Windows 10: Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts

Discus and support Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts How to Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ����ACTIVESUPPORTER����, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts

How to: Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts

How to Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10

For improved security and a more seamless sign-in experience, you can now enable passwordless sign-in for Microsoft accounts on your Windows 10 device starting with Windows 10 build 18936.

Enabling passwordless sign-in will switch all PIN.

Enabling passwordless sign-in will remove the password and picture password sign-in options for all Microsoft accounts on the sign-in screen and in Accounts > Sign-in options > Settings.

Starting with Safe mode, so that you no longer have rely on your password when troubleshooting your device.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable passwordless sign-in to only allow Windows Hello sign-in for all Microsoft accounts on your Windows 10 device.

You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable passwordless sign-in for all Microsoft accounts on the computer.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts in Settings
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Allow or Deny Windows and Apps Access to Microphone for All Users in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

2. Click/tap on Sign-in options on the left side, and turn On (default) or Off Make your device passwordless for what you want on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\PasswordLess\Device

DevicePasswordLessBuildVersion DWORD

0 = Off
    2 = On

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_PasswordLess_sign-in_for_Microsoft_accounts.reg

Download

3. To Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_PasswordLess_sign-in_for_Microsoft_accounts.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

����ACTIVESUPPORTER����, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Advancing Windows 10 as a passwordless platform

Source: https://www.microsoft.com/security/b...less-platform/

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Advancing Windows 10 as a passwordless platform

Source: https://www.microsoft.com/security/b...less-platform/

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Teokute Win User

Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Oct 27, 2019
  5. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
Thema:

Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts

1. Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Passwordless

2. Remote Desktop with Microsoft account passwordless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop with Microsoft account passwordless: I can't make the Remote Desktop works with my Microsoft account. It seems it does not work with Accounts that have passwordless option ON. Could you please confirm this information?...
  3. Sign in to other network computers with a passwordless account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in to other network computers with a passwordless account: I have a new computer that prompted me to use passwordless sign-in for my Windows account. That works fine with Windows Hello on that computer. The problem is that when I try to view shared files and folders on that computer from another network computer, I get prompted by...
  4. Sign in to other network computers with a passwordless account

Sign in to other network computers with a passwordless account: I have a new computer that prompted me to use passwordless sign-in for my Windows account. That works fine with Windows Hello on that computer. The problem is that when I try to view shared files and folders on that computer from another network computer, I get prompted by...
  5. How to enable or disable Passwordless sign-in only in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Passwordless sign-in only in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Windows 11 allows both password-based and password-less sign-in. The password-less option is selected by default. If you wish to learn to enable or disable passwordless sign-in only in Windows 11, then please read through this article for the procedure. How to enable...
  6. Passwordless Account!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Passwordless Account!!!: Hello.On September 17, I read the news that it is possible to disable the password entry when entering the account, replacing it with a confirmation from the phone. The feature is called "Passwordless account". I followed the link in my account on the page to enable this...
  7. Passwordless Account!!!

Passwordless Account!!!: Hello.On September 17, I read the news that it is possible to disable the password entry when entering the account, replacing it with a confirmation from the phone. The feature is called "Passwordless account". I followed the link in my account on the page to enable this...
  8. Passwordless sign-in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Passwordless sign-in: I've tried Microsoft's much vaunted pass wordless sign-in feature and it did nothing for me. I still have to sign into Windows with my code, so what's the point? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/passwordless-sign-in/a2187f4d-fe7e-4b39-bb95-f020a6053bb2
  9. Outlook account and MS Authenticator - Disable Passwordless?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Outlook account and MS Authenticator - Disable Passwordless?: I was testing my Outlook email account with MS Authenticator app and when I enter my Username in the Outlook.com page, after that, I get a notification to Deny or Approve the sign in request. This is all great. But I do need to have the option to enter my password as well...
  10. How to disable the "passwordless mode" for Microsoft accounts that are linked to the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable the "passwordless mode" for Microsoft accounts that are linked to the...: I can login in my mail just by accepting the notification in my phone and after that confirming my fingerprint/PIN, I don't even need to type a password. I want to disable this to add extra security, how can I do this? I can't add this MS account by scanning the QR code...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn_on_passwordless_sign-in_for_microsoft_accounts.reg

2. Adding a passwordless phone number Microsoft account to Windows

3. enable passwordless live