Windows 10: Add or Remove Submit Button in Search Box in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Submit Button in Search Box in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Submit Button in Search Box in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Submit Button in Search Box in Windows 10 Searching from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Submit Button in Search Box in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Submit Button in Search Box in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Submit Button in Search Box in Windows 10

Searching from your taskbar makes it easier for you to search the web and Windows.

Starting with Windows 10 build 14946, you can add or remove a submit button to the right of the search box.

This tutorial will how you how to add or remove a submit button to the right of the search box for your account in Windows 10.

Add or Remove Submit Button in Search Box in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Note The downloadable .bat files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search\Flighting\0\ShowSubmitButtonRightOfSearchBox

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search\Flighting\1\ShowSubmitButtonRightOfSearchBox

Value DWORD

0 = Remove
    1 = Add

EXAMPLE: Add or Remove submit button right of search box

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. Add Submit Button to Right of Search Box
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Submit_Button_Right_Of_Search_Box.bat

Download

3. Remove Submit Button from Right of Cortana Search Box
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Submit_Button_Right_Of_Search_Box.bat

Download
    4. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5. Unblock the .bat file.

6. Run the .bat file.

7. You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly open and close as explorer is restarted to apply the registry changes.

8. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 6, 2016

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Joe Men Win User
    Lumia search button

Hello,
    w10mlumia640

Thank you for posting your query to Microsoft Community. I understand that you would like to suggest some features to the Windows 10 Mobile Operating System, and you would also like to change the default search engine of the Edge browser.

You can submit your feature requests using the
    Feedback Hub
    app. Help us make Windows better by submitting your feedback about Windows and apps by sharing your suggestions or concerns.

To change the default search engine of the Edge browser, follow the steps below:

• Launch the Edge browser.
    • Tap on the ellipsis button (...) to open the context menu.
    • Tap on Settings.
    • Tap on the View advance settings button.
    • Tap on the Change search engine button.
    Hope this helps.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Mark this post helpful if this answers your query.

Joe Men, Oct 26, 2019
  4. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Oct 26, 2019
  5. JohnHeinz Win User
    Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Oct 26, 2019
  6. XeoNoX Win User
    Looking for Website search engine submitting program

I just made a website and was looking for a good program that would submit my website to most of the major search engines.

If someone could please list some FREE ones as well as pay ones it would be nice. Thanks

XeoNoX, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Submit Button in Search Box in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Submit

2. start button, search box not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button, search box not working: Hi Everyone,I'm on windows 10 and my start button and search bar doesn't work and my settings doesn't work aswellI've tried the following:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ubyQRnPpEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13X0gjTjd4gYouTubeIf you know what the problem is please reply...
  3. start button, search box not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start button, search box not working: Hi Everyone,I'm on windows 10 and my start button and search bar doesn't work and my settings doesn't work aswellI've tried the following:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ubyQRnPpEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13X0gjTjd4gYouTubeIf you know what the problem is please reply...
  4. start button, search box not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My submit button malfuncions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My submit button malfuncions: Whenever I try to click submit on something it always asks me if I would like to leave the page without submitting it. I can't find the correct button to make it work....
  6. Windows 10 start button and search box not seize intermittently

in Cortana
    Windows 10 start button and search box not seize intermittently: Hello, I have received a replaced laptop with Windows 10 64-Bit and the same issues i reported on the first new system that necessitated the replacement still occur on the new system. The Start Button and the Search box on the task bar became locked. When I mouse over the...
  7. Add or Remove Back Button in Common Dialog Box in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Back Button in Common Dialog Box in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Back Button in Common Dialog Box in Windows How to Add or Remove Back Button in Common Dialog Box in Windows The common open file dialog box is the window that opens when you click/tap on File (menu bar) in a program (ex: Registry Editor), and...
  8. Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Search Box Placeholder Text in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Search Box Placeholder Text in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Search Box Placeholder Text in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Search Box Placeholder Text in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It...
  9. Add or Remove Search Index Locations in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Search Index Locations in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Search Index Locations in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Locations for Search Index in Windows 10 By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want indexed. The index uses the Windows Search service and runs as the...
  10. Add or Remove Search Glyph in Search Box in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Search Glyph in Search Box in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Search Glyph in Search Box in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Search Glyph in Search Box in Windows 10 Searching from your taskbar makes it easier for you to search the web and Windows. Starting with Windows 10 build 14946, you can add or remove...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Remove Submit Button in Search Box