Windows 10: Find Motherboard Brand, Model, Serial Number, and Version in Windows

Discus and support Find Motherboard Brand, Model, Serial Number, and Version in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Find Motherboard Brand, Model, Serial Number, and Version in Windows How to Find Motherboard Manufacturer, Model, Serial Number, and Version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Find Motherboard Brand, Model, Serial Number, and Version in Windows

How to: Find Motherboard Brand, Model, Serial Number, and Version in Windows

How to Find Motherboard Manufacturer, Model, Serial Number, and Version in Windows

A motherboard is the main printed circuit board (PCB) used to connect all the parts of a computer together. The CPU, memory, hard drives, and other ports and expansion cards all connect to the motherboard directly or via cables.

You need to know the brand (manufacturer) and model (product) of the motherboard to look up its specs for what components it supports.

Also knowing the motherboard version number can be helpful when looking for BIOS firmware updates from the manufacturer's support site.

A serial number allows the manufacturer to identify a product and get additional information about it, for registration, replacement, or as a means of finding compatible parts.

You can open the computer case and read the brand, model, and serial number directly from the motherboard, but it can often be much easier to get this information from within Windows instead.

This tutorial will show you how to find the manufacturer, model, serial number, and version of the motherboard in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Find Motherboard Manufacturer, Model, Serial Number, and Version in Command Prompt
    • Option Two: To Find Motherboard Manufacturer, Model, Serial Number, and Version in PowerShell
    • Option Three: To Find Motherboard Manufacturer, Model, and Version in System Information

OPTION ONE [/i] To Find Motherboard Manufacturer, Model, Serial Number, and Version in Command Prompt
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow wmic baseboard get product, manufacturer, serialnumber, version

Find Motherboard Brand, Model, Serial Number, and Version in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To Find Motherboard Manufacturer, Model, Serial Number, and Version in PowerShell
    1. Open PowerShell.

2. Copy and paste either command below into PowerShell, and press Enter.
    *Arrow Get-WmiObject win32_baseboard | Format-List Product,Manufacturer,SerialNumber,Version

OR

*Arrow gwmi win32_baseboard | FL Product,Manufacturer,SerialNumber,Version

OPTION THREE [/i] To Find Motherboard Manufacturer, Model, and Version in System Information
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type msinfo32 into Run, and click/tap on OK to open System Information.

2. Click/tap on System Summary in the left pane, and look for the Baseboard Manufacturer (brand), BaseBoard Product (model), and BaseBoard Version items in the right pane. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 14, 2018

2. Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Oct 27, 2019
  3. hcpc1 Win User
    Motherboard model numbers

I have a hp pegatron lga1366 motherboard model number 594415-002 and my question is if I was to replace my motherboard with the exact same motherboard does it have to be the same model number because hp pegatron lga1366 has two model numbers 594415-001
    and 594415-002 I contacted a Microsoft rep on the chat and he wasn't to helpful I just need to know if I can install a 594415-001 motherboard in place of my 594415 because my goodman air conditioner outside unit took out two of my memory slots and almost took
    out my power supply my hp pegatron lga1366 594415-002 motherboard still works and I still have 4 memory slots that work and I bought a new power supply to take the place of the one that almost got taken out.

hcpc1, Oct 27, 2019
  4. hcpc1 Win User

Motherboard model numbers

The hp pegatron motherboards are the same the only difference is the model numbers I contacted an ebay seller today about the 594415-001 that he has for sell and asked him if changing out my 594415-002 motherboard with a hp pegatron 594415-001 motherboard
    and reinstalling windows 10 on would cause any issue and he said no it shouldn't cause any issues but I will try and contact hp and find out about the hp pegatron 594415-001 and 594415-002 motherboard thank you for trying to help you have a great night.

hcpc1, Oct 27, 2019
  5. tamara_sadel, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Where is the long number on my PC ?

Charles

Do you mean the computer serial number?

What is your computer make and model? If not a branded computer what is your motherboard make and model?

Gerry C J Cornell, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Find Motherboard Brand, Model, Serial Number, and Version in Windows - Similar Threads - Find Motherboard Brand

2. Windows serial number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows serial number: Hi, last week i bought a new laptop with DOS so i installed Windows 11 and then i I bought actiavion key online. I activeted windows, everything went good but laptop started to get BSOD atleast once evry 30-60 minutes so i sended it back to the store and apperently it was...
  3. Windows serial number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows serial number: Hi, last week i bought a new laptop with DOS so i installed Windows 11 and then i I bought actiavion key online. I activeted windows, everything went good but laptop started to get BSOD atleast once evry 30-60 minutes so i sended it back to the store and apperently it was...
  4. How to find your PC Motherboard Model and Serial Number

in Windows 10 News
    How to find your PC Motherboard Model and Serial Number: [ATTACH]Knowing the motherboard’s model and serial number can be beneficial while searching for BIOS firmware updates from the manufacturer’s support site. A product’s serial number enables the manufacturer to identify and obtain more details about it, allowing for...
  5. Find serial number to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find serial number to laptop: Hi Microsoft Community, Could someone please tell me the simplest way of finding out the serial number to the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-serial-number-to-laptop/6ef7c99c-688e-4bea-b193-fe170f7c877f
  6. Find serial number to laptop

Find serial number to laptop: Hi Microsoft Community, Could someone please tell me the simplest way of finding out the serial number to the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-serial-number-to-laptop/6ef7c99c-688e-4bea-b193-fe170f7c877f
  7. Computer make -model name - serial number

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer make -model name - serial number: Hi All helpers and Microsoft employees To better serve the End-Users, is it possible to tell them on the top of the forum to always leave those information when they ask for help? To me those information can help to find quickly a solution. What do you think? Regards,...
  8. finding serial numbers on product

finding serial numbers on product: find serial numbers on prodct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-serial-numbers-on-product/ffa2dac9-5ad8-433c-ad62-08ae2bde9c8b
  9. Find Serial Number of Windows PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Serial Number of Windows PC: How to: Find Serial Number of Windows PC How to Find Serial Number of Windows PC Sometimes abbreviated as Serial No., SN or S/N, a serial number is a unique number assigned to the PC by the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) used for identification and inventory...
  10. Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows: How to: Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows How to Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows [img] Information Sometimes abbreviated as Serial No., SN or S/N, a serial number is a unique number assigned to the PC by the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to find pegatron serial number