randomly turn off after i reboot

Windows 10 Clipboard: Sync across other devices settings randomly turn off after i reboot: I have 2 computers set to sync clipboard text with the settings set to on and I wake up the next day and turn on the computers and my text isn't sync'ing. I go to settings on both computers and the setting is turned off on one of the computers. It is not always the same...
  6. Windows 10 won't sync settings across devices.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 won't sync settings across devices.: Hey everyone! So my Windows 10 laptop and Windows 10 PC won't sync settings even though they're both set to do so? Please help, I have looked everywhere *Sad Thanks 129627
  7. Windows 10 won't sync settings across devices.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't sync settings across devices.: Hey everyone! So my Windows 10 laptop and Windows 10 PC won't sync settings even though they're both set to do so? Please help, I have looked everywhere *Sad Thanks 129627
  8. Windows syncing across devices even though its turned off in accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows syncing across devices even though its turned off in accounts: By of my pc's are running 1803 latest CU and my problem is that even with sync set to off on both devices windows continues syncing. My desktop icons are more comprehensive than on my tablet and it becomes littered with them. If I delete one it simultaneously disappears from...
  9. Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things again and...
  10. Turn On or Off Sync Settings for Microsoft Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Sync Settings for Microsoft Account in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Sync Settings for Microsoft Account in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Sync Your Settings in Windows 10 When Microsoft account. Notes Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account linked to your Microsoft account. If...