Windows 10: Create Storage Spaces Shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Storage Spaces Shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Storage Spaces Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create Storage Spaces Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Create Storage Spaces Shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Create Storage Spaces Shortcut in Windows 10

How to Create Storage Spaces Shortcut in Windows 10

Create Storage Spaces Shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information add more drives to the storage pool.

This tutorial will show you how to download or create a Storage Spaces shortcut to manage storage spaces in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Storage Spaces

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download a Storage Spaces Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    Storage_Spaces_shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file..

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Manually Create a Storage Spaces Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %WinDir%\explorer.exe shell:::{F942C606-0914-47AB-BE56-1321B8035096}

3. Type Storage Spaces for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
    NOTE: You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. Right click or press and hold on the new Storage Spaces shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.

5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)

6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %SystemRoot%\system32\SpaceControl.dll

7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)
    NOTE: You could use any icon that you would like instead though.

8. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

9. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 25, 2016
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Creating storage spaces using 2 drives

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to create storage spaces on your workstation using two drivers.

I would suggest you to refer the section Should I create a simple, mirror, or parity space? in the article

Storage Spaces in Windows 10
    . Also, for more information you can refer the article

Virtualizing storage for scale, resiliency, and efficiency

However, as the query is related to creating storage spaces on workstation, I would suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    , where they provide dedicated support and information on creating storage spaces on the PC.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 26, 2019
  4. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

5. How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Unable to create shortcuts in Windows 10

Hi Terry,

Provide us with additional information to assist you further:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Does this issue confined to create a shortcut for any specific application?

As a workaround, I suggest you to try creating shortcuts in Safe mode with networking and check if it helps.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.

• Type msconfig
      and press Enter.

• In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.

• Select Start-up selection
      as Normal startup, click on Apply and
      Ok

• Follow onscreen instructions.

Reply to the post with the required information and brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Create Storage Spaces Shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Storage Spaces

2. my Storage Spaces icon is a shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Storage Spaces icon is a shortcut: Is it correct that my Storage Spaces is a shortcut? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-storage-spaces-icon-is-a-shortcut/790af47c-e248-4b01-baa9-4c2187e13def
  3. my Storage Spaces icon is a shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my Storage Spaces icon is a shortcut: Is it correct that my Storage Spaces is a shortcut? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-storage-spaces-icon-is-a-shortcut/790af47c-e248-4b01-baa9-4c2187e13def
  4. Creating New Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating New Storage Spaces: Hi all,So I am trying to create a new storage space, as my internal disk space is low. I was intending on using an external drive but wasn't too sure what was needed. When I looked on the support section for this option, it said even a USB drive should work but, for some...
  5. Creating New Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating New Storage Spaces: Hi all,So I am trying to create a new storage space, as my internal disk space is low. I was intending on using an external drive but wasn't too sure what was needed. When I looked on the support section for this option, it said even a USB drive should work but, for some...
  6. Creating New Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10: [ATTACH]With Storage Spaces, you can group two or more drives together in a storage […] This article How to Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces: Dear all, I have connected two USB storage drives, each one of them is 16 GB. I tried to create a new virtual pool but it did not work out. I thought the size is not enough and it may need extra storage spaces. I connected 64 GB then opened the storage space but I am still...
  9. Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10: How to: Create Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 How to Create a Storage Space for Storage Pool in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. This tutorial will show you how to create a storage space for a storage pool in Windows...
  10. Create a New Pool and Storage Space in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create a New Pool and Storage Space in Windows 10: How to: Create a New Pool and Storage Space in Windows 10 How to Create a New Pool and Storage Space in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. You can create a simple, mirror (two-way or three-way), or parity storage space: Simple...