Windows 10: Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows

Discus and support Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows How to Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows Offline Files is a feature of Sync... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Sandi1987, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Sandi1987 Win User

Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows

How to: Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows

How to Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows

Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable.

Users can use offline files (if always available offline to keep a copy of the files stored on the network on your computer. This allows users to work with them even when they are not connected to the network or a server is unavailable. The next time the user connects to the network or the server is available, their offline files on your computer will automatically sync to the network files on the server to update.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to download or create an Offline Files Folder shortcut to view offline files for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Download an Offline Files Folder Shortcut
    • Option Two: To Manually Create an Offline Files Folder Shortcut

EXAMPLE: Offline Files Folder

Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download an Offline Files Folder Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    Offline_Files_Folder_shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file..

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Manually Create an Offline Files Folder Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    explorer shell:::{AFDB1F70-2A4C-11d2-9039-00C04F8EEB3E}

3. Type Offline Files Folder for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)

*note You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. Right click or press and hold on the new Offline Files Folder shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.

5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, and click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)

6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    %SystemRoot%\System32\cscui.dll

7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)

*note You could use any icon that you would like instead though.

8. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

9. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Sandi1987, Aug 14, 2016
  2. Flava0ne Win User

Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

I've created a Batch file which calls on the following VB Script to be able to create a shortcut to my desktop:

VB Script (named createLink.vbs):
    Code: set objWSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") set objFso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") ' command line arguments ' TODO: error checking sShortcut = objWSHShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings(WScript.Arguments.Item(0)) sTargetPath = objWSHShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings(WScript.Arguments.Item(1)) sWorkingDirectory = objFso.GetAbsolutePathName(sShortcut) set objSC = objWSHShell.CreateShortcut(sShortcut) objSC.TargetPath = sTargetPath objSC.WorkingDirectory = sWorkingDirectory objSC.Save[/quote] Batch File Example (for Windows Notepad):
    Code: @echo off cscript createLink.vbs "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Notepad.lnk" "C:\Windows\System32\notepad.exe"[/quote] But after creating the shortcut using this method, I'm not able to assign a custom icon for the shortcut. I get the following error message when trying to do so:

Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows Error503.jpg

Any help and ideas on what I need to put into the VB Script and/or Batch File to be able to do this would be greatly appreciated! *Big Grin Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows :D

Also, I know that I can simply do this by going to Start Menu\All Programs\Accessories\ right-clicking on Notepad and selecting Send to\Desktop (create shortcut). Easy enough for creating a single shortcut. But I need to create several multiple shortcuts and using this Batch/VBS method would really save me a lot of time in doing so.

Flava0ne, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Flava0ne Win User

Tried both of the VB Scripts that you provided and adding the 9 switch to the batch file but neither was able to create a shortcut to my desktop.

Flava0ne, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Flava0ne Win User

So basically my Batch File will now look like this:

Code: @echo off CreateShortcut.exe "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Notepad.lnk" "C:\Windows\System32\notepad.exe"[/quote] Thanks man! *Big Grin Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows :D This does exactly what I want done and I'm able to customize the icon for the shortcut without problems. But I'm not quite sure how to use the [icon file] portion you mentioned that it supports. I tried the following Batch File:

Code: @echo off CreateShortcut.exe "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Notepad.lnk" "C:\Windows\System32\notepad.exe" "C:\Users\Administrator\Pictures\Notepad.ico"[/quote] It created the shortcut but didn't change the icon.

Flava0ne, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Flava0ne Win User

How would the VB script look like with that line you mentioned added into it? I didn't create this VB Script and I'm not very familiar with using it. I'm more familiar with using Batch Command Files. I've created my very own custom icons for practically every program on my system. I usually use Restorator 2007 to edit the icons themselves in the EXE files for the programs but there are some program's that apparently won't work if doing this. So for the one's that won't work with that method, I place the icon(s) in the Pictures folder and then make it hidden after assigning it to the shortcut.

Flava0ne, Oct 27, 2019
  6. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows - Similar Threads - Create Offline Files

2. Can not create folder using shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not create folder using shortcut: Hello,I am using windows 10 pro and I can not create folder using its shortcut Ctrl+shift+n I can create folders using mouse right click but using shortcut is much easier my keyboard is working properly and my window is updated as well would be happy to hear your...
  3. cannot create folders or shortcuts in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot create folders or shortcuts in windows 10: Cannot create folders or shortcuts in windows 10 after update about 2 months ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-folders-or-shortcuts-in-windows-10/7926a668-06a6-4c62-875e-030ff573ef35"
  4. Rename of files and folders in Offline Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename of files and folders in Offline Folders: Hi, I have a client who uses offline files on a laptop and has Windows 10, version 1803. He is not able to rename any of the files or folders under his redirected Users folder, which is set to use offline files. I have checked permissions and there are no issues there....
  5. Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows [img] Information The Printers folder allows you to see all printers in one location to make it easy to manage them. This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Printers folder shortcut in Windows 7,...
  6. Create Shortcut to App, File, Folder, Drive, or Website in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Shortcut to App, File, Folder, Drive, or Website in Windows 10: How to: Create Shortcut to App, File, Folder, Drive, or Website in Windows 10 How to Create Shortcut to App, File, Folder, Drive, or Website in Windows 10 A shortcut is a link to an item (ex: app, file, folder, drive, website, etc...) on a local or network computer....
  7. Create Windows Defender Offline Scan shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Windows Defender Offline Scan shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Windows Defender Offline Scan shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information On Windows 10, Windows Defender Offline is completely automated. This means Windows Defender when it identifies advanced malware will recommend that Windows Defender Offline be run and...
  8. Create Recent Folders Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Recent Folders Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Recent Folders Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Recent Folders Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Recent Folders (aka: Recent Places) is a list of folders that you have used or opened recently. These recent folders are also included under...
  9. Create Shared Folders shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Shared Folders shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Shared Folders shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Shared Folders Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use the Shared Folders Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in to centrally manage file shares on a computer. Shared Folders enables...
  10. Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC, tablet, or phone. This tutorial...