Windows 10: XD card undetectable

Discus and support XD card undetectable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I still have an older Fuji camera that uses now-obsolete XD cards. I have a multi-0format memory card reader that has slots for CF, SD, mini-SD and XD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by battlezone, Feb 5, 2018.

1. XD card undetectable

I still have an older Fuji camera that uses now-obsolete XD cards. I have a multi-0format memory card reader that has slots for CF, SD, mini-SD and XD cards. This card reader works fine on two Macs that I have available, but I can't get Windows 10 to see any card in this card reader.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you what brand and model card reader I have, since the branding has worn off.

I have run Troubleshooting on the PC, and it did not help.

Any advice how to access the XD card on the PC? Can you recommend an XD card reader that is known to work with Windows 10?

:)

battlezone, Feb 5, 2018

2. XD Card Erased by computer

I received a prompt that there was an error in the drive where I had plugged my camera in to upload photos I said yes for it to fix the error only for it to delete about 400+ photos and rewrite my XD card so that I had to reformat it in my camera. I
    think I know the answer, but is there ANY way to get the erased photos back?

Lauren_567, Feb 5, 2018
  3. XD picture card drivers.

I have Acer Aspire V3-772G

In windows 8.1 notebook Internal card reader read OLYMPUS XD-PictureCard very well.

I update my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

After that, I Installed all new x64 drivers from Acer support site to my notebook, incl. Card reader driver.

After Windows 10 installation, windows don't see the OLYMPUS XD-PictureCard in card reader.

All other cards SD, microSD - read.

What i can do with OLYMPUS XD-PictureCard ?

Jurijs Kozlovs, Feb 5, 2018
  4. Kbird Win User

XD card undetectable

You didnt put it in the SD Slot in the Reader did you ? ( since your labels are gone)
    I think XD cards are a bit thinner? been 10 years since I've seen one.....

Can't you hook the Camera Direct to the Computer instead? ( it should act like a Flash Drive )

I have A USB3 Card Reader from Vention ( from Amazon) that has a XD slot but I don't have an XD Card to test in Win10, the TF , SD and CF Slots all work fine , though.

Kbird, Feb 6, 2018
  5. As I said, I used a card reader. It's only the XD card Windows doesn't see.

The Fuji camera is defective (It's 13 years old).

When I google the problem with Windows 10 and XD cards, I see lots of posts and no solutions.

I can and will use a Mac to get the data off the card, but I thought there may a solution for doing this on the PC.

battlezone, Feb 6, 2018
  6. Kbird Win User
    Even if the Camera doesn't work as a Camera , it may still work as a USB Drive ? or did you try that?

Its a strange issue since my new USB Carder Reader has a xD slot , so I just assumed Win10 could read them....

***one reviewer says it allowed him to access his old Olympus xD Card
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/customer-re...SIN=B072KVV19P

Defective Card maybe?

Kbird, Feb 6, 2018
  7. The card works fine on an iMac and on a MacBook that I have available. The camera also has a CF card slot and that works, so I'm pretty sure the fault is with the XD card slot and not with the camera itself.

Thanks for the link, I may get that card reader. Although I suspect, snagging one of the Macs I have access to will be easier.

battlezone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

XD card undetectable

1. XD card undetectable - Similar Threads - card undetectable

2. VR connection ideas with this setup? - Related to video card I think

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    VR connection ideas with this setup? - Related to video card I think: I was going to put this topic in accessories, but I think the technical side relates more to video processing: I'll get right to the point because I'm getting a ton of different contrasting answers searching the net. I'm using an MSI Z87-G45 GAMING board. I want to buy the...
  3. Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070: I updated to windows 11 and my graphic card somehow downgraded its OpenGL supported version to version 1.1I have an NVIDIA GTX 1070 that should support OpenGL 4.2. But somehow is stuck on 1.1 I installed the latest driver updates for my graphic card. Still only supports...
  4. Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070: I updated to windows 11 and my graphic card somehow downgraded its OpenGL supported version to version 1.1I have an NVIDIA GTX 1070 that should support OpenGL 4.2. But somehow is stuck on 1.1 I installed the latest driver updates for my graphic card. Still only supports...
  5. Solution for Windows 11 BSOD Error on NETWTW10.SYS error, Intel Wifi 6e network card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solution for Windows 11 BSOD Error on NETWTW10.SYS error, Intel Wifi 6e network card: I previously reported a Windows 11 Pro x64 BSOD error on NETWTW10.SYS error after upgrading the Wi-Fi network card in my MSI Katana 15 B13VEK-277US laptop. The laptop came with the Intel AX201NGW Wi-Fi 5 network card and it ran without any errors or problems. Each time I...
  6. Solution for Windows 11 BSOD Error on NETWTW10.SYS error, Intel Wifi 6e network card

Solution for Windows 11 BSOD Error on NETWTW10.SYS error, Intel Wifi 6e network card: I previously reported a Windows 11 Pro x64 BSOD error on NETWTW10.SYS error after upgrading the Wi-Fi network card in my MSI Katana 15 B13VEK-277US laptop. The laptop came with the Intel AX201NGW Wi-Fi 5 network card and it ran without any errors or problems. Each time I...
  7. Every time I download a large file, my pc always comes up with an error on the WiFi card

Every time I download a large file, my pc always comes up with an error on the WiFi card: Title, it either says that the default gateway isn’t accessible, or that the diagnostics policy service isn’t running, and I’ve turned off the thing in the settings that allows windows to turn it off to save power, and I’ve checked that my drivers are updated....
  8. graphics card undetectable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    graphics card undetectable: last year i have added an extra 128 gb ssd to my laptop , they had to remove the cd drive , after that my system is no detecting my graphics card neither my amd software[Moderator Edit: Moved from Community Participation Centre]...
  9. graphics card undetectable

graphics card undetectable: last year i have added an extra 128 gb ssd to my laptop , they had to remove the cd drive , after that my system is no detecting my graphics card neither my amd software[Moderator Edit: Moved from Community Participation Centre]...
  10. Undetected Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Undetected Graphics Card: hi, my name is Angus, I tried to connect a monitor recently and it said there was no signal, I also tried to look for my graphics cardintegrated but I couldn't find it. could I have some help, please?...