Windows 10: PIN - Add in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

Discus and support PIN - Add in Windows 10 Mobile Phones in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: PIN - Add in Windows 10 Mobile Phones How to Add a PIN to your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a PIN (Personal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 24, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

PIN - Add in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

How to: PIN - Add in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

How to Add a PIN to your Windows 10 Mobile Phone

PIN - Add in Windows 10 Mobile Phones [​IMG]
    Information You can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to your phone, apps, and services.

This tutorial will show you how to add a PIN to your Windows 10 Mobile phone.

Note In Windows 10 Mobile, when a user enters their PIN code wrong four times, the user will be prompted with a new screen asking them to enter the challenge phrase "A1B2C3." The user is not given another attempt at the passcode until the this challenge phrase is entered, effectively putting a stop any future accidental or purposeful attempts to enter it wrong. If the user were to enter the challenge phrase correctly and proceed to incorrectly enter the wrong PIN once more, the phone will lock and require a restart.

EXAMPLE: Sign in with PIN on Windows 10 Phone

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and tap on Accounts. (see screenshot below)

2. Tap on Sign-in options. (see screenshot below)

3. Tap on the Add button under PIN. (see screenshot below)

4. Enter your Microsoft account password, and tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

5. Enter at least a minimum 4 digit PIN number you want, and tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

6. You have now added a PIN to your phone.

7. Select when should your Windows 10 phone require you to sign in again under Require sign-in. (see screenshots below)

8. If you like, tap on the Start button at the bottom of your phone to go back to your Start screen. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 24, 2016
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 26, 2019
  3. xinlifoss Win User
    Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

thanks for the tip. yes, the phone did ask if I wanted to set a pin. I tried my tests with the pin set and without a pin set. no difference.

it took a while, but I finally got this new update installed.

alas, same pathology:
    • with a local Device Encryption toggled On, no dialog, no change in Storage status
    • with an activesync policy from Google Sync (Google for Work), the Requires Encryption policy is ignored by the device, so the toggle remains Off, yet the device seems to be reporting back to the server that encryption is activated because the data is syncing with the servers
    • with a native Office Enterprise that has a Requires Encryption policy, the settings toggle is moved to On and greyed out so the user cannot disable, the data is syncing immediately, yet the Storage settings do not indicate that the device is encrypted.

last thing. with windows 8.1r2, the Office Enterprise did seem to set the encryption correctly.

still puzzled.

xinlifoss, Oct 26, 2019
  4. PIN - Add in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

lorraine walsh, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Winuser Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

PIN - Add in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

1. PIN - Add in Windows 10 Mobile Phones - Similar Threads - PIN Add Mobile

2. mobile phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mobile phone: why i cant remove the phone in my phone app in win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-phone/d7016bbe-70cf-4a38-b11c-8ae6269cfac2
  3. Add a Mobile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add a Mobile: The latest Windows 10 Security updates now say that I can Add my phone so that I can start to write an email etc and then continue on my PC, but when I try to Add my phone all I get is "Something went wrong". Any ideas.?...
  4. Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Use Find My Device for Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information It's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone. Whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions, Find My Phone can help lay...
  5. Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot on a Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a mobile hotspot with your Windows 10 Mobile phone to share your cellular data connection with other...
  6. Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Reset your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Resetting your Windows 10 Mobile phone will return it to the same state it was in the first time you turned it on. All your personal content stored on the phone will be...
  7. Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Block or Unblock Phone Numbers on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can block unwanted calls on your Windows 10 Mobile phone by adding phone numbers to your block list. If a blocked...
  8. PIN - Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PIN - Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Phones: How to: PIN - Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Phones How to Reset the PIN on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to your phone, apps, and...
  9. PIN - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PIN - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phones: How to: PIN - Change in Windows 10 Mobile Phones How to Change the PIN on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to your phone, apps,...
  10. PIN - Remove in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PIN - Remove in Windows 10 Mobile Phones: How to: PIN - Remove in Windows 10 Mobile Phones How to Remove PIN from your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to your phone, apps, and...