Windows 10: Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in Windows PC

Discus and support Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in Windows PC in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in Windows PC How to Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in Windows PC A Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in Windows PC

How to: Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in Windows PC

How to Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in Windows PC

A Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) is a single-chip processor primarily used to manage and boost the performance of video and graphics.

A graphics card (also called a display card, video card, display adapter, or graphics adapter) is an expansion card which generates a feed of output images to a display device (such as a computer monitor). Frequently, these are advertised as discrete or dedicated graphics cards, emphasizing the distinction between these and integrated graphics. At the core of both is the graphics processing unit (GPU), which is the main part that does the actual computations, but should not be confused as the video card as a whole, although "GPU" is often used to refer to video cards.

This tutorial will show you different ways to check what graphics card or GPU is in your Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 PC.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in PC in Task Manager
    • Option Two: Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in PC in System Information (msinfo32)
    • Option Three: Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in PC in DirectX Diagnostic Tool (dxdiag)
    • Option Four: Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in PC in Device Manager
    • Option Five: Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in PC in Command Prompt
    • Option Six: Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in PC in PowerShell

OPTION ONE [/i] Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in PC in Task Manager
    *note This options is only available in Windows 10.
    1. Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc).

2. In the Performance tab, you will see the name (ex: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 TI") of each GPU (if more than one) for your computer. (see screenshot below)

Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in Windows PC [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in PC in System Information (msinfo32)
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type msinfo32 into Run, and click/tap on OK to open System Information.

2. Under System Summary in the left pane click/tap on Components and Display. (see screenshot below)

3. In the right pane of Display, you will see the name (ex: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 TI") of each GPU (if more than one) for your computer.

OPTION THREE [/i] Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in PC in DirectX Diagnostic Tool (dxdiag)
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type dxdiag into Run, and click/tap on OK to open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.

2. In each Display tab (if more than one), you will see the name (ex: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 TI") of the GPU (if more than one) used for the display. (see screenshots below)

OPTION FOUR [/i] Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in PC in Device Manager
    1. Open Device Manager.

2. Expand open Display adapters. (see screenshot below)

3. Under Display adapters, you will see the name (ex: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 TI") of each GPU (if more than one) for your computer.

OPTION FIVE [/i] Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in PC in Command Prompt
    1. Open a Command Prompt.

2. Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow wmic path win32_VideoController get name
    3. You will now see the name (ex: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 TI") of each GPU (if more than one) for your computer.

OPTION SIX [/i] Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in PC in PowerShell
    1. Open a PowerShell.

2. Copy and paste either command below into PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)
    *Arrow Get-WmiObject win32_VideoController | Format-List Name

OR

*Arrow gwmi win32_VideoController | FL Name
    3. You will now see the name (ex: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 TI") of each GPU (if more than one) for your computer.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 20, 2018

2. graphic card

Hi,

There is a possibility that the application you're trying to download is not compatible with the hardware that you have. We suggest that you check the system requirements of the chat application, then see if your device is capable of running the it.

To check the Graphics card information on your device, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • On the Run box, type msinfo32 then hit Enter key.
    • On the System Information window, click on Components → Display.

Should you need further assistance, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Oct 27, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in Windows PC

Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 27, 2019
  5. Unsupported Graphics card .

Hello Ayush,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 27, 2019
  6. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in Windows PC

1. Check What Graphics Card or GPU is in Windows PC - Similar Threads - Check Graphics Card

2. GPU graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU graphics card: Hi! Thanks for all the help guys! but after i fixed the safe mode thing on my computer i try to open my game that i play almost everyday before the pc crashed. It keeps saying something about D3D11 and that i have to have it to open the game. I Tried reinstalling it but it...
  3. GPU graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU graphics card: Hi! Thanks for all the help guys! but after i fixed the safe mode thing on my computer i try to open my game that i play almost everyday before the pc crashed. It keeps saying something about D3D11 and that i have to have it to open the game. I Tried reinstalling it but it...
  4. GPU graphics card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop GPU graphic cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop GPU graphic cards: I have a laptop with an integrated Intel graphics card and an nvidia 1650 ti graphics card. Whenever I go into the nvidia control panel, it does not show any display settings for my laptop and games, which I found out is caused by the integrated intel graphics card...
  6. Windows 10 computer graphic card to e-GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 computer graphic card to e-GPU: When I use photo editing/video editing software on computer some time I face problem because the graphic card is Intel HD Graphics 620. As on laptop we can not change I guess graphic card I wonder if, I can use external graphic card known as e-GPU. Would you mind sharing...
  7. What is the Purpose of Two Graphics Cards?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What is the Purpose of Two Graphics Cards?: I'm curious but I noticed that a few people install 2 RTX 2080 Ti graphic cards in their computers. Why do people do this? Are there games that actually require this much processing power? Is upscaling and playing 4k movies perfectly require this? Or, is it merely for...
  8. Graphics card not compatible with my pc? What to do?

Graphics card not compatible with my pc? What to do?: I already bought a better graphics card 2 years ago but I could never use it because we accidentally bought a graphics card that is compatible with Windows 7, it says so on the box. I have Windows 10 and my question is if I can do anything to use this graphics card....
  9. What exacty is card gpu ?

What exacty is card gpu ?: Have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 running my 3 monitor system....have noticed I have a few icons in the system tray that say they are running on the NVIDIA GPU ? What exactly is this 'GPU'...I must have set something in the NVIDIA control panel recently to activate this since is...
  10. What is the best driver for this graphics card ?

What is the best driver for this graphics card ?: Hello, can i ask you what is the best driver for this graphics card ? i have this one installed: (Versão do software Radeon - 16.12.2Edição do software Radeon - Crimson ReLiveChipset gráfico - AMD Radeon(TM) R2 GraphicsTamanho da memória - 512 MBTipo de memória -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. find graphics card windows 10