Windows 10: Turn On or Off Automatically Restart Apps after Sign In in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Automatically Restart Apps after Sign In in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Automatically Restart Apps after Sign In in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Automatically Restart Apps after Sign In in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Turn On or Off Automatically Restart Apps after Sign In in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Automatically Restart Apps after Sign In in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Automatically Restart Apps after Sign In in Windows 10

Starting with at least sign in.

This new Restart apps setting has been separated from the old Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart setting.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18990, in addition to registered desktop apps, when you opt into this setting, the majority of open UWP apps are now also automatically restarted as well. To reduce sign-in time, UWP apps are restarted minimized, in a suspended state, giving Windows and other apps more resources to get started.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off automatically restart apps after sign in for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Automatically Restart Apps after Sign In in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Automatically Restart Apps after Sign In using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Automatically Restart Apps after Sign In in Settings
    1 Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

2 Click/tap on Sign-in options on the left side, and turn On or Off (default) Automatically save my restartable apps when I sign out and restart them after I sign in for what you want under Restart apps on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3 When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off Automatically Restart Apps after Sign In in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Automatically Restart Apps after Sign In using a REG file
    The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

RestartApps DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1 Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Automatically Restart Apps after Sign In
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Restart_apps_after_sign_in_for_current_user.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Automatically Restart Apps after Sign In
    This is the default setting.

A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Restart_apps_after_sign_in_for_current_user.reg

Download
    4 Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5 Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7 You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 13, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Apps in Windows 10 Store  

Hello evildog1, Turn On or Off Automatically Restart Apps after Sign In in Windows 10 :)

You might also use the tutorial below to turn off automatic installation of suggested apps to help more.

How to Turn On or Off Automatically Installing Suggested Apps in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. System restarts automatically?????HELP!!!!!

Turn off Windows Automatic Restarts so you can see what type of BSOD the system is popping.

eidairaman1, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Use sign-in info to auto finish after Update or Restart in Windows 10

Hello rseiler, Turn On or Off Automatically Restart Apps after Sign In in Windows 10 :)

Nope. This will not prevent automatic restarts from Windows Update.

This is only to turn on or off to automatically sign back in to your account after a restart to finish a Windows Update.

For what you're wanting, you might see if either of these below may help:

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. fulvioval Win User
    Apps like Facebook and Candy Crush reinstalls after restart

Amazing! Thanks a lot, I`ll do this.
    Hum..a new bug from Fall update, I never had this problem before with others updates. Thanks for the info!

fulvioval, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Automatically Restart Apps after Sign In in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Automatically

2. Laptop instantly turns off and restarts automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop instantly turns off and restarts automatically: My laptop is a Lenovo with 8GB RAM, a 1TB SSD, and an AMD Ryzen 5 5500U processor Windows 10 currently, previously I had 11. Restore to 10 as I thought maybe reinstalling a lower version could help solve the problem.The problem I'm facing is that whenever I'm working on my...
  3. Laptop instantly turns off and restarts automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop instantly turns off and restarts automatically: My laptop is a Lenovo with 8GB RAM, a 1TB SSD, and an AMD Ryzen 5 5500U processor Windows 10 currently, previously I had 11. Restore to 10 as I thought maybe reinstalling a lower version could help solve the problem.The problem I'm facing is that whenever I'm working on my...
  4. Laptop instantly turns off and restarts automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Windows 10 Mail app: Hi,We are facing an issue with users who are using Mail App in their laptop/Microsoft Surface, when they are trying to Sync the mails a warning message is popping, "You're sending automatic replies from account Turn Off /Dismiss" if we turn off still after some time it's...
  6. How to completely TURN OFF automatic restarts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to completely TURN OFF automatic restarts?: I work for a small business whose server runs Windows 10 Pro. This is because the boss didn't want to cough up the money for Windows Server and does not want anything to do with Linux. Oh well. There are three VMs running on Oracle VirtualBox in the background continuously....
  7. Need to be able to turn off automatic restart after Windows update install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to be able to turn off automatic restart after Windows update install: I know this has been asked before, but I'm going to bring it up again to keep this topic alive and to keep reminding Microsoft that this is really irritating to their users. In Windows 7, I could set it up so that I would get a notification that there were updates to...
  8. Turn Off Automatic Installation of Suggested Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn Off Automatic Installation of Suggested Apps in Windows 10: How to: Turn Off Automatic Installation of Suggested Apps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Automatically Installing Suggested Apps in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 version 1607 Anniversary Update, Windows will silently automatically download...
  9. Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Apps in Windows 10 Store

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Apps in Windows 10 Store: How to: Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Apps in Windows 10 Store Turn On or Off Automatic Download and Install of App Updates by Store in Windows 10 The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can...
  10. Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Turn On or Off Automatically Restart Apps after Sign In using a REG file