Windows 10: Add Console lock display off timeout to Power Options in Windows 10

Discus and support Add Console lock display off timeout to Power Options in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add Console lock display off timeout to Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Console lock display off timeout" from Power Options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add Console lock display off timeout to Power Options in Windows 10

How to: Add Console lock display off timeout to Power Options in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove "Console lock display off timeout" from Power Options in Windows 10

locks the computer before timing out and automatically turning off the display.

The Console lock display off timeout setting is not shown in Power Options by default.

This will only affect the lock screen that is displayed when a user locks the computer (Win+L).

The Console lock display off timeout setting is set to 1 minute by default for all power plans.

Any changes to the Console lock display off timeout setting will affect all users on the PC that use the same power plan.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Console lock display off timeout setting under Display in Power Options for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add or remove this setting in Power Options.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add or Remove "Console lock display off timeout" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    • Option Two: Add or Remove "Console lock display off timeout" in Power Options using REG file

EXAMPLE: "Console lock display off timeout" in Power Options

Add Console lock display off timeout to Power Options in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Add or Remove "Console lock display off timeout" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Type the command below you want to use into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter.
    (Add)
    powercfg -attributes SUB_VIDEO 8EC4B3A5-6868-48c2-BE75-4F3044BE88A7 -ATTRIB_HIDE

OR

(Remove - default)
    powercfg -attributes SUB_VIDEO 8EC4B3A5-6868-48c2-BE75-4F3044BE88A7 +ATTRIB_HIDE
    3. You can now close the elevated command prompt if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Add or Remove "Console lock display off timeout" in Power Options using REG file

*note The downloaded .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99\8EC4B3A5-6868-48c2-BE75-4F3044BE88A7

Attributes DWORD

1 = Remove
    2 = Add

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Console lock display off timeout" to Power Options
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Console_lock_display_off_timeout.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Console lock display off timeout" from Power Options
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Console_lock_display_off_timeout.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 5, 2016

2. Unable to change windows 10 timeout

Unable to change windows 10 timeout

I have tried all options suggested like;

• changing lock setting in Persoanlize-lock screen-screen save settings- change wait value (doesnt hold value, whatever I set comes back to 2).
    • Changed registry to enable Power Options-Sleep-Sytem unattended sleep timeout , changed it to 60 min
    • Changed registry to enable Power Options-Display-Console lock display off timeout , changed it to 60 min
    • System file checker tool didnt find any correct/missing files "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us"
    None of the options work, after 2 minutes my computer locks. Is there any way out of this nightmare or should I switch to older windows?

B Prakash 0626, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10

It won't send you to the lock screen when the timeout has been reached.

Console lock display off timeout is the amount of minutes Windows will wait idle with no activity while on the lock screen when a user locks the computer before timing out and automatically turning off the display.

You might see if these below may be turning off the display instead.

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. y2raza Win User

Console Lock Display Dff Timeout not working on 10

I have added the Console Lock Display off time out to the advanced power options. However; the display does not turn off after locking the desktop. The only solution i could find in Windows 8 was to reset the user security policies , but i cannot find that option in Windows 10. Any help is much appreciated.

y2raza, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Windowsfree, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10

@Brink I don't think your phrasing is actually what you mean? You can't change computer settings from the lock screen as far as I know. This tutorial is about changing the amount of time it takes for the computer to timeout to "console lock display off," which is set to 1 minute by default and which sends me to the lock screen. I know the lock screen is also accessible by pressing Win+L but this tutorial is certainly not meant to be applied while I am on the lock screen.

I have made sure my display isn't turning off for any other reason (screen saver, sleep, etc), and gone through and completed the steps in this tutorial, including the registry edit that places the console lock display off option in advanced power settings. Changing the numbers to any value in this menu has no impact on how long the computer takes to lock & turn off the display after no action - it is still about 2 minutes. Could there be another computer setting causing it to lock up'?

EDIT: I have a second monitor attached by HDMI, which appears to be the cause of the timeout. When I detach the monitor the computer does not lock up.

win10noob0010, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Add Console lock display off timeout to Power Options in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Console lock

2. How to remove One minute console display off timeout.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove One minute console display off timeout.: How to remove One minute console display off timeout. The option to change the SettingMinutes can not be changed. Googling for a fix is frustrating because none of the fixes work....
  3. How to remove One minute console display off timeout.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove One minute console display off timeout.: How to remove One minute console display off timeout. The option to change the SettingMinutes can not be changed. Googling for a fix is frustrating because none of the fixes work....
  4. Simple Display and Console Lock Timeout Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Simple Display and Console Lock Timeout Question: Windows 10 19041, but I don't think the build number makes any differenceI would like to have the following behaviour for screen off and console lock to be:1. Screen OFF after 10 minutes idle and not just black/blank screen with screensaver that leaves the monitor powered...
  5. Windows 10 2004 console lock monitor display off broken for me

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 2004 console lock monitor display off broken for me: I just updated to Windows 10 Pro 2004, now when I lock my computer with Windows + L, lock screen comes up, typically within 60 secs my monitors turn off/timeout automatically, but now they don't and I can't figure it out. I did a clean reset of Windows. I have tried...
  6. Console Lock Display Dff Timeout not working on 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Console Lock Display Dff Timeout not working on 10: I have added the Console Lock Display off time out to the advanced power options. However; the display does not turn off after locking the desktop. The only solution i could find in Windows 8 was to reset the user security policies , but i cannot find that option in Windows...
  7. Add Hub Selective Suspend Timeout to Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Hub Selective Suspend Timeout to Power Options in Windows: How to: Add Hub Selective Suspend Timeout to Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove USB "Hub Selective Suspend Timeout" from Power Options in Windows The USB Hub Selective Suspend Timeout setting in Power Options allows users to specify the idle timeouts in...
  8. Add or Remove 'Turn off Display after' in Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove 'Turn off Display after' in Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove 'Turn off Display after' in Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove 'Turn off Display after' from Power Options in Windows The Power Options let's users specify how long the PC is inactive before all connected displays are turned off...
  9. Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10: How to: Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10 How to Change "Console lock display off timeout" in Windows 10 Console lock display off timeout is the amount of minutes Windows will wait idle with no activity while on the lock screen when a user locks the...
  10. Add System unattended sleep timeout to Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add System unattended sleep timeout to Power Options in Windows: How to: Add System unattended sleep timeout to Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "System unattended sleep timeout" from Power Options in Windows The System unattended sleep timeout power setting is the idle timeout before the system returns to a low power...