Windows 10: Rename Power Plan in Windows 10

Discus and support Rename Power Plan in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Rename Power Plan in Windows 10 How to Rename a Power Plan in Windows 10 [img] Information A power plan is a collection of hardware and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Rename Power Plan in Windows 10

How to: Rename Power Plan in Windows 10

How to Rename a Power Plan in Windows 10

Rename Power Plan in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. A power plan is also known as a power scheme. You can create custom power plans that are optimized for specific computers.

By default, Windows 10 includes three built-in power plans: Balanced, Power Saver, and High Performance. You can create new plans that are based on the existing plans, or create a new power plan from scratch.

This tutorial will show you how to rename any power plan on your Windows 10 PC.

EXAMPLE: Power Plan name before and after

Here's How:

1. Open a command prompt.

2. Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. This will give you a list of all existing power plans on the PC along with their GUID. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow powercfg /L

3. Make note of the GUID of the power plan (ex: "My Custom Plan 1") you want to rename. The power plan with a * at the end is your current active power plan. (see screenshot above)

4. Type the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow powercfg -changename GUID "new name"

Note Substitute GUID in the command above with the actual GUID given in step 3 above for the power plan you want to rename.

Substitute new name in the command above with the name you want for the power plan.

For example:
    powercfg -changename 843cff90-8b5d-4248-ba58-2b01035b796a "Customized"

5. When finished, you can close the command prompt if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 5, 2017
  2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Power plans automatically changing

Hi Jonah,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with power plans.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Power settings. Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Let’s run the power troubleshooter and check if that helps.

a. Press Windows key on the keyboard.

b. In the search box, type Troubleshooting and press
    Enter.

c. Click on ‘System and Security’ and click on ‘Power’ click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    restore the power plans to default and check if it helps.

Step 1: Reset and restore the power plans to default:

• Right-click on
      Start button
      and click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
      and hit Enter.

• Exit command prompt.
    Note: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans are would be removed.

Step 2:

Once the power plan is reset to default, you may create a
    new power plan
    and customize the same according to your needs.

Refer to the link:

Power plans: Frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/power-plans-faq

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Battery Plans

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key,

• Type Choose a power plan.

• There you will be able to customize the power plan.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 26, 2019
  5. power plan

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Try to run the following commands and check if it helps.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:
    WSReset.exe.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Power troubleshooter will automatically fix some common issues with Power Plans. Run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how
    long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting

• Select Troubleshooting and click on
      System and Security.

• Click on Power and follow the
      onscreen steps.
    Delete the current power plan and create it again. Refer to the following link to change the power plan to suit your needs.

Power plans: Frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/power-plans-faq Refer to the section:
    How to create and delete a power plan

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Karla Alm Win User
    How do I delete a power plan?

Hi Harold,

For step by step instructions on how to delete a power plan, follow these:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Power Options.
    • Click Show additional plans.
    • Choose an additional plan then click Change plan settings.
    • Select Cancel. (Customized power plan will be move to the additional plans.)
    • Click Change plan settings beside your customized power plan.
    • You will see the option Delete this plan in the Edit Plan Settings.
    • Select OK to confirm the deletion.

Should you need further help, let us know.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Rename Power Plan in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Rename Power Plan

2. Power plans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power plans: I tried all different solutions but nothing worked.I downloaded the pow files and nothing worked.I tried these codes:powercfg -duplicatescheme 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635cpowercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61powercfg -duplicatescheme...
  3. Windows 10 power plan

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 power plan: Hello guys, Last night I started a render queue in Cinema 4D (3d animation tool) and was under the assumption that the queue would be rendered when I woke up this morning. To bad that wasn't the case because I forgot to switch the power plan to NOT put my PC into sleeping...
  4. Windows Power Plans

Windows Power Plans: I have a question about the Windows Power Plans, I have Highlighted Balanced, Ultimate Performance, High performance, and lastly Power Saver. I'm currently having problem's with the power plan switching between Ultimate Performance and Balanced every 2-5 Seconds in a...
  5. Power Plans

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power Plans: I updated my laptop to windows 10 2004 version and all my powerplans are missing. Please help submitted by /u/Caratecat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/idb06t/power_plans/
  6. power plan on windows 10

power plan on windows 10: HI since the last time I installed windows 10 on my computer the power plans don't work anymore. no idea how to fix since it has been happening since the reinstall. Didn't get any errors reinstalling it but still no joy. Tried the troubleshooter but it said it couldn't find...
  7. Power Plans

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Plans: I've noticed that my fan is constantly running on high lately even when I have no apps or programs open. I went into the battery setting in order to change my power plan and there is only balanced. What's going on and is there another way to fix this issue?...
  8. Power Plan

Power Plan: My power plan only has the balanced one and I can't figure out how to get the high performance one. I went into create a power plan but it wasn't there also. Any way I can get the high performance plan?...
  9. Power Plans

Power Plans: I recently did a Fresh Start on my HP laptop as I was having issues with Windows Defender and my computer was running slow despite my best efforts to fix it. The install solved the problems I was having with Windows Defender and speed but I have been having issues with the...
  10. Power Plan

Power Plan: Why isn't my power plan available? I attemted to increase the time before the PC sleeps, but it seems to default to 10 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-plan/f2cab0f8-1715-4975-bc19-bfe1a3b62db5