Windows 10: Add Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10

Discus and support Add Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10 How to Add a Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10 A wireless (Wi-Fi) connect to a wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10

How to: Add Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10

How to Add a Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10

A wireless (Wi-Fi) connect to a wireless network.

When you connect to a new wireless network, Windows will automatically create and add a profile for the wireless network.

Sometimes you may need or want to add a wireless network profile without connecting to it right now so you can connect to the wireless network later when able.

This tutorial will show you how to manually add a wireless network profile to be able to connect to later in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add a Wireless Network Profile in Settings
    • Option Two: Add a Wireless Network Profile in Network and Sharing Center

OPTION ONE [/i] Add a Wireless Network Profile in Settings
    1. Open the Settings app, and click/tap on the Network & Internet icon.

2. Click/tap on Wi-Fi in the left pane, and click/tap on the Manage known networks link under Wi-Fi on the right side. (see screenshot below)

Add Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Click/tap on Add a new network. (see screenshot below)

4. Perform the following actions below, and click/tap on Save when finished. (see screenshot below)
    • Enter the wireless Network name (SSID) you want to add.
    • Select the Security type used for this wireless network.
    • Enter the Security key (password) for this wireless network.
    • Check or uncheck Connect automatically for what you want to set for this wireless network when it's within range.
    • Check or uncheck Connect even if this network is not broadcasting its SSID for what you want for this wireless network. You would want to check this box if this is a hidden wireless network.

5. This wireless network profile (ex: "Brink-Router") will now be added and available to connect to for all users on the PC. (see screenshot below)

6. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Add a Wireless Network Profile in Network and Sharing Center
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Network and Sharing Center icon.

2. In the Network and Sharing Center, click/tap on the Set up a new connection or network link. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Manually connect to a wireless network, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

4. Perform the following actions below, and click/tap on Next when finished. (see screenshot below)
    • Enter the wireless Network name (SSID) you want to add.
    • Select the Security type used for this wireless network.
    • Enter the Security key (password) for this wireless network.
    • Check or uncheck Start this connection automatically for what you want to set for this wireless network when it's within range.
    • Check or uncheck Connect even if this network is not broadcasting its SSID for what you want for this wireless network. You would want to check this box if this is a hidden wireless network.

5. This wireless network profile (ex: "Brink-Router") will now be added and available to connect to for all users on the PC. Click/tap on Close. (see screenshot below)

6. You can now close the Network and Sharing Center if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 16, 2017

2. connecting a wireless wifi external network adapter in Windows 10

We suggest that you try to delete the old network connection profile, start the service, and create a new profile. To delete a wireless network profile in Windows 10, follow these steps:

• Click the Network icon located at the lower right corner of your screen.
    • Click Network settings.
    • Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
    • Under Manage known networks, click the network you want to delete.
    • Click Forget.

Note: You may also type netsh wlan show profiles in the
    Command Prompt to manage and delete wireless network profiles.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Add Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10 :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Add Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10

unable to access the wireless network

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand that you are facing issue with your internet connection.

I would suggest you to follow the steps
    below:

Method 1

I would suggest you to send the
    screenshot of the wifi problem that you receive.

Please follow the link below to send the screenshot

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-capture-screen-shots#1TC=windows-8

Method 2

Network Troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run the
    Network Troubleshooter

Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control panel.

• In the search box, type Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.

• Under Network and Internet.

• Click on Network adaptor and Click on Next button.

Method 3

Delete a Wireless network profile

To do so please refer the article below and check if it helps:.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/manage-wireless-network-profiles

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Oct 27, 2019
  5. wireless network adapter problem

Hi,

Let's try these troubleshooting steps:

Method 1:

• Open the list of available networks by clicking the network icon in your task bar.
    • Locate the network name on the list and right-click or press and hold on it.
    • Click or tap “Forget this network” to delete the profile from your computer.
    • Once done, reboot your device and then reconfigure the connection to the network.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command Prompt.
    • In Command prompt type the following (Replace Wireless Profile Name with your profile name): netsh
      wlan delete profile name="Wireless Profile Name"
    • Press the enter key and reboot your device, once done reconfigure your wireless network profile.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jericho Lap, Oct 27, 2019
  6. mb300e Win User
    Deleting older and unused Wireless Network Profiles.

Deleting older and unused Wireless Network Profiles.

I had reason recently to make a change to one of my wireless network profiles and discovered that I have dozens of profiles listed that are no longer used. They include hotels, printers and other miscellaneous network items.

Can the older unused ones be deleted from the registry without creating a problem?

The only ones that appear in Settings are the ones in current or recent use. If I only had a few to do, I would do it from a DOS window, but I have dozens. *Eek

Thanks, Peter B.

mb300e, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Add Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10

1. Add Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Wireless Network

2. How to add new Wi-Fi Network Profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add new Wi-Fi Network Profile in Windows 10: This post will show how to add a new Wi-Fi network profile in Windows 10. You can add network details such as network name, security type, key, etc., to add a wireless network profile using two simple and built-in options of Windows 10. Once the network profile is added, you...
  3. Wireless network profile changes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless network profile changes: I am running Win10 build 19041 and all of my wireless network profiles are automatically configuring to public and the option to change to private is not working, as if there is a setting somewhere that is locking out that option to change. Before I start deep diving into my...
  4. NETWORK PROFILES IN WINDOWS 10

NETWORK PROFILES IN WINDOWS 10: I have posted in here before about old and defunct Network Profiles. I had thought the problem was solved back in January 2019 with no trace of the Profile I deleted back then, it surprised me when I noticed it's return today....01:11:2020 but it was created on 23 October...
  5. Wireless networking with Windows 10

Wireless networking with Windows 10: I've been plagued with network problems for what seems years, and every time I think it's resolved, it comes back again, albeit with different symptoms. Hope someone can find the magic bullet for me.We have 2 laptop computers A and B and 1 desktop C at home, all running...
  6. Deleting older and unused Wireless Network Profiles.

Deleting older and unused Wireless Network Profiles.: Deleting older and unused Wireless Network Profiles. I had reason recently to make a change to one of my wireless network profiles and discovered that I have dozens of profiles listed that are no longer used. They include hotels, printers and other miscellaneous network...
  7. See List of Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See List of Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10: How to: See List of Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10 How to See List of Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10 [img] Information When you password key, and security information to be able to connect to a wireless network. This tutorial will show you how to...
  8. Add or Remove Wireless Network from Filter in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Wireless Network from Filter in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Wireless Network from Filter in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Wireless Network from Allowed or Blocked Filter List in Windows 10 If you have a PC with a wireless network adapter, you will see a list of available wireless networks in your area to...
  9. Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10: How to: Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10 How to Delete a Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10 When you connect to a new wireless network, Windows will create a profile for the wireless network. A wireless (Wi-Fi) network profile contains the password key,...
  10. Backup and Restore Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10 When you add or password key, and security information to be able to connect to a wireless network. Restoring a backed up wireless...