Windows 10: Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10 How to Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps help you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 17, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10

How to: Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10

How to Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10

The Mail and Calendar apps help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts. Supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts.

Starting with the Mail app version 16.0.11231.20082 and higher, you can customize how new messages will look with a new default font feature. If you create a new mail or reply to an existing mail, the text you type will be in the font face, size, color and emphasis you have selected.

Default font applies per-account and does not roam to other devices.

This tutorial will show you how to change the default font in the Mail app for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open the Mail app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings (gear) button, and click/tap on Default Font in the Settings flyout. (see screenshot below)

Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. If you have more than one email account added to the Mail app, then either select an account to apply this setting to or check Apply to all accounts. (see screenshot below)

4. Customize the font face, size, color and emphasis to how you want to use by default, and click/tap on Save.

*note Reset will restore these font settings back to default like below.

Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Brink, May 17, 2018
  2. TedSark Win User

change default font in Window 10 Mail App

Can anyone explain how to change the default font in Windows 10 Mail app? The drop down menu allows for a font change in a single email. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to change the default.

TedSark, Oct 27, 2019
  3. jwaand Win User
    Changing Default Font in Windows Mail

Interesting reply. I am afraid Microsoft is going backwards, this is not an improvement at all. Windows live mail is miles a head of this pathetic mail app. This Mail app might be just sufficient for hand held tablet or phone. Why not bring back Windows Live
    Mail which is an excellent program? Please do not tell me that this is an improvement. I would say it is just just a gimmick.

I understand that you can change the font for each email; However, this is really unacceptable and a step backwards. I totally agree with the comment that Windows Live Mail was greatly superior to the pitiful Windows 10 Mail App. Microsoft has consistently
    reduced capabilities with each new Mail program, Windows Live Mail was a step down from Outlook 6 (not Outlook Office) where you could easily add a MIDI to your email. If anyone knows of a program that comes close to WLM I would be interested.

jwaand, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10

Changing Default Font in Windows Mail

Interesting reply. I am afraid Microsoft is going backwards, this is not an improvement at all. Windows live mail is miles a head of this pathetic mail app. This Mail app might be just sufficient for hand held tablet or phone. Why not bring back Windows Live
    Mail which is an excellent program? Please do not tell me that this is an improvement. I would say it is just just a gimmick.

I understand that you can change the font for each email; However, this is really unacceptable and a step backwards. I totally agree with the comment that Windows Live Mail was greatly superior to the pitiful Windows 10 Mail App. Microsoft has consistently
    reduced capabilities with each new Mail program, Windows Live Mail was a step down from Outlook 6 (not Outlook Office) where you could easily add a MIDI to your email. If anyone knows of a program that comes close to WLM I would be interested.

It's true, you can permanently change the font on your new emails but if you are replying to someone it again reverts to the tiny Calibri 11pt font. Is there a workaround for this or do I have to reset the font each time I reply to an email?

Brian.

BrianToldme, Oct 27, 2019
  5. How to change font size in Windows 10 and set them to default?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As your concern is about changing the font size, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you referring to font size in Windows operating system/ with in the Windows Live Mail?
    • Have you installed any fonts on your device?

If you are referring to font size in Windows operating system, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Steps to restore the default font settings.

• Press Windows key, type font and select
      Change Font Settings
    • Click on Restore default font settings.
    • Sign-out from the current user account and re-sign in and check if it helps.

Step 2: Change the font settings

• Press Windows key, type font and select View fonts installed.
    • Click on Change font size in the left pane.
    • Under Change the text only, click on the drop down arrow choose the appropriate option and change the size you wish to and click on
      Apply.

If you are referring to Windows Live Mail, I would like to inform that it is by design you cannot change the font settings to default on Windows Live Mail. Instead, you can choose appropriate font size and fonts while typing the mail.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Argel Obm Win User
    Cannot change the default font style in Mail for Windows

Like what we have mentioned in our first reply, the font format that you've chosen will become active until you send the email. If you will compose a new email, the font format will return to the default settings. This is the design of the Mail app. If you
    want the Mail app to have a setting that will allow you to change the default font format of your emails, we suggest that you submit a feedback using the Feedback Hub app. The steps on how to use the Feedback Hub can be found in our last reply.

Should you have further queries, feel free to reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10

1. Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Default Font

2. UNABLE TO SET DEFAULT FONT IN WINDOWS 10 MAIL APP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNABLE TO SET DEFAULT FONT IN WINDOWS 10 MAIL APP: Greetings,Before I state what my problem is let me first state what it isn't: I do NOT need directions/instructions on how to change the default font in the Windows 10 Mail App. I already know the procedure. I repeat - I already know how to go about making this change.Now...
  3. Default Message Font in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Message Font in Windows 10 Mail app: Because of my small screen (10.2") I set the default font for the mail app (using Window 10 Home v. 1903, completely up-to-date as of July 30) at 12-point. However, when I start to prepare a new mail message, it always goes back to 11-point, EVEN THOUGH THE DEFAULT FONT...
  4. Change Windows 10 Mail app default font size

Change Windows 10 Mail app default font size: Why ( Windows 10 Mail App) is the default mail font Calibri 10 and not 12? Every other MS product uses Calibri 10 and my emails look very small and hard to read The alternative is to change each email to Calibri 12, or larger but that is so time consuming and very...
  5. Can't change default font and size in Microsoft 10 mail app

Can't change default font and size in Microsoft 10 mail app: I can't find a way to change the default font and size in Microsoft 10 mail app. I know how to change the font type and size after I open a new mail. I'd like to change the default font type and size once for all my future emails. That too hard for the coders to...
  6. How to change the default font in the Windows 10 Mail app

How to change the default font in the Windows 10 Mail app: Good afternoon. Since upgrading my work PC I have been unable to change the default font setting when using the built in Mail app, I am stuck using calibri at font size 11 which does not match any of my pre-prepared notes. It's a minor inconvenience to have to change the...
  7. Change default font size in Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Change default font size in Mail: May have been asked before..but any solution? Thanks 94510
  8. Change default font size in Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Change default font size in Mail app: I've looked and looked and cannot find a way to change default font and size in the mail app. Is there a way or registry hack or what??? 41961
  9. Anyone know how to change default font in 'Mail' app?

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone know how to change default font in 'Mail' app?: It appears that the Mail app wants to show all messages in nasty 'Times New Roman' or similar. Does anyone know how to change default font that the Mail app uses? I can't find anything in the settings at all. Edit: I should make it clear that I am talking about the font...
  10. change default font in Window 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    change default font in Window 10 Mail App: Can anyone explain how to change the default font in Windows 10 Mail app? The drop down menu allows for a font change in a single email. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to change the default. 34216