Windows 10: Add or Remove Child Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Child Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Child Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Child Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 23, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Child Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Child Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Child Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10

A child's location, limit which websites and games they can access, and require your approval to purchase from the Microsoft Store.

Once you set up your family group, you can add or remove child and adult members.

Once they accept the invitation, you can do things like schedule events on your family calendar, receive activity reports (child), and set screen time limits (child).

If the person you're adding is already part of another family, they'll first need to be removed from that family.

To remove a member from your Microsoft family, you must have an adult account.

Adults in the family can manage family settings online, and changes will be applied to any Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 Mobile device, and Xbox One devices, and Android devices running Microsoft Launcher the child signs in to with the same Microsoft account.

You must be an adult in the family to be able to add another adult to your family group.

If your PC is joined to a domain, family features might not be available. Check with your system admin.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to add or remove a child member for your Microsoft family group online and in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add a Child Member to your Family Group in Settings
    • Option Two: Add a Child Member to your Family Group at Microsoft Family Online
    • Option Three: Remove a Child Member from your Family Group at Microsoft Family Online
    • Option Four: Remove Yourself as a Child Member from your Family Group at Microsoft Family Online
    EXAMPLE: Microsoft Store | Your Family, Connected

OPTION ONE [/i] Add a Child Member to your Family Group in Settings
    If the child you want to add already has a local account on your PC, then you will need to switch the local account to a Microsoft account first.

1 As an adult in the family, open Settings in Windows 10, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

2 Click/tap on Family & other users on the left side, and click/tap on Add a family member under Your family on the right side. (see screenshot below)

Add or Remove Child Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3 Select (dot) Add a child, type in their Microsoft account email address to send the invite to, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

If the child doesn't have a Microsoft account, then click/tap on the The person I want to add doesn't have an email address link to create a Microsoft account for them.

4 Click/tap on Confirm. (see screenshot below)

5 The invitation to join your family group has now been sent. Click/tap on Close. (see screenshot below)

6 The added child will need to click/tap on Join in the sent email or notification, and click/tap on Join the family at the Microsoft Family website. (see screenshots below)
    This invitation will expire in 14 days if not accepted by then.

7 Whenever the child accepts the family invitation, the child, you (adult), and all other adults in your family group will get a notification in Windows 10 and an email notification. (see screenshots below)

8 Adults in the family can manage family settings for any child in the family group.

OPTION TWO [/i] Add a Child Member to your Family Group at Microsoft Family Online
    If the child you want to add already has a local account on your PC, then you will need to switch the local account to a Microsoft account first.

1 As an adult in the family, go to the Microsoft Family website, and sign in with your Microsoft account if not already.

2 If you haven't already set up your family group, click/tap on the Create a family group button, and go to step 4. (see screenshot below)

3 Click/tap on the Add a family member link. (see screenshot below)

4 Select (dot) Child, type in their Microsoft account email address to send the invite to, enter the characters, and click/tap on Send invite. (see screenshot below)

5 Click/tap on Done. (see screenshot below)

6 The added child will need to click/tap on Join in the sent email or notification, and click/tap on Join the family at the Microsoft Family website. (see screenshots below)
    This invitation will expire in 14 days if not accepted by then.

7 Whenever the child accepts the family invitation, the child, you (adult), and all other adults in your family group will get a notification in Windows 10 and an email notification. (see screenshots below)

8 Adults in the family can manage family settings for any child in the family group.

OPTION THREE [/i] Remove a Child Member from your Family Group at Microsoft Family Online
    1 Do step 2 or step 3 below for how you would like to manage your family settings online.

2 As an adult in the family, go to the Microsoft Family website, and sign in with your Microsoft account if not already, and go to step 4 below.

