Windows 10: Xbox One Controller USB Not Being Recognized On Windows 10

Discus and support Xbox One Controller USB Not Being Recognized On Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So recently I've been having an issue were my pc wouldn't recognize my USB connected to my Xbox One S Controller. I've tried updating my drivers and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DarklingPuma27, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Xbox One Controller USB Not Being Recognized On Windows 10

So recently I've been having an issue were my pc wouldn't recognize my USB connected to my Xbox One S Controller. I've tried updating my drivers and updating my Windows but it is still not working. I am being seriously frustrated by this as I would like to play games with a controller. The USB works on my phone and the controllers are not broken.

:)

DarklingPuma27, Jul 9, 2018

2. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Thank you for responding...

-No I have not used A Xbox 360 controller.

-When I enter a game, it says that the

"Controller that you are currently using(Xbox 360 for Windows) is not supported. Some features may not be available". Only a game called Payday 2 doesn't flash up with a message similar to that.

-I've downloaded the Xbox Accessories app and connected via USB and it recognized it as an Xbox One Controller and then I tried to update the controller but it says that their are no updates available.

-And no im not using the Xbox One Epite controller. Im using the Xbox One Controller+Cable for Windows.

Other Info.

LOT NO./ DATE: 1745

MODEL NO.: 1708

S/N: *****************

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for
    more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

StephanLaw, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Xbox One Controller USB Not Being Recognized On Windows 10

Xbox One Controller

Hi MoDaBro,

An outdated Xbox One controller is one of the possible reasons why your controller is unable to connect to your Xbox One without battery on it. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting a different controller using the same USB cable?
    • Have you tried using a different USB port on your Xbox One console?

In the meantime, I suggest that you try updating your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

Update your Xbox One Controller

How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10

You may also try performing the troubleshooting steps provided on the
    link

If the issue persists, I strongly recommend contacting our Xbox Chat Support for further troubleshooting steps. To proceed, you may contact them through the link below:

Xbox Chat Support

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Xbox One Controller USB Not Being Recognized On Windows 10

1. Xbox One Controller USB Not Being Recognized On Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Xbox Controller USB

2. My Xbox one controller is being recognized as an Unknown USB device device descriptor failed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Xbox one controller is being recognized as an Unknown USB device device descriptor failed.: My Xbox one controller is being recognized as an Unknown USB device device descriptor failed. The controller is not an official Xbox one controller but one from power a. The support were useless and told me to go to a repair shop and didn't provide me any drivers to work...
  3. My Xbox one controller is being recognized as an Unknown USB device device descriptor failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xbox one controller is being recognized as an Unknown USB device device descriptor failed.: My Xbox one controller is being recognized as an Unknown USB device device descriptor failed. The controller is not an official Xbox one controller but one from power a. The support were useless and told me to go to a repair shop and didn't provide me any drivers to work...
  4. My Xbox one controller is being recognized as an Unknown USB device device descriptor failed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Xbox One Controller is not recognized by Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox One Controller is not recognized by Windows PC: [ATTACH]Some users are experiencing trouble connecting their Xbox One Controller to their PCs via a USB cable. After connecting the Xbox One controller, its light blinks as expected but Windows does not recognize it. Some users tried to update the Xbox One Controller driver...
  6. Xbox one controller not recognized via usb on pc windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller not recognized via usb on pc windows 10: Hello,I have read that a recent win10 update included the Xbox One controller drivers, and all you need to do is plug it in. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button it only flashes until it times out and does not get recognized. When plugging the...
  7. Won't recognize Xbox One controller.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't recognize Xbox One controller.: Me and my friend are trying to play a game together which involves both of us having a controller plugged in, kinda split screen but online. Mine works fine but when my friend plugs his in the white glow won't show up. We're positive it's not the wire or the controllers since...
  8. Cannot get windows 10 to recognize xbox one controller

Cannot get windows 10 to recognize xbox one controller: I've tried different USB ports both 3.0 and 2.0, gone to every forum imaginable. Nothing works. Even tried the suggestions made by you guys in this post:...
  9. Xbox One Controller Not Being Found

Xbox One Controller Not Being Found: When I connect my Xbox one controller to my computer via USB, it works fine but when I try and use blue tooth to connect it, it cant be found. I have tried various ways of trying to get it connected and would like to see how you think I can connect it....
  10. Xbox one controller not being recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller not being recognized: So I've moved from Xbox one to PC for gaming and I did so under the impression that Xbox one controllers were supported in games via attachment through micro USB, easy right? Well not so simple, I plugged my Xbox one controller in using my micro usb cable to all of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one controller not recognized windows 10

2. windows 10 not recognizing xbox controller

3. windows 10 not recognizing xbox one controller

4. xbox one controller not detected windows 10,
  5. xbox controller not recognized windows 10,
  6. windows not recognizing xbox one controller,
  7. nba2k19 not recognizing wireless xbox one controller,
  8. xbox controller not being detected windows 10,
  9. xbox controller usb unrecognized,
  10. xbox one controller usb not recognized,
  11. windows 10 xbox controller not recognized,