Windows 10: How to Install and Uninstall Notepad in Windows 10

Discus and support How to Install and Uninstall Notepad in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: How to Install and Uninstall Notepad in Windows 10 How to Install and Uninstall Notepad in Windows 10 Notepad is a simple text editor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

How to Install and Uninstall Notepad in Windows 10

How to: How to Install and Uninstall Notepad in Windows 10

Notepad is a simple text editor included in Windows and a basic text-editing program which enables computer users to create documents.

Starting with automatically available via the store to allow Microsoft the flexibility to respond to issues and feedback outside the bounds of Windows 10 releases.

The new Notepad app will still be included in Windows 10 by default, but can now be uninstalled if wanted.

This tutorial will show you how to install and uninstall the Notepad app for your account in Windows 10.

Contents

EXAMPLE: Notepad

How to Install and Uninstall Notepad in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Uninstall Notepad in Settings
    1 Open Settings, and click/tap on the Apps icon.

2 Click/tap on App & features on the left side, click/tap on Notepad on the right side, and click/tap on the Uninstall button. (see screenshot below)

3 Click/tap on Uninstall to confirm. (see screenshot below)

4 You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Uninstall Notepad in Command Prompt
    1 Open a command prompt.

2 Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    powershell -command "Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.WindowsNotepad* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    3 You can now close the command prompt if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] Uninstall Notepad in PowerShell
    1 Open PowerShell.

2 Copy and paste the command below into the PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.WindowsNotepad* | Remove-AppxPackage
    3 You can now close the PowerShell if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] Install Notepad from Microsoft Store
    1 Go to the Windows Notepad download page in the Microsoft Store app.

2 Click/tap on Get or Install. (see screenshots below)

3 When Notepad has finished installing, you can Launch (open) it if you like. (see screenshot below)

4 You can now close the Microsoft Store app if you like.

That's,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 1, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 27, 2019
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused How to Install and Uninstall Notepad in Windows 10 :confused:

oli_ramsay, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Oct 27, 2019
  5. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. How to Install and Uninstall Notepad in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Install Uninstall Notepad

2. Windows 11 Uninstalling; How to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Uninstalling; How to install: So around 2 weeks ago, I was messing around with Voicemod and was downloading soundboard things from the Voicemod website. Around 2/3 startups later, I try booting it up. Nothing would happen for a solid 10 minutes, but ~10 mins later, it brings up BIOS and I don't know what...
  3. How to reinstall Notepad for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall Notepad for Windows 10?: Hello, I recently encountered a problem with Notepad. The problem I encountered was that the Notepad app wouldn't open, so I went into the Optional features setting and uninstalled the app. I then proceeded to reinstall the app again, but upon clicking the install button, I...
  4. How to reinstall Notepad for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall Notepad for Windows 10?: Hello, I recently encountered a problem with Notepad. The problem I encountered was that the Notepad app wouldn't open, so I went into the Optional features setting and uninstalled the app. I then proceeded to reinstall the app again, but upon clicking the install button, I...
  5. How to uninstall and re-install MDAC on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to uninstall and re-install MDAC on windows 10?: Receiving the error to check if MDAC 2.1 or later is properly installed--was advised to uninstall and reinstall --is there a tutorial on how to do so?thank youBillWilliams70806...
  6. How to replace Notepad with Notepad++ in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to replace Notepad with Notepad++ in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Notepad is the default text editor found in Windows computers. Every .txt file is configured to open directly in the Notepad. It has paved the way for text editors over quite some time now, in which period we have seen some very promising competitors of Notepad. One...
  7. How to install new windows notepad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to install new windows notepad: [ATTACH] Is there any way to install the new windows notepad available in the windows store in version 2004 (19041.423)? The install button is not available....
  8. Install windows notepad on Windows 10 Pro

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Install windows notepad on Windows 10 Pro: The windows notepad is not installed on my new Windows 10 Pro client. Using Windows Store to install it, it states you need minimum Windows 10 version 19541.0 or higher. I've updated my windows to the latest version by Windows Update -> Windows 10 Pro 19041.388. The...
  9. How to Uninstall or Reinstall Notepad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Uninstall or Reinstall Notepad in Windows 10: [ATTACH]After being a default app for almost 30 years, Notepad is now an optional feature in your Windows PC. Notepad is the simple text editor […] This article How to Uninstall or Reinstall Notepad in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Notepad, Windows Insider Program Microsoft Notepad got uninstalled after Windows 10 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Notepad, Windows Insider Program Microsoft Notepad got uninstalled after Windows 10 20H2 update: I request your help: my Microsoft Notepad got uninstalled don't know how after the Windows 20H2 update today. I am in the Slow Ring of the Windows Insider Program WIP, and installed the 20H2 update that came today. I tried to open a text file later, it asked me to select the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 notepad