3 Open Settings in Windows 10, click/tap on the Accounts icon, click/tap on Family & other users on the left side, click/tap on the Manage family settings online link, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

4 Click/tap on Remove from family group in the More options drop down menu under the child you want to remove from your family group. (see screenshot below)

5 Click/tap on Remove to confirm. (see screenshot below)

6 The child you removed, you (adult), and all other adults in your family group will get a notification in Windows 10 and an email notification. (see screenshots below)

OPTION FOUR [/i] Remove Yourself as a Child Member from your Family Group at Microsoft Family Online
    1 As an adult in the family, go to the Microsoft Family website, and sign in with your Microsoft account if not already.

2 Click/tap on the Leave family group link under your child account. (see screenshot below)

3 Click/tap on Remove to confirm. (see screenshot below)

4 You (child) and all other adults in the family group will get a notification in Windows 10 and an email notification. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 23, 2017
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Shawn Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Add or Remove Child Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10

Microsoft family features - child profile not working properly

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the family features are not working properly on the child account.

• When you say, “I removed the profile, and had him login again”, did you remove the account from the family or from the PC?

Regarding the app issue: Since you receive the message to look for an app from store while accessing the link to fix the child account issue. I suggest you to follow the steps to
    re-register the apps.

1. Press and hold the Windows key + X.
    2. Select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    3. Type the command and hit Enter on the keyboard: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Restart the PC.

In addition, you can also try removing the child account from family and adding it again to the family. Refer the article

Remove members from your family group and
    Add members to your family group.

Regarding the email address on the login page:
    Do you see verify option under accounts in settings?

If you are able to see the verify option under accounts in settings page, I suggest you to try verifying the account and check if that helps.

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Your info.
    2. Under the Email address click on
      Verify.
    3. Enter the code, which will be sent to your
      email address or mobile number.
    4. Click on Next to verify the account.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Unable to remove child account from Family

I am also having the same issue I am not able to remove the childs account I followed the steps and after doing so I received this message in error (
    Select Manage my child’s profile info, find your child, then select
    Remove consent for this child’s account. Then, try removing this member again).
    I'm completely lost I cant find where im given the option to do so (remove consent)

daddyzgirl, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Noor_Azam Win User
    Something went wrong message when my child clicks join family link in the email.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is the Child account a Microsoft account?

The issue might be due to the age verification, hence I suggest you to verify the child’s age by logging in with child’s account on
    account.microsoft.com/family and verify the age.

I also suggest you to refer the article
    Add members to your family group to get more information on adding members to your family account.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Add or Remove Child Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10

1. Add or Remove Child Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Child

2. Can't remove family members from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove family members from family group: Hey all,I'm the organizer for my family group. I'm trying to remove one of the members of the family group, and it tells me "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for [Member] can remove this...
  3. family group child member cannot join

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family group child member cannot join: Hello,My childs account was removed and added to another family group account which no one has access to anymore. How can I have his account re-joined. I can login to my account and his but he cannot leave the other family group account....
  4. family group child member cannot join

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    family group child member cannot join: Hello,My childs account was removed and added to another family group account which no one has access to anymore. How can I have his account re-joined. I can login to my account and his but he cannot leave the other family group account....
  5. family group child member cannot join

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  6. Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?

Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?: Hi there,So I've added my wife as a family member so she can use my pc, but since she is not that computer literate I've added her as a member and not as orginiser. By doing that, she has received the email saying that I would like her to join my family as a child. After you...
  7. I want to add member to family group in windows 10

I want to add member to family group in windows 10: How I can add my family person in family group in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-add-member-to-family-group-in-windows-10/19068599-b198-4607-a6df-2ddd72aebc6f
  8. Add members to Microsoft Family

Add members to Microsoft Family: Good Day, I need help, I just wanna ask if how ca I have a microsoft Family member? * Moved from Community Participation Center ***Modified title from: Microsoft Family***...
  9. Microsoft family - can't add child to group

Microsoft family - can't add child to group: I am trying to set up a Family Group and add one child, but when it gives the option for my child to sign in and accept the invitation I get a message saying 'You can't join this group until you leave the group you are already in'. I have set up my child with an outlook...
  10. Add or Remove Adult Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Adult Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Adult Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Adult Member for Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10 One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family features and...