Windows 10: Find Windows Defender Antivirus Version in Windows 10

Discus and support Find Windows Defender Antivirus Version in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Find Windows Defender Antivirus Version in Windows 10 How to Find Windows Defender Antivirus Version in Windows 10 Windows Defender... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Heickel Riezqi, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Find Windows Defender Antivirus Version in Windows 10

How to: Find Windows Defender Antivirus Version in Windows 10

How to Find Windows Defender Antivirus Version in Windows 10

Windows Defender Antivirus.

While Windows Defender Antivirus is automatically updated via Windows Update by default in Windows 10, you may want to check what version of Windows Defender Antivirus is currently installed.

This tutorial will show you how to find the version number for the currently installed Windows Defender Antivirus, scanning engine, and antivirus and spyware definitions (security intelligence) in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1 Open Windows Security.

2 Click/tap on Settings (gear icon) in the left pane of Windows Security, and click/tap on the About link in the right pane. (see screenshot below)

Find Windows Defender Antivirus Version in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3 You will now see the Antimalware Client Version (Windows Defender Antivirus), Engine Version (Scanning Engine), Antivirus Version (virus definitions), and Antispyware Version (spyware definitions). (see screenshot below)

Find Windows Defender Antivirus Version in Windows 10 [​IMG]

4 When finished, you can close Windows Security if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Heickel Riezqi, Jul 24, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  3. What the hell, windows defender?

https://www.av-test.org/en/antiviru...-2017/microsoft-windows-defender-4.12-174847/

28 False Positives in last 2 tests

John Naylor, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Find Windows Defender Antivirus Version in Windows 10

Decent free antivirus?

Oh and just in case its for an older O/S

this little nugget of goodness
    Still not on Windows 10? Fine, sighs Microsoft, here are its antivirus tools for Windows 7, 8.1
    Redmond extends ATP to older builds, adds third-party links

dorsetknob, Oct 27, 2019
  5. "Attestation" A new feature coming to Windows Defender in Windows 10

Tech Republic - Upcoming Windows Defender feature will tell you when security fails
    This seems very promising. Microsoft is in the unique position to know what Windows should look like, even before Windows Update pushes out new changes. As long as MS can properly sync WD with WU changes AND this new features does not make any "noticeable" hit on system performance/resources, all without any false positives, this should be a big step forward for consumer security, and a blow to the bad guys - always a good thing.

Of course, there will likely be some hiccups the Windows/Microsoft/Windows Defender bashers will surely pounce on - regardless how extensive the Beta process is. But hopefully open and unbiased minds will prevail. After all, the goal is to stop the bad guys and if this gets us closer to that, that's a very good thing.

For more detailed information, see Introducing Windows Defender System Guard runtime attestation)

Bill_Bright, Oct 27, 2019
  6. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Find Windows Defender Antivirus Version in Windows 10

1. Find Windows Defender Antivirus Version in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Find Defender Antivirus

2. Windows Defender Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus: I uninstalled my antivirus software which is mcafee live safe and Windows defender antivirus did not become active automatically. I can't find a way to re enable it. [ATTACH]...
  3. Windows Defender and Antivirus

Windows Defender and Antivirus: Most of the users do not want to use paid Antivirus software and use Windows Defender Antivirus. But some do have trust on Microsoft Defender and use paid anti-virus software.But what is your response? Comment below....
  4. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: hi, in my windows defender security center's virus and threat protection it says "Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". How can i change it....
  5. Windows Defender Antivirus

Windows Defender Antivirus: Why are you updating Windows Defender Antivirus every day for the last 22 days, from ‎4/‎20/‎2019 to 5/8/2019? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-antivirus/3471fa10-fc30-46a4-941a-3566abd3f628
  6. Windows defender antivirus

Windows defender antivirus: I have been writing programs on my computer system for years and after the last windows 10 update the defender destroys the program. It's driving me crazy. The program I write is written with Swiftforth and every time I compile the program after its destruction and try to...
  7. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: my pc windows defender antivirus suddenly stoppped. i tried to turn it on or even restarting but its denying .its always displaying a "out of date" message .i am trying to update it but no progress...
  8. window defender antivirus

window defender antivirus: I can't view details on the history tab (items that were detected as potentially harmful) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/window-defender-antivirus/1f6e3e3c-45c1-4a89-8dab-fca0ee01e65c
  9. Windows Defender Antivirus

Windows Defender Antivirus: The scan found a trojan virus and to remove it is asking for my password which I enter and it doesnot accept https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/windows-defender-antivirus/ced9f7a5-7bb6-44fe-8b92-20909e49f6ea
  10. Windows 10 AntiVirus & Windows Defender

Windows 10 AntiVirus & Windows Defender: I've upgraded to Windows 10 and noticed my AntiVirus and Firewall was removed. My question is do I need to install another AntiVirus & Firewall or is Windows Defender up to the job? The AV & Firewall I had on was ZoneAlarm 18810