Windows 10: Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10

Discus and support Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10 AutoPlay lets you choose an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10

How to: Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10

How to Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10

AutoPlay lets you choose an action for different kinds of media when you plug in a device or insert media. You can set AutoPlay to open different kinds of content, such as photos, music, and video on different kinds of media, such as drives, CDs, DVDs, cameras, and phones. For example, you can use AutoPlay to select an app that will automatically open photos on a removable drive when you plug it into your PC. With AutoPlay, you don't have to open the same app or reselect preferences every time you plug in a certain device.

Sometimes you may want or need to quickly reset AutoPlay settings back to default all at once instead of changing them one at a time.

This tutorial will show you how to quickly reset all AutoPlay settings back to default for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Reset AutoPlay Settings using a BAT file
    • Option Two: To Reset AutoPlay Settings in Control Panel

EXAMPLE: AutoPlay settings in Windows 10

Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Reset AutoPlay Settings using a BAT file
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below.
    Reset_AutoPlay.bat

Download

*note Contents of .bat file for reference:

Code:
    2. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .bat file.

4. Run the .bat file.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Reset AutoPlay Settings in Control Panel
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the AutoPlay icon.

2. Scroll down to the bottom of AutoPlay, click/tap on the Reset all defaults button, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close the Control Panel if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 2, 2018

2. Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10 autoplay-problems-windows-10.png

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

Download Windows Media Player 10 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 27, 2019
  3. autoplay doesn't work after loading windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know if you have installed all the pending updates on your device.

Also, check with the sound drivers as well.

I suggest you to check with the setting for AutoPlay and check if it helps.

Even if you have turned on the AutoPlay option, there might be some option chosen Choose AutoPlay defaults. I suggest you to check with those options.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type AutoPlay and click on AutoPlay settings.
    • To enable AutoPlay, move the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices button to On.
    • Next you can choose and set your AutoPlay defaults.
    For Removable drives, the following options are available from the drop-down menu:

• Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time
    • Configure this drive for backup (File History)
    • Configure storage settings (Settings).

For Memory Cards, the options available are:

• Play video files using alternate
      software
    • Play using Windows Media Player
    • Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time.
    Set your options and exit.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10

How to reset Windows 10 settings to default?

Hi,

As per your concern, some settings on Windows 10 have default options. You can reset Windows 10 to its defaults app by following this steps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • On the left side, select Default app.

Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10 ea3e6a93-7042-4c55-9b4e-a912780c3b97.png

• Under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, click Reset.
    Regarding your concern with default button on each setting, you have a great idea. We suggest that you share your comments on our Windows Feedback hub for us to improve our services. Simply type
    Windows Feedback on the Start menu.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 27, 2019
  5. actin centre autoplay does not work

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• Type Autoplay on the search bar and select Autoplay settings

• Turn on the Autoplay and also Choose Autoplay Default.

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 27, 2019
  6. PhilOwers Win User
    Windows 10 Autoplay

Have you checked the specific Autoplay settings for CDs an DVDs including the program\file associations for the different kinds of media they can hold? Windows has to know what to do with different file types, e.g. MP3s, MP4s JPGs etc.

Type 'Autoplay' into the Search Box on the Windows Task Bar and launch the Control Panel Autoplay Settings screen to check the settings thoroughly.

I also have a problem with autoplay in win 10. The DVD starts up then stops, however if I go into file explorer and then click on THIS PC the DVD starts up again and I get a message asking me what to do with the DVD.

I have tried

Follow these steps to stop and start the Plug and Play service.

• Press Windows key + R top open
      Run command

• Type services.msc and hit
      Enter

• Search for Plug and Play service. Check if it shows
      running next to it as the status.

• If yes, right click on the service and click on
      stop

• Now, again right click on it and click on
      start.

Also make sure that the AutoPlay option is
    enabled
    on your computer. Follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control panel.

• Double click on AutoPlay option.

• Check on the box, Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    and to no avail.

This laptop has a clean Win 10 installed but another laptop had an upgrade to win 10 and that works OK

Any Ideas

Thank

In the autoplay option from the control panel the AUTOPLAY option is enabled and all others in the list to use the default option.

Any other ideas please as I may have to clean build and start again

Thanks Phil

PhilOwers, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10

1. Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset AutoPlay Settings

2. Windows 10 Settings reset to default after reboot

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Settings reset to default after reboot: If Windows 10 keeps resetting all your settings to default, then here are a few things you need to take a look at. Imagine all setting rest to default automatically every time you shut down or restart your computer. A few users have been complaining about the issue. Let’s see...
  3. Windows 10 settings keep resetting to defaults

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 settings keep resetting to defaults: Hello! Specs: Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit Version: 1809 Language: JA So, I am working with a Japanese language system, and settings such as the privacy settings, lock screen settings etc. keep resetting EVERY FEW HOURS! I am completely baffled by this behavior and...
  4. How to Reset windows 10 to default settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Reset windows 10 to default settings?: I screwed around a bit too much, and i just need a fresh breath of air for my computer. submitted by /u/-Morgz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e59sxi/how_to_reset_windows_10_to_default_settings/
  5. Autoplay settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Autoplay settings: long story short l recently restored my laptop, certain settings have reverted which is no biggie, but l burn the occasional disk and for the life of me l cannot remember where the settings for DVD/CD autoplay were as l want to stop windows from automatically trying to use...
  6. Reset Taskbar to Default Settings on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset Taskbar to Default Settings on Windows 10: My Taskbar is suddenly staying on my screen when I go full-screen whilst watching a YouTube video, etc. In hopes of fixing the issue, I would like to know the default settings for the Taskbar, as there does not seem to be a, "reset to default settings" (or I just couldn't...
  7. AutoPlay defaults

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AutoPlay defaults: Do you know how to set the AutoPlay defaults with the registry editor? For example, I would prefer the default to be set to "Open a folder to view files (File Explorer) for "Removable Drive" and "Memory Card," but I don't exactly know how to set this in the registry editor...
  8. set AutoPlay defaults with registry editor

in Windows 10 Support
    set AutoPlay defaults with registry editor: Do you know how to set the AutoPlay defaults with the registry editor? For example, I would prefer the default to be set to "Open a folder to view files (File Explorer) for "Removable Drive" and "Memory Card," but I don't exactly know how to set this in the registry editor...
  9. Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10 AutoPlay lets you choose an action for different kinds of media when you plug in a device or insert media. You can set AutoPlay to open different kinds...
  10. Default autoplay program

in Windows 10 Support
    Default autoplay program: When I insert a DVD into the dvd drive it no longer plays automaticaly.Is there a programme in Windows 10 that can be set as default to play automaticaly.The options for doing this in control panel are now disabled. 101143