Windows 10: Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps in Window 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps in Window 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps in Window 10 How to Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps in Windows 10 The Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps in Window 10

How to: Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps in Window 10

How to Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps in Windows 10

The Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607 introduced a new privacy option in Settings to let apps on your other devices open apps and continue experiences on this device. This new option improves the synchronization between apps installed on your different devices to help improve the user experience.

Starting with Windows 10 build 15002, this setting was moved to its own page a new entry under Settings > System, called Shared experiences, and a new dropdown was added to allow you to switch between My Devices or Everyone. If youre interested in learning more about experiences an example experience that app developers can create with this, check out this blog post.

This feature will need to be turned on for each device that you want to share apps across.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off sharing apps across devices for your account in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to turn on or off "Let apps on my other devices open apps and continue experiences on this device".

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Shared experiences on the left side, and do step 3 (on) or step 4 (off) below for what you would like to do.

3. To Turn On Share Across Devices for Apps
    A) Turn on Let me open apps on other devices, send messages between them, and invite others to use apps with me on the right side under Share across devices. (see screenshot below)

B) In the I can share or receive from drop down, select My devices only or Everyone for what you want, and go to step 5 below.

Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps in Window 10 [​IMG]

4. To Turn Off Share Across Devices for Apps
    A) Turn off Let me open apps on other devices, send messages between them, and invite others to use apps with me on the right side under Share across devices, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps in Window 10 [​IMG]

5. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps using a REG file in build 15002 and newer

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD values in the registry keys below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CDP
    CdpSessionUserAuthzPolicy DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On (My devices only)
    2 = On (Everyone nearby)

NearShareChannelUserAuthzPolicy DWORD

0 = Off and On

RomeSdkChannelUserAuthzPolicy DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On (My devices only)
    2 = On (Everyone nearby)
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CDP\SettingsPage
    RomeSdkChannelUserAuthzPolicy DWORD

1 = On (My devices only)
    2 = On (Everyone)
    1. Do step 2 (on - My devices only), step 2 (on - Everyone), or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Share Across Devices for Apps from My devices only
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Turn_on_share_apps_across_devices_from_my_devices_only.reg

Download

3. To Turn On Share Across Devices for Apps from Everyone
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Turn_on_share_apps_across_devices_from_everyone.reg

Download

4. To Turn Off Share Across Devices for Apps

Turn_off_share_apps_across_devices.reg

Download
    5. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

6. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

7. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

8. sign in to apply.

9. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 20, 2017
  2. Marc Cai Win User

Shared Experiences???? NO OTHER DEVICES AND WONT TURN OFF...

thanks for updating us, Mike.

Well, the steps that we've provided is for us to turn OFF the Shared Experiences feature. Upon disabling the said feature, we're expecting that its notification will also be disabled.

Here is another method that you can try:

• Go to Settings.
    • On its search tab, type Notifications, and click the suggestion for
      Notifications and action settings
    • Under it, turn OFF the following and observe:

- Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows

- Get notifications from apps and other sender (options)
    By the way. Was the
    Microsoft Account Troubleshooter able to
    bring anything in hand?

Marc Cai, Oct 26, 2019
  3. lorraine walsh, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps in Window 10

windows 10 VERY slow when trying to open Devices & Printers?

Although I appreciate your offer for suggestions as you can see by the post dates, this thread is a bit long in the tooth. The issue was resolved with one of the updated builds of windows 10. Although in my opinion it's still not as fast as Windows 7, it's nowhere near as slow as it was in summer 2016 when I posted this issue.

Thread issue resolved

jboydgolfer, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Karen Her Win User
    turning on file and printer sharing windows 10

Thank you for the update. What we can suggest now is to turn on File and Printer sharing in Command Prompt. Here are the steps to do it:

• Leave File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks turned
      on.
    • Type CMD in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
    • Type netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=Yes, and hit
      Enter.
    • Exit from the command prompt, and check if it will work.

If issue persists, try turning it on using Powershell, and check if it works. Here are the steps:

• Leave File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks turned
      on.
    • Type Powershell in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell, and select
      Run as Administrator
    • Type netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=Yes, and hit
      Enter.
    • Close PowerShell.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps in Window 10

1. Turn On or Off Share Across Devices for Apps in Window 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Share

2. Sharing across devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing across devices: Until last month, my desktop PC happily shared with my laptop, and my Windows explorer displayed the up to date information on screen from input into either machine.Suddenly that has stopped, and I cannot remember how I set it up in the first place.Can anyone help me with...
  3. Shared screen time across devices?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Shared screen time across devices?: Hi! I have two kids with both laptops running Windows 10, smartphones and tablets both running the Microsoft Launcher. I want to give my kids 1,5 h. screen time each day, SHARED across devices and not depending on what app or software is used. I have configured the time...
  4. Share across devices setting turns itself on.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share across devices setting turns itself on.: Settings > System > Shared Experiences > Share across devices That "Share across devices" toggle will not stay off. It enables itself every reboot, probably just since 14 JAN cumulative update. Any ideas why? Windows 10 x64 LTSC 1809 (17763.973 edit: and now up to...
  5. Share across devices setting turns itself on.

in Windows 10 Support
    Share across devices setting turns itself on.: Settings > System > Shared Experiences > Share across devices That "Share across devices" toggle will not stay off. It enables itself every reboot, probably just since 14 JAN cumulative update. Any ideas why? Windows 10 x64 LTSC 1809 (17763.973) 149176
  6. Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things again and...
  7. Turn On or Off App Suggestions in Share flyout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Suggestions in Share flyout in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off App Suggestions in Share flyout in Windows 10 [img] Information The Windows sharing experience in Windows 10 allows you to share web pages in Microsoft Edge from installed UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps such as Mail, Twitter, OneNote, Cortana...
  8. Turn On or Off Near Share in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Near Share in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Nearby Sharing in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Nearby Sharing in Windows 10 Microsoft introduced a new Near Share feature starting with Windows 10 build 17035. Near Share was renamed to Nearby sharing in Windows 10 April 2018 Update version...
  9. Turn On or Off Apps to Share from in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Apps to Share from in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Apps to Share from in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Specific Apps to Share from in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build 15007 released on January 12th 2017. [img] Information In...
  10. Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices: How to: Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices How to Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WHAT IS BEST ON OR OFF SHARE ACROSS DEVICES FOR APPS IN WINDOW 10