Windows 10: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer

Discus and support Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer

How to: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer

How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer in Windows 10

Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer [​IMG]
    Information Keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as favorites in Internet Explorer. The favorites bar is a toolbar in Internet Explorer that you can also add your favorite websites you visit frequently on to make opening them faster and more convenient.

This tutorial will show you how to import favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer for your account in Windows 10.

Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer [​IMG]
    Note Starting in in Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10565 and Windows 10 TH2 version 10511 build 10568, your favorites and favorites bar in Microsoft Edge are now stored in an ESE database file in the DataStore folder at the location below.

Code:

Here's How:

1. Export your favorites from Microsoft Edge to a .htm file.

2. Import the .htm file to Internet Explorer.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 10, 2016
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Can't Import Internet Explorer Favorites into Edge

Vardhaman,

I'm having the same problem importing favorites from Internet Explorer. Your answer totally ignores his question.

"Please make sure you are following correct steps to import favorites."

• Select More actions (...) > Settings.
      (STOP: At this point EDGE says: ""couldn't import favorites", so we CANNOT GO TO STEP 2)
    • Select Import favorites from another browser and choose from the list.
    • To see your favorites, select Hub > Favorites.
    Kenny

KennethMeeks, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Curtis RR Win User

Can't Import Internet Explorer Favorites into Edge

As stated in my original posted question, I am trying to import favorites to Edge from Internet Explorer.

I already had followed the steps you referenced and it did not work. So, again, can you explain why Edge is not importing the Favorites from Internet Explorer when I follow the import steps that you reference?

Curtis RR, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Importing Favorites from Internet Explorer to Edge

Hi David,

If the steps that you're trying to perform did not push through, we recommend trying the steps below to import Favorites from Internet Explorer:

• Launch Microsoft Edge.
    • Open Settings located at the top right corner of the window.
    • Select View favorites settings under Favorites.
    • Turn on Show the favorites bar.
    • Check Internet Explorer.
    • Click Import.

Refer to the screenshot:

Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer 54cd34c4-e96e-47ac-ba67-9a5aa970bc2a.png

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Mohan B P Win User
    How to import favorites from Internet Explorer to Edge?

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the favorites in Edge browser, let me assist you.

If you delete favorites in Internet Explorer, you cannot import the deleted favorites into Edge, but if there are any favorites in Internet Explorer, you can import them into Edge browser.

For further information on how to import favorites to Edge, I suggest you to refer to the below article on
    Import favorites in Microsoft Edge.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...a2413ce94e/import-favorites-in-microsoft-edge

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer - Similar Threads - Import Favorites Microsoft

2. Transfering favorites from Internet Explore to edge

in Browsers and Email
    Transfering favorites from Internet Explore to edge: How can I Transfer favorites from Internet Explore to edge? 175754
  3. Having trouble importing Favorites into Microsoft Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Having trouble importing Favorites into Microsoft Edge.: Hi. I'm trying to import all my currentbookmarks from I.E. Explorer into ME. Google Chrome was the source of my initial bookmarks. Here are the steps I performed. 1. Went to Google Chrome bookmarkmanager, exported a HTML file of my new bookmarks. 2. Launched Internet...
  4. Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11: I have posted this question/complaint on another thread, but I have been locked out. So I'll try again. Why can't Microsoft fix the Edge import process to reliably import all favorites from IE 11? I have tried all the workarounds including copying the IE 11 favorites to the...
  5. Import favorites in Edge from Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Import favorites in Edge from Chrome: Hi, I am admin om my computer with Windows 10. My wife is second user. We both have accounts on Google and use chrome. I am logged in and open Edge to import favorites from Chrome. I get my wifes chrome favorites from her google account, and not my own??? This happens...
  6. Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: How to: Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to...
  7. Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Chrome. The bookmarks bar...
  8. Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Firefox. The bookmarks...
  9. Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Firefox. The...
  10. Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Chrome. The...