Windows 10: Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10

Discus and support Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10 How to Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10 Starting with activity history allows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10

How to: Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10

How to Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10

Starting with activity history allows you to jump back into what you were doing with apps, docs, or other activities, either on your PC or your phone. To resume your activities, Windows needs to collect your PC activity.

Activity history in Windows 10 helps keep track of the things you do on your device. Activity history keeps track of the apps and services you use, the files you open, and the websites you browseand when you do these things. Your activity history is collected and stored locally on your device, and if you've signed into your device with a Microsoft account and given your permission, Windows sends your activity history to Microsoft. Once your activity history has been collected, Microsoft uses that data to enable cross-device experiences, to provide you with personalized experiences and relevant suggestions, and to help improve Microsoft products.

Activity history is also created and sent to Microsoft when you use Microsoft apps, such as Microsoft Edge, and Office apps like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, on mobile devices such as iOS and Android phones and tablets. If you are signed-in with your Microsoft account, you can continue activities on your Windows device that you started in Microsoft apps on your Android or iOS device.

Timeline is now available in Windows 10 starting with build 17063. In Timeline, a user activity is the combination of a specific app and a specific piece of content you were working on at a specific time. Each activity links right back to a webpage, document, article, playlist, or task, saving you time when you want to resume that activity later.

In addition to resuming past activities through Timeline, your personal digital assistant Cortana will suggest activities you might want to pick up where you left off (resume) to help you stay productive as you switch between your phone, laptop, and other Cortana-enabled devices. This experience is powered by the same activities that appear in Timeline.

Starting with Let Windows sync my activities from this PC to the cloud in the settings app, or you can enable it via an option provided at the bottom of Timeline. Until you turn on syncing your activities to the cloud, Timeline will only show up to 4 days of your activities. Once turned on, timeline will show up to 30 days of your activities.

See also: Windows 10 activity history and your privacy - Microsoft privacy

This tutorial will show you how to clear an activity or group of activities in your timeline for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Clear Your Activity History from the Cloud
    • Option Two: To Clear All Activities from a Day in your Timeline
    • Option Three: To Clear All Activities from an Hour of a Day in your Timeline
    • Option Four: To Clear an Activity in your Timeline

OPTION ONE [/i] To Clear Your Activity History from the Cloud
    1. For how, see: How to Clear Your Activity History from Cloud in Windows 10

OPTION TWO [/i] To Clear All Activities from a Day in your Timeline
    1. Click/tap on the Task View button on the taskbar. (see screenshot below)

Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10 [​IMG]

2. Right click or press and hold on any activity from a day (ex: "June 20") you want to clear all your activities from, and click/tap on Clear all from month/day. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Clear All Activities from an Hour of a Day in your Timeline

2. Click/tap on the See all ## activities link next to the day (ex: "June 20") you want to clear all your activities from an hour for this day. (see screenshot below)

2. Right click or press and hold on any activity from an hour (ex: "1:00:00 PM") you want to clear all your activities from, and click/tap on Clear all from hour. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Clear an Activity in your Timeline

2. Right click or press and hold on the activity you want to remove from a day or hour in your timeline, and click/tap on Remove. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 25, 2018

2. Timeline Activity not showing up

The timeline activity just won't show up on the timeline window. I always get "Use your PC more for activities."

I have enabled the settings required for timeline in Privacy > Activity History:

Let Windows collect my activities

Let Windows Sync my activities

Show activities from accounts

I also tried using regedit to add these variables in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

• EnableActivityFeed
    • PublishUserActivities
    • UploadUserActivities
    All the variables are set to 1, and are DWORD values. (as stated in this article http://www.thewindowsclub.com/timeline-feature-not-working-windows), to no effect.

Any more troubleshooting steps I can go through?

