Windows 10: Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome

Discus and support Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome How to Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome You can customize extensions from the Chrome Web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome

How to: Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome

How to Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome

You can customize extensions from the Chrome Web Store.

This tutorial will show you how to uninstall an extension to remove it from Google Chrome for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Uninstall an Extension in Google Chrome from Extension's Icon
    • Option Two: Uninstall an Extension in Google Chrome from Extensions Page

OPTION ONE [/i] Uninstall an Extension in Google Chrome from Extension's Icon
    1. Open Google Chrome.

2. To the right of the address bar, look for the icon of the extension you want to uninstall. Right click or press and hold on the icon, and click/tap on Remove from Chrome. (see screenshot below)

*note The extension's icon will only be available if the extension is currently turned on (enabled).

Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome [​IMG]

3. Click/tap on Remove to confirm. (see screenshot below)

*note If you need to report the extension for abuse, check the Report abuse box before you click/tap on Remove.

OPTION TWO [/i] Uninstall an Extension in Google Chrome from Extensions Page
    1. Open Google Chrome.
    2. Click/tap on the Customize and control Google Chrome (More)
    button, click/tap on More tools, and click/tap on Extensions. (see screenshot below)

*tip If you like, you could also enter chrome://extensions into the address bar of Chrome and press Enter to directly open to the Extensions settings.

3. Click/tap on the Remove button for the extension you want to uninstall. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Remove to confirm. (see screenshot below)

*note If you need to report the extension for abuse, check the Report abuse box before you click/tap on Remove.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 10, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome

Internet Download Manager extension is flagged in Google Chrome.

Hi Frank,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how difficult it could be and we truly appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to research and work on this issue. However, we would suggest you to follow steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Google Chrome icon (shortcut icon) and choose
      Properties.
    2. Go to Shortcut tab.
    3. Copy and paste the following parameter in the text box across the
      Target field.

-enable-easy-off-store-extension-install

Please refer picture below.

Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome d43abd23-452a-4c3b-bdff-a225e56facea?upload=true.png

4. Then try adding the extension and check if it resolves the issue.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you post your query in

Google Chrome support Forums
    for better assistance.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Google chrome extension

Hello Matthew,

The Skype extension for Google Chrome allows you to use certain functionality of Skype while browsing the web with Google Chrome. With the Skype extension enabled, you can quickly access Skype for Web and Share on Skype through your browser as an example.

For more information regarding the Skype extension for Google Chrome, please visit:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34612/what-i...

I hope this helps, let us know if you require any further assistance. Thank you.

BravoMan21, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Arul_D Win User
    Google Chrome not working windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome

1. Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Uninstall Extensions Google

2. Google Chrome Extensions crash at startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome Extensions crash at startup.: Every time, when I start my PC after Doscprd and Spotify are started there are little pop-ups on the bottom right, that my Chrome Extensions (AdBlockPlus, Honey and TeleParty) crashed. WIth latest updates installed. Hardware is: Ryzen 5 3600X 2x8GB 3600MHz DDR4 RTX 2070...
  3. Google Chrome Extensions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome Extensions: I'm using Google Chrome for my browser. I keep receiving a notice to "protect your browser" by installing an extension. Does Google control the extensions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/google-chrome-extensions/85f3af18-4ea5-4fc1-9148-ef8fbe344fdb
  4. Uninstall Google Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uninstall Google Chrome: How do you uninstall google chrome when I try, it says I have to turnoff all google apps. when none are turned on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-google-chrome/7061abc6-7e6e-44cf-bd38-1fbce5c982e1
  5. Problem with Chrome extensions (by Google) in Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Chrome extensions (by Google) in Edge: Hi! Does anyone know how to get extensions from Google (Save to Keep, Drive) working? I have no problems with other extensions but these keep asking me to log in and I already am. Message is: You must sign in to use the Google Keep Chrome Extension. submitted by...
  6. Google Chrome Uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome Uninstall: I can't uninstall Google chrome when I try a message keeps popping up saying I "Need to close all pages open in Google Chrome" before it will uninstall and I have nothing open?...
  7. Manually installing Google chrome extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Manually installing Google chrome extensions: If you activated the developer mode on Google Chrome and then change the file extension from .Crx to .zip you Could install an extension outside of the google store. With Google Chrome version 73 it appears you can’t do this anymore. Do you guys know if Google Chrome change...
  8. Using Google Chrome Extensions in firefox?

in Browsers and Email
    Using Google Chrome Extensions in firefox?: Firefox says they're working on webextension support for their addons, potentially letting users install google chrome extensions on firefox for cross-compatibility or something, which is why I would really like to use the improvedtube chrome extension in firefox (its stupid...
  9. Install Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Extensions in Google Chrome: How to: Install Extensions in Google Chrome How to Install Extensions in Google Chrome You can customize Google Chrome and add features and functionality by adding extensions from the Chrome Web Store. This tutorial will show you how to install an extension to add it...
  10. Skype extension update for Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Skype extension update for Google Chrome: At Skype, we’re constantly working to develop new ways to help you make connections with friends, family and coworkers easy and natural. With this in mind, we are expanding our Skype extension for Google Chrome to enable Skype integration across more of the online tools...