Windows 10: Add 3D Effects to Images and Videos in Windows 10 Photos app

Discus and support Add 3D Effects to Images and Videos in Windows 10 Photos app in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add 3D Effects to Images and Videos in Windows 10 Photos app How to Add 3D Effects to Images and Videos in Windows 10 Photos app The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by gator, Apr 19, 2015.

1. gator Win User

Add 3D Effects to Images and Videos in Windows 10 Photos app

How to: Add 3D Effects to Images and Videos in Windows 10 Photos app

How to Add 3D Effects to Images and Videos in Windows 10 Photos app

The Photos app included in Windows 10 is a universal app that allows you to enjoy, organize, edit, and share all your digital memories. It brings together photos and videos from all your devices, enhances them to make great photos even better, and organizes them into beautiful albums for you.

The Photos app comes with a set of 3D effects like a swarm of butterflies, lightning, or a fireball that you can add to your images and videos to customize them how you like.

This tutorial will show you how to add 3D effects to an image or video using the Photos app in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: 3D effects added to image using Photos app

Here's How:

1. Open an image or video (ex: .mp4) you want to crop in the Photos app.

2. Click/tap on the Edit & Create button on the toolbar and click/tap on Add 3D effects. (see screenshots below)

*note You can also right click or press and hold on the image, click/tap on Edit & create, and click/tap on Add 3D effects.

Add 3D Effects to Images and Videos in Windows 10 Photos app [​IMG]

3. Do step 4 (effects) and/or step 5 (3D library) below for what you would like to add.

4. To Add Effects to Image or Video
    A) Click/tap on the Effects tab in the flyout, and click/tap on an effect (ex: "Atomic motion") you want to add. (see screenshot below)

B) Adjust the volume level and any other available options the selected effect (ex: "Atomic motion") may have. (see screenshot below)

*note Moving the volume slider all the way to the left will mute the audio for the effect.

C) Adjust the position, size, and rotation of the effect to how you want it on your image or video.
    • To adjust the position, move the pointer to the center of the effect on your image or video until the pointer turns into four arrows, left click or press and hold, drag the effect to where you want on the image or video, and release.
    • To adjust the size, drag the corner dots to how you want.
    • To adjust the rotation, left click or press and hold on one of the rotation buttons

for the effect on your image or video, adjust the rotation to how you want it.
    D) Adjust the start and end sliders to when you want the effect to start and end playing in the video timeline at the bottom.

E) Click/tap on the Play button to see how your effect looks, and make any adjustments as needed.

*note If you change your mind and want to remove this effect, you can click/tap on the Delete button in this effect's options in the flyout.

F) When finished customizing this effect, go to step 6 below.

5. To Add Object from 3D Library to Image or Video
    A) Click/tap on the 3D library tab in the flyout, and click/tap on an object (ex: "Retro UFO") you want to add. (see screenshot below)

B) Select the animation (ex: "Hover") you want for this object (ex: "Retro UFO") in the Quick animations drop down menu. (see screenshot below)

*note The available animations will vary per object in the 3D library.

C) Adjust the volume level to what you want.

*note Moving the volume slider all the way to the left will mute the audio for the object.

D) Adjust the position, size, and rotation of the 3D object to how you want it on your image or video.
    • To adjust the position, move the pointer to the center of the object on your image or video until the pointer turns into four arrows, left click or press and hold, drag the object to where you want on the image or video, and release.
    • To adjust the size, drag the corner dots to how you want.
    • To adjust the rotation, left click or press and hold on one of the rotation buttons

for the object on your image or video, adjust the rotation to how you want it.
    E) Adjust the start and end sliders to when you want the object to start and end playing in the video timeline at the bottom.

F) Click/tap on the Play button to see how your object looks, and make any adjustments as needed.

*note If you change your mind and want to remove this 3D object, you can click/tap on the Delete button in this object's options in the flyout.

G) When finished customizing this 3D object, go to step 6 below.

6. Repeat step 4 (effects) or step 5 (3D library) above if you would like to add more effects or 3D objects to your image or video.

7. When finished, click/tap on the Save a copy button in the flyout. (see screenshot below)

8. Navigate to where you want to save your creation to, type a name for the .mp4 video file, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

9. You can now close the Photos app if you like. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

gator, Apr 19, 2015
  2. Brink Win User

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. NiravD Win User
    How to apply same filters, text, motion, 3D effects to all photos while creating video of it in Photos App?

I am making birthday video for my kid. I have 50 photos and a song with length of 4 mins.

Now I want "Happy Birthday" written at bottom of screen for entire duration of song. I see that currently I'll have to do that for each and every photo.

Also what if I want other filters, motion, 3D effects same for entire duration of song?

Doing that for all 50 photos would be pain... any suggestions plz?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Microsoft Store.

