Windows 10: Add or Remove New Folder Context Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove New Folder Context Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove New Folder Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove New Folder Context Menu in Windows 10 A folder is a location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Add or Remove New Folder Context Menu in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove New Folder Context Menu in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove New Folder Context Menu in Windows 10

A folder is a location where you can store your files. You can create any number of folders and even store folders inside other folders (subfolders).

By default, you can use the create a new folder.

This tutorial will show you how to add a direct New folder context menu for all users to directly create a new folder in Windows 10.

This can be handy to streamline creating a new folder by being one click faster than using the New context menu.

*note While you must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add or remove this context menu, all users will be able to use the context menu if added.

EXAMPLE: New folder context menu

*note The New folder context menu (if added) will be available when you right click on the Desktop, or right click on the background of a folder or drive in File Explorer.

Add or Remove New Folder Context Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add New Folder Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_New_Folder_context_menu.reg

Download

3. To Remove New Folder Context Menu
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_New_Folder_context_menu.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 18, 2018

2. How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Shawn Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Remove Play with Windows Media Player Context Menu in Windows 10  

Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Step 1. Open with > choose another app

Step 2, click More apps

Step 3. scroll down to the bottom of the list to find Look for another app on this PC

Step 4. browse and find Windows Media Player wmplayer.exe then click Open

5. Problem with New Context Menu

The option to add a new Rich Text File seems to have disappeared from my Context Menu and I'm not sure why.

I'm not computer savvy, but after a bit of Googling I read how you can add and delete options from the New Context Menu though the Registry Editor. When I went to check it the .rtf folder under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT still has it's ShellNew folder so I'm not
    sure what the issue is or if perhaps there's something wrong with it. I also found a tool to easily enable/disable file types on the New Context Menu, and .rtf is listed along with everything else and checked off as "enabled" but for some reason is not showing
    up, even after I tried disabling and enabling it a couple of times. This is extremely frustrating as that's the file type I use the most.

Any suggestions as to what the problem is or how to fix it?

MadeOfKittens, Oct 27, 2019
  6. BC66 Win User
    Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10  

is there i can add and remove the lists on desktop context menu? Right click on desktop shows the context menu for me to add or remove the list
    thanks

Thema:

1. Add or Remove New Folder Context Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Folder

2. Add or Remove Create a New Video context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Create a New Video context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Create a New Video context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Create a New Video context menu in Windows 10 The Photos UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app is included by default in Windows 10. While the Photos app is set as the default app...
  3. Add or Remove Open in New Tab context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Open in New Tab context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Open in New Tab context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Open in New Tab context menu in Windows 10 Microsoft had Windows Insiders as a controlled study. The concept behind Sets is to make sure that everything related to your task: relevant...
  4. Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Mount context menu allows you to mount ISO, IMG, VHD, and VHDX files as a virtual drive. This tutorial will show you how to add or...
  5. Add or Remove Open in New Window context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Open in New Window context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Open in New Window context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Open in New Window context menu in Windows 10 While you browse in File Explorer, you can open each drive, folder, and library in the same window or in its own new window. By...
  6. Open in New Process context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open in New Process context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Open in New Process context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Open in New Process context menu in Windows 10 By default, all File Explorer windows, including the desktop shell, run in a single explorer.exe process. If one File Explorer...
  7. Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove the New context menu in Windows 10 The New context menu allows users to quickly create new files, folders, or shortcuts in the current location. You can right click or press and hold on your...
  8. Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to Bluetooth device, Compressed (zipped)...
  9. Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10 The Open with context menu allows users to choose an app to open a file with. This tutorial will show how to add or remove the Open with context menu...
  10. Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10 The New context menu allows users to quickly create a new item in the current location. The default New context menu items include to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove new folder context menu item