Windows 10: Set Save Location for Library in Windows 10

Discus and support Set Save Location for Library in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Set Save Location for Library in Windows 10 How to Set Default and Public Save Location of Library in Windows 10 [img] Information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Set Save Location for Library in Windows 10

How to: Set Save Location for Library in Windows 10

How to Set Default and Public Save Location of Library in Windows 10

Set Save Location for Library in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Libraries gather folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. You can include folders and drives to a library as you like.

A library's default save location determines which included folder an item will be stored to when you copy, move, or save it to the library.

A library's public save location determines which included folder an item will be stored to when users or homegroups that you set to share the library with copy, move, or save the item to the library.

This tutorial will show you how to set a default save location and public save location of a library for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Set Default and Public Save Location of Library using Manage Library Tools
    • Option Two: To Set Default and Public Save Location of Library using Library Properties
    • Option Three: To Set Default and Public Save Location of Library using File Explorer Ribbon

OPTION ONE [/i] To Set Default and Public Save Location of Library using Manage Library Tools
    1. In File Explorer, and select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to set the save locations for.

2. Click/tap on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click/tap on the Manage library button in the ribbon. (see screenshots below)

3. Do step 4 or step 5 below for which save location you want to set.

4. To Set Default Save Location of Library
    A) Right click or press and hold on an step 6 below. (see screenshot below step 5)

5. To Set Public Save Location of Library
    A) Right click or press and hold on an step 6 below. (see screenshot below)

6. When finished, click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Set Default and Public Save Location of Library using Library Properties
    1. In File Explorer, right click or press and hold on a library (ex: Videos) you want to set the save locations for, and click/tap on Properties. (see screenshot below)

2. Do step 3 or step 4 below for which save location you want to set.

3. To Set Default Save Location of Library
    A) Select an included folder, click/tap on Set save location button, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshots below)

4. To Set Public Save Location of Library
    A) Select an included folder, click/tap on Set public save location button, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshots below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Set Default and Public Save Location of Library using File Explorer Ribbon
    1. In File Explorer, and select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to set the save locations for.

2. Do step 3 or step 4 below for which save location you want to set.

3. To Set Default Save Location of Library
    A) Click/tap on the Library Tools Manage tab, click/tap on the Set save location button in the ribbon, and click/tap on an included folder. (see screenshot below)

4. To Set Public Save Location of Library
    A) Click/tap on the Library Tools Manage tab, click/tap on the Set save location button in the ribbon, click/tap on Set public save location, and click/tap on an included folder. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 1, 2016
  2. tfwul Win User

Thanks. One minor thing: it may be worthwhile to add a line that, before proceeding to do anything, users should select any folder or file.

If Explorer is launched and starts at 'Quick Access' then Library Manager won't show up.
    I, myself, started wondering why on the site Library Tools Manager was displayed whereas it wasn't in my Explorer, until I discovered I should indeed select some 'real folder'.
    (and under 'View->Navigation Pane' - Show Libraries should be tagged)

Again - minor tip only...

tfwul, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User

Hello tfwul,

Sorry. It was assumed that Libraries would have already been set to show by the user, but I added a tutorial link in the steps for those that didn't. Set Save Location for Library in Windows 10 :)

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
  6. Brink Win User
    Libraries......do I need them??

Hello kevster, Set Save Location for Library in Windows 10 :)

It really depends on your needs and wants for if you need libraries.

Libraries can make it easier to save and access files from one location (library) that are actually saved in other locations.

If you like, here are some tutorials below for more on how to use and set libraries to see if you may want to use them or not.

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Set Save Location for Library in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Set Save Location

2. set your default save location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    set your default save location.: We couldn’t set your default save location.The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit.The error code is 0x80070005, in case you need it.I have tried a lot of things but nothing will work I'm trying to download some Xbox games. but it wont work on my...
  3. set your default save location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    set your default save location.: We couldn’t set your default save location.The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit.The error code is 0x80070005, in case you need it.I have tried a lot of things but nothing will work I'm trying to download some Xbox games. but it wont work on my...
  4. Cannot set default save location.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot set default save location.: I tried to innstall forza 4 from xbox app on windows 10 on my G: drive and it said that i had to change the default save location for games so i press it and chose the G: drive for apps and it said i had to delete other apps so i pressed yes. i then said that i cant set my...
  5. Save location not showing in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save location not showing in settings: I wanted to change my default drive and where the application get installed but it turns out i dont have the save location thing[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-location-not-showing-in-settings/ff2c582b-cd7b-42e4-a8db-f7fbf375f219
  6. Windows 10 save as location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 save as location: I was hoping you could help me out what may seem a small issue it is a big help to me at work. I have just upgraded my PC at work which is running fine but but one thing it is missing is that my old PC running the same windows 10 pro used to allow me to save a document,...
  7. How to set default save locations

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set default save locations: How to set oe change default save locations MS Win 10 e.g. Pictures & Documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-default-save-locations/33862145-e205-4325-baa6-eab1f26c22b6
  8. Setting default save location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting default save location?: I have a friend who is asking me for some help with her computer. It's a fairly basic issue but I'm afraid I don't know the answer so I thought I'd try here. Some of her programs are saving to OneDrive, otherwise known as The Cloud. She strongly prefers to save to her own...
  9. Setting default locations for libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting default locations for libraries: Hi, I have 3 drives total, and have tried to set the default locations of all the libraries (documents, pictures etc) to a drive that is not the OS one. These are my drives: [img] I want the libraries on (G:) instead of (C:). [img] I went onto...
  10. Set save location for Library - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set save location for Library - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Set save location for Library - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Set save location to Context Menu of Libraries in Windows 10 [img] Information default save location and public save location for the library. A library's default save location...