Windows 10: Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file

Discus and support Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file How to Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file Outlook 2016... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file

How to: Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file

How to Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file

Outlook 2016 lets you focus on whats important with a clear view of email, calendars, and contacts.

If you have already exported your Outlook email, contacts, and calendar from another instance of Outlook, you can import them to Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Office for business, Office 365 Small Business, Outlook Web App for Office 365, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, Outlook on the web for Office 365 Business, Outlook on the web for Exchange Server 2016.

There are several reasons why you might want to import Outlook items from an Outlook Data File (.pst).
    • You want to move Outlook items from one email account to another email account
    • You want to move Outlook items from one PC to another PC
    • You want to move Outlook items from PC to Mac or Mac to PC
    What data is imported?

.Pst files are created when you export or back up email, contacts, and calendar to an Outlook .pst file. Outlook makes a copy of your email to the .pst file.
    • When Outlook exports emails to a .pst file, it includes any attachments. So, when you import a .pst file, you'll see your attachments.
    • Outlook does not export meta-data such as folder properties ( views, permissions, and AutoArchive settings); message rules; and blocked senders lists. So, they won't be imported, either.
    • When Outlook exports email, contacts, and calendar info to a .pst, it makes a copy of the information. Nothing is deleted from Outlook. You'll still see and have access to your email, contacts, and calendar in Outlook.
    This tutorial will show you how to import your Outlook email, contacts, and calendar items from a .pst file to Office 365, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2007.

*tip Fix problems importing an Outlook .pst file - Office Support

Here's How:

1. Open Outlook.

2. Click/tap on the File tab at the top left of the Outlook ribbon (Outlook 2016). (see screenshot below)

*note If your ribbon doesn't have a File option in the top left corner, you aren't using an Outlook app installed on your computer. See What version of Outlook do I have? to find your version of Outlook and to get to right import steps.

Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file [​IMG]

3. Click/tap on Open & Export on the left side, and click/tap on Import/Export on the right side. (see screenshot below)

4. Select Import from another program or file, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

5. Select Outlook Data File (.pst), and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

6. Perform the following actions: (see screenshot below)
    A) Click/tap on Browse.

B) Navigate to and select the .pst file you want to import, and click/tap on Open.

C) Select (dot) Replace duplicates with items imported, Allow duplicate items to be created, or Do not import duplicate items to choose how you want to deal with emails and contacts.

D) Click/tap on Next.

7. If a password was assigned to the Outlook Data File (.pst), enter the password, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

8. Perform the action below for what you want to do, and click/tap on Finish. (see screenshots below)
    A) If you're importing the contents of your .pst file into your Office 365 mailbox, choose that mailbox here.

OR

B) If you're NOT importing into your Office 365 mailbox, choose Import items into the current folder. This imports the data into the folder currently selected.

9. Outlook starts importing the contents of your .pst file immediately. When the progress box disappears, the import is finished.

*note If you're importing your .pst file to your Office 365 mailbox, you may see a message that it's trying to connect with Office 365. This happens when the Internet connection is interrupted, even for a moment. Once your Internet connection is re-established, Outlook will continue importing the .pst file.

*tip If you want to retrieve only a few emails or contacts from an Outlook Data File (.pst), you can open the Outlook Data File, and then, in the navigation pane, drag and drop the emails and contacts from .pst file to your existing Outlook folders.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 11, 2017
  2. dalchina Win User

How to save Outlook settings as well as email, calendar and contacts?

Export or backup email, contacts, and calendar to an Outlook .pst file - Office Support
    says
    Outlook does not export meta-data such as folder properties (views, permissions, and AutoArchive settings); message rules; and blocked senders lists.

There are 3rd party tools too- commercial mostly- Mailstore Home is free, but there's no feature description I can find quickly. I have used it in the past, but not for Outlook.

dalchina, Oct 27, 2019
  3. simrick Win User
    simrick, Oct 27, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Oct 27, 2019
  5. NEURO2015 Win User

I'm convinced Kari used some kind of sorcery to find it. I never saw that MS page while doing my research for this upgrade. Like I mentioned, it's easy to go down a thousand rabbit holes on the MS support site and walk away with nothing useful. It also led me to this page, which is useful:
    Import and export Outlook email, contacts, and calendar - Office Support

I'm a bit annoyed at MS, because they seem to deliberately avoid including O2007 in a lot of their support docs regarding upgrading to 365, although it's still very widely used. A lot of their Office upgrade docs reach back to O2010, then stop.

NEURO2015, Oct 27, 2019
  6. NEURO2015 Win User

Thanks for this tutorial. But please tell me this will also work for Outlook 2007. I'm wanting to make the jump from Office2007 to an Office365 subscription, but can't find any reliable how-to information or confirmation that I can import all the thousands of emails, contacts, calendar appointments, etc. from 2007 to 365.

NEURO2015, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file - Similar Threads - Import Outlook Email

2. outlook pst file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook pst file: hi the file working fine on my pc, and was on my tablet till few hours ago, i tried put the pst file on my usb to save space as kept getting one drive was nearly full, but outlook would not open when i try to go back keep getting this message popping up, gone as it says into...
  3. outlook pst file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook pst file: hi the file working fine on my pc, and was on my tablet till few hours ago, i tried put the pst file on my usb to save space as kept getting one drive was nearly full, but outlook would not open when i try to go back keep getting this message popping up, gone as it says into...
  4. Email Field is empty on contacts imported from Yahoo! to Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Field is empty on contacts imported from Yahoo! to Outlook: After exporting all my contacts in Yahoo!, into a single file, the contacts' names appear in both Outlook and MS People, but the email address field is blank for 99 percent of the entries.Not sure which extension I used. Does that matter?Is this a random failure, and just try...
  5. Email Field is empty on contacts imported from Yahoo! to Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Field is empty on contacts imported from Yahoo! to Outlook: After exporting all my contacts in Yahoo!, into a single file, the contacts' names appear in both Outlook and MS People, but the email address field is blank for 99 percent of the entries.Not sure which extension I used. Does that matter?Is this a random failure, and just try...
  6. Importing email contacts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Importing email contacts: Hello, thank you for inviting me on to the forums. I have a new pc with Windows 10, Edge and 365. I wish to cope the email addresses from my onl pc which has pop 3 using Windows Live I have successfully exported tem on to a memory stick. when I follow the online istruction...
  7. Import Outlook .pst files into O365 Outlook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Import Outlook .pst files into O365 Outlook: Hi all, I have just updated my W8.1 to W10 and discovered that the Mail app in W10 cannot import outlook .pst files or contacts, My old version of W8.1 is gone and I no longer have access to Outlook, all i have is the backup .pst files If I go down the path of buying O365...
  8. Outlook pst files

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook pst files: This is weird I am trying to copy the pst from my main computer it is roughly 4GB in size to a USB stick to import it to my new laptop. I have 43GB of empty space on my stick yet I get the error message that the pst file is to big for my stick. Now that is weird can anyone...
  9. Importing Calendar and Contacts from Outlook 2016 to Windows 10 Mail

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Importing Calendar and Contacts from Outlook 2016 to Windows 10 Mail: I have Outlook 2016 installed as part of Office on my Windows 10 computer and would like to import the 2016 contacts and calendar to the Windows 10 Mail app. I have searched to web for instructions for doing so but have not found an answer. I intend to use the Mail app on a...
  10. Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file: How to: Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file How to Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file Outlook 2016 lets you focus on whats important with a clear view of email, calendars, and contacts. You can export your email,...