Windows 10: Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Windows 10 When you press the Caps Lock, Num... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Windows 10

When you press the Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock keys on your keyboard, it will toggle turning on and off Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to hear a tone when you press the Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock toggle keys for your account in Windows 10.

Contents
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Control Panel
    • Option Three: To Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Toggle Keys

Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Settings
    1 Open the Settings app, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

2 Click/tap on Keyboard on the left side, and turn on or off (default) to Play a sound whenever you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock for what you want under Use Toggle Keys on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3 When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Control Panel
    1 Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Ease of Access Center icon.

2 Click/tap on either the Make the keyboard easier to use or Make it easier to focus on tasks settings link. (see screenshot below)

3 Check (on) or uncheck (off - default) Turn on Toggle Keys for what you want set, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone using a REG file
    The downloadable .reg files below will modify the string value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\ToggleKeys

Flags string value

58 = off
    59 = on

1 Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2 To Turn On Toggle Keys Tone
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_Toggle_Keys_Tone.reg

Download

3 To Turn Off Toggle Keys Tone
    This is the default setting.

A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_Toggle_Keys_Tone.reg

Download

4 Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5 Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7 sign in to apply.

8 You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 12, 2016

2. To Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone

Hi Marcela,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you have an issue with sound on toggle keys, I suggest you to change the toggle keys settings
    and check.

Steps:

• Press Windows key from keyboard and type
      Toggle.
    • Select Hear a tone while pressing Caps lock, Num lock and Scroll lock.
    • Under Toggle keys, change the settings and check.

If the issue still persists, Run troubleshooter from
    Fix sound problems and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2019
  3. No Toggle Keys tone

Since my computer did the latest Windows upgrade (to version 1709 - which incidentally took several hours!) I have lost the tone to Toggle Keys. I've checked the settings, they're still right, the volume is not turned down or muted, just no longer get
    a tone. I wonder if it's related to the lack of headphone sound - haven't had any sound out of the headphone jack since I upgraded to Windows 10. Anyone got any suggestions?

leilachester, Oct 26, 2019
  4. bro67 Win User

bro67, Oct 26, 2019
  5. To Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone

To Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone are not working, they use to work before. The speakers and sound card are working perfectly.

MarcelaGarcia Gonzalez, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Toggle

2. how to turn on/off toggle in lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn on/off toggle in lock screen: how to set toggle on/off in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-onoff-toggle-in-lock-screen/c0f3ac34-1fb9-4d6a-b2cb-997516b83226
  3. how to turn on/off toggle in lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to turn on/off toggle in lock screen: how to set toggle on/off in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-onoff-toggle-in-lock-screen/c0f3ac34-1fb9-4d6a-b2cb-997516b83226
  4. 3-tone notification sound - how to turn it off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    3-tone notification sound - how to turn it off?: About 5 days ago I started hearing a 3-tone notification sound I'm guessing it's a Windows tone - I have Windows 10 about every minute. There's no visual indication as to what the notification is for. I don't use speakers just headphones when I want to watch YouTube, Amazon...
  5. Windows 10 - assign bluetooth on/off toggle to macro key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - assign bluetooth on/off toggle to macro key: Hey guys, im here to ask for help to get me some knowledge... ...on how to switch on/off my bluetooth connection to a headphone. More likely i wanna know how it would be possible, if then, to me to toggle some things on/off, or just how to get used to follow a part of the...
  6. Windows 10 Assign bluetooth on/off toggle to macro key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Assign bluetooth on/off toggle to macro key: Hi all, I have a laptop which includes a few macro keys on the keyboard. I'd like to know how I can assign the bluetooth on/off toggle command to one of these macro keys. For example, on one macro key I've assigned the shortcut "leftwindows+A" to open the support assist...
  7. Shortcut key to toggle WiFi on/off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut key to toggle WiFi on/off: Whenever i enter a cafe i turn on the WiFi by clicking the icon, afterwards i close it the same way. Is there a way to make a combination of keys to toggle it? 129601
  8. Shortcut key to toggle WiFi on/off

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut key to toggle WiFi on/off: Whenever i enter a cafe i turn on the WiFi by clicking the icon, afterwards i close it the same way. Is there a way to make a combination of keys to toggle it? 129601
  9. Toggle to turn Bluetooth On or Off is missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Toggle to turn Bluetooth On or Off is missing in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows 10 has always included support for Bluetooth hardware. Well, this support has been here for a while now. And with support for the latest version of Bluetooth 5.0 LE, it keeps getting even better. But at times some users have [...] This post Toggle to turn...
  10. Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off: How to: Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off How to Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or...