HiranmayaGundu, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    New Official Web Activities Chrome Extension for Windows 10 Timeline

Source: Web Activities - Chrome Web Store

See also: Inspired by Insiders - Timeline - Windows Insider

Tip How to Turn On or Off Collect Activities in Windows 10

How to Open and Use Timeline in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Timeline in Microsoft Launcher app on Android Phone

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

New Official Web Activities Chrome Extension for Windows 10 Timeline

Source: Web Activities - Chrome Web Store

See also: Inspired by Insiders - Timeline - Windows Insider

Tip How to Turn On or Off Collect Activities in Windows 10

How to Open and Use Timeline in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Timeline in Microsoft Launcher app on Android Phone

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Timeline keeps vanishing

Hello Janae, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

You can use Cortana to review your activities history – the feature Timeline offers.

To troubleshoot your problem with Timeline I recommend that you clear the Activity History. To do it, follow the steps below:

Click on ‘Windows key + I’ and open Settings

Go to Privacy - Activity history

Press ‘Clear’ under ‘Clear activity history’

Press ‘Manage my Microsoft Account activity data’

Sign in using your Microsoft account if it is asked

Press ‘Activity history’

You will see your previous activities under ‘Activity history’

You will see an option ‘Clear activity’ on the right top of the activities list

Be notified, if you clear the app and service usage data, you will never recover or restore them. Do, be careful and read the terms.

Restart your system.

Best regards,

Alexander B.

Alexander Bertnikov, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Jeffrey57 Win User
    Windows 10 Timeline Activity

Windows 10 Version 1803 Build 17134.112.

I am having an issue with Windows 10 timeline. Deleted activity but it just greyed it out with no way of removing it. I
    have disabled Timeline and have cleared all Activity History but it remains. The only way to not see the file, is to turn off
    Show Activities from Accounts. Any suggestions would be helpful in removing greyed out file.

Jeffrey57, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Clear Activities Timeline

2. Can't clear item from timeline

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't clear item from timeline: I played an mp3 file from external hard disk and then removed the hdd. Everytime I open the timeline , I see one mp3 file that I cannot delete. Restarting the computer was of no help.. How can I fix this problem?...
  3. Clearing Timeline Doesn't Appear in Windows 10 Home 2004

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clearing Timeline Doesn't Appear in Windows 10 Home 2004: I Want To Clear My Windows Timeline. Previously I used to Get a Clear Button, but now its Not There. Please Provide me A Solution to This. [ATTACH] Below, here you can see Clear Activity History has no Button...
  4. Can't Clear Activities in Timeline in Task View

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't Clear Activities in Timeline in Task View: I am trying to clear the activities from my Timeline in Task View. If I click on remove for one item or all for a specific dates some activities are removed and others remain in a silhouette/transparent form and then I simply cannot remove them. I also see that the "Clear"...
  5. windows 10 timeline activitys showing as light grey it will remove or clear activites

windows 10 timeline activitys showing as light grey it will remove or clear activites: Hi my name is Donnie Horne I recently did some web searching then went to the timeline and when I clicked remove it made it light grey and unable to be cleared if anyone has a fix for this or the same problem please let me know thank you....
  6. timeline activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    timeline activity: when history is cleared, ghost images of files are visible on display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timeline-activity/3e2f30ed-a0d5-4ae1-9a24-48282a65fc1a"
  7. Clear timeline activity history - not working . . .

Clear timeline activity history - not working . . .: Some activities are grayed-out and won't clear. What does it even mean for an activity to be grayed-out? Some activities are NOT grayed-out but still won't clear. While on the subject, I want to request finer control over WHAT appears on the time-line. If I have marked a...
  8. Unable to clear timeline activity history - Windows 10

Unable to clear timeline activity history - Windows 10: When I point my cursor at the top of the screen I can remove some of the activities, all in fact for except for one day's activities which are darken and won't delete. Your advice on whats happing Thanks...
  9. Windows 10 Timeline: no 'see all activities' option in timeline...

Windows 10 Timeline: no 'see all activities' option in timeline...: As per subject, I don't have the option to "See all activities" next to the date in timeline. Anyone know what gives here?...
  10. Windows 10 Timeline Activity

Windows 10 Timeline Activity: Windows 10 Version 1803 Build 17134.112. I am having an issue with Windows 10 timeline. Deleted activity but it just greyed it out with no way of removing it. I have disabled Timeline and have cleared all Activity History but it remains. The only way to not see the file,...