Windows 10: Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10

Discus and support Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10 Copy path or Copy as path will copy the full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10

How to: Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10

How to Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10

Copy path or Copy as path will copy the full path of selected items (files and folders) wrapped in quotes to the Clipboard so you can paste the full path(s) of the item(s) where you like.

Copy address or Copy address as text will copy the full path of selected items (files and folders) without quotes to the Clipboard so you can paste the full path(s) of the item(s) where you like.

This tutorial will show you how to copy the full path of files and folders in File Explorer to paste where you like in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Copy Full Path of Folder using Keyboard Shortcuts
    • Option Two: Copy Full Path of Folder from File Explorer Address Bar
    • Option Three: Copy Full Path of Files and Folders from Context Menu
    • Option Four: Copy Full Path of Files and Folders from File Explorer Ribbon

OPTION ONE [/i] Copy Full Path of Folder using Keyboard Shortcuts
    1. While in File Explorer (Win+E), press the Alt+D or Ctrl+L keys to show the full path of the current folder location in the address bar. (see screenshot below)

2. Press the Ctrl+C keys to copy the full path without quotes to the Clipboard.

3. You can now paste (Ctrl+V) the full path where you like.

Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Copy Full Path of Folder from File Explorer Address Bar
    1. While in File Explorer (Win+E), right click or press and hold on the address bar. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on Copy address or Copy address as text to copy the full path without quotes to the Clipboard.

3. You can now paste (Ctrl+V) the full path where you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] Copy Full Path of Files and Folders from Context Menu
    1. While in File Explorer (Win+E) or on your desktop (Win+D), select the file(s) and/or folder(s) you want to copy the full path of. (see screenshot below)

2. Press and hold the Shift key, right click on the selected file(s) and/or folder(s), release the Shift key, and click/tap on Copy as path to copy the full path(s) each wrapped in quotes to the Clipboard.

3. You can now paste (Ctrl+V) the full path(s) where you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] Copy Full Path of Files and Folders from File Explorer Ribbon
    1. While in File Explorer (Win+E), select the file(s) and/or folder(s) you want to copy the full path of. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on the Home tab, and click/tap on Copy path in the ribbon to copy the full path(s) each wrapped in quotes to the Clipboard.

3. You can now Paste (Ctrl+V) the full path(s) where you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 17, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  3. xylomn Win User
    Java, interaction with windows explorer

I'm in the middle of coding a small project which involves needing an integrated file explorer similar to that of windows explorer.

As java doesn't contain this feature in its libraries i'm coding it from scratch and its almost done bar one thing....

I need to be able to drag file(s) from windows explorer into the file viewer I have made so the files can be copied...

What I don't know how to do is construct an appropriate listener to detect when files are 'dropped' onto the file explorer window so i can read their paths.

Any ideas?

xylomn, Oct 27, 2019
  4. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Oct 27, 2019
  5. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Copy Path File

2. Locating files with "destination path too long" in Windows explorer when copying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locating files with "destination path too long" in Windows explorer when copying: I am copying files from a EHD to my documents folder. I get an error saying "destination path too long" and with an option to skip or cancel. I have thousands of files in the folders that I am copying. How do I find out which files have a "destination path too long". Is there...
  3. Locating files with "destination path too long" in Windows explorer when copying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locating files with "destination path too long" in Windows explorer when copying: I am copying files from a EHD to my documents folder. I get an error saying "destination path too long" and with an option to skip or cancel. I have thousands of files in the folders that I am copying. How do I find out which files have a "destination path too long". Is there...
  4. Ctrl-A in File Explorer is very slow. "Copy as path" also slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl-A in File Explorer is very slow. "Copy as path" also slow.: Selecting all the items in a folder in File Explorer is slower than any previous version of Windows I've worked with. And by slower I mean really slow.You can test it by going into a folder containing a good amount of items like C:\Windows\WinSxS. Do a Ctrl-A and wait. Then...
  5. Ctrl-A in File Explorer is very slow. "Copy as path" also slow.

Ctrl-A in File Explorer is very slow. "Copy as path" also slow.: Selecting all the items in a folder in File Explorer is slower than any previous version of Windows I've worked with. And by slower I mean really slow.You can test it by going into a folder containing a good amount of items like C:\Windows\WinSxS. Do a Ctrl-A and wait. Then...
  6. NirCmd: Copy Path vs. Copy File Name

NirCmd: Copy Path vs. Copy File Name: Merging the following code in the Registry adds a "Copy File Path" context-menu in File Explorer and it works properly. Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\CopyFilePath] @="Copy File Path" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\CopyFilePath\command]...
  7. Windows explorer file path

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows explorer file path: Can someone tell me how to set it so that windows explorer shows the file path by default, not the "breadcrumbs"? I went view, then options, and I clicked the box to display full file path, and nothing happens. It still keeps showing just the "breadcrumbs" submitted by...
  8. How to use File Explorer "Copy path" on command line?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to use File Explorer "Copy path" on command line?: If I highlight files in File Explorer then select "Copy path", it will copy the path of one or more files to the clipboard. For example below I highlighted 3 files then selected "Copy path" which copied the path of the 3 files to the clipboard. Can someone explain to me...
  9. Explorer doesn't allow copying files with long path in Windows 10 1903 build

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer doesn't allow copying files with long path in Windows 10 1903 build: I have installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro (build 1903). When I tried to copy files from one drive to another drive in the same SSD to Windows 10, I get the error "The file name(s) would be too long for the destination folder...". I Have followed articles provide a...
  10. AcroTray.exe is automatically run when I copy path in File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AcroTray.exe is automatically run when I copy path in File Explorer: Somehow I figured out that when I press Copy path button in File Explorer, the AcroTray.exe is automatically run. I can't understand the connection between these two events. How to get rid of this thing?...