NiravD, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Add 3D Effects to Images and Videos in Windows 10 Photos app

Windows Photo app is not able to read 3d effects Photo gif animation

3d effects Photo Windows 10 Pro was working but after last update the finished gif is corrupt. The file is purple lines?

***Modified title from: 3d effects Photo was working but afrter last update the finished gif is corrupt. The file is purple lines? ***

Melodygirl, Oct 27, 2019
  5. NateSug Win User
    Photo Effects Editor

Hello, I recently had an issue with the 3D Effects Editor where once I add a 3D effect, the audio for the effects doesn't save. So, I pull up the Photos app, click on a video, then click "Add a 3D Effect", then enter the effects editor and I start adding
    effects. Then, once I finalize the video, all of the effects have no audio, and I made sure the volume for the effects was turned on. I tried resetting and repairing the app, running diagnostics, checking for updates, its still having issues. Does anyone know
    how to fix this?

NateSug, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Ralph Sta Win User
    Photo Effects Editor

Hi Nate,

Your Windows Photo app might be corrupted that's why it's not working as intended. Since you already tried to reset the app to no effect, reinstalling the app might do the trick. Kindly follow the steps below on how to reinstall the Windows Photo app:

A. First you need to uninstall the Photo app using PowerShell:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows + X.
    2. Select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    3. Copy and paste this command: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    4. Press Enter.
    5. Restart your device for it to take effect.

B. Install the Microsoft Photo app.

1. Launch the Windows Store.
    2. On the search bar, type Microsoft Photo.
    3. Press Enter.
    4. Download and install the app.

Afterwards, try to recreate your 3D Effect. If the issue persist. Please provide us your Windows build and version for us to provide more possible solutions:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows + R.
    2. Type winver, and press Enter.
    3. Then, provide us the build and version of your Windows.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Ralph Sta, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Add 3D Effects to Images and Videos in Windows 10 Photos app - Similar Threads - Add Effects Images

2. How to add custom 3d effect in Microsoft Photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add custom 3d effect in Microsoft Photos?: Hi, I want to add an audio spectrum 3d effect to my photos. But unfortunately, there are no such 3d effects in the photos app. How do I download it from google and add it to the Microsoft photos app?...
  3. How to add custom 3d effect in Microsoft Photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add custom 3d effect in Microsoft Photos?: Hi, I want to add an audio spectrum 3d effect to my photos. But unfortunately, there are no such 3d effects in the photos app. How do I download it from google and add it to the Microsoft photos app?...
  4. Video Editor in Photo App does not create bright colors for 3D-effects

Video Editor in Photo App does not create bright colors for 3D-effects: HiI am using Windows Photos App Microsoft Foton 2021.21070.22007.0 for creating videos. When inserting a 3D effect like the birthday balloons the colors are not as bright as before anymore. What might be the reason for that?Before it looked like this:Now it looks like this:...
  5. Windows Photo 3d Effects

Windows Photo 3d Effects: I was editing and creating a video and noticed that that the 3d effects are limited to only 3 choices, confetti, lens sparkles and snow. The others are no longer available. Is this a mistake or are these effects just gone now? I was having a blast with all the effects so its...
  6. 3d effects in photos not showiing

3d effects in photos not showiing: where are the 3d effects in photos. Pls, tell me how to get them back. I need an answer urgently.I have to create a video .plsss https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-effects-in-photos-not-showiing/d9e719cc-7fc9-4e7c-abd6-057046a6dffe
  7. Most 3d effects in windows photos app missing.

Most 3d effects in windows photos app missing.: Only three of the so many 3d effects are available while making videos. The other effects like balloons, lasers, and breaking news have disappeared, only confetti, lens sparkles, and snow remain. I've tried repairing, resetting, uninstalling and reinstalling but it's still...
  8. How to add motion effect to all pictures in video - windows 10 photo app

How to add motion effect to all pictures in video - windows 10 photo app: Hi Can someone explain how i do this? I have created some videos with pictures in Microsoft Windows 10 photo app and I would like to add motion effect on them. Instead of opening each picture to set it, is it not possible to select all the pictures at once and have some...
  9. 3d effects have become limited in photos app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    3d effects have become limited in photos app: I have previously made a few videos with the photo app and used 3D characters as well as the effects. However, for the past week these 3D characters have become strangely limited. For example where before I did a search for say cats or aeroplanes, around 100 characters would...
  10. add previous versions' 3d effects ?

in Windows 10 Support
    add previous versions' 3d effects ?: hi, i've just upgraded from win7 to win10. i really hate the completely flat look of the windows, not only does it seem like a major step back 30 years in time, it's difficult to see where the borders of the windows end and other things on the screen begin. is there...