Windows 10: Xfinity Wifi showing up in my routers available internet connections ?

Discus and support Xfinity Wifi showing up in my routers available internet connections ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently found that "xfinity wifi" is showing up in my available internet access list as an openly available option. I have comcast xfinity hi speed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by provlima, Sep 20, 2016.

1. provlima Win User

Xfinity Wifi showing up in my routers available internet connections ?

I recently found that "xfinity wifi" is showing up in my available internet access list as an openly available option.
    I have comcast xfinity hi speed internet as my internet provider but have never had it show up on the routers available connections list before. The home network I set up years ago has a different name.

I am puzzled why this free open network has suddenly appeared in the list. As it requires no password I think there is a possibility its use might present a security risk
    Is this a new Xfinity feature??

:)

provlima, Sep 20, 2016
  2. RonBueing Win User

Windows 10 No "WiFi" Option

I am connected to the internet via an Ethernet connection. I need to access my WiFi network, but no WiFi option shows up in Network & Internet list on the left hand side of the page and the only available network showing is to my **** Router which is connected
    by Ethernet. The wireless router is working and several other devices are connected, but I cannot see the wireless network on my computer and it has a wireless card. When we set up the router at first it would only connect via wireless and not by Ethernet.
    I wanted the Ethernet connection for the desktop computer for the speed, so we disabled the wireless during the set up of the router. The wireless now does not even show up to be enabled. Any ideas.

RonBueing, Sep 20, 2016
  3. Ruth 801 Win User
    hidden WiFi connection

How do I find and remove hidden Xfinity WiFi Connection on Windows 10 Desktop. Xfinity isn't part of my network. I keep getting a "Can't connect to the Internet" message. When I troubleshoot my Network Connection I'm told I have an unsecured Xfinity WiFi
    connection. How do I remove it?

rbs

Ruth 801, Sep 20, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

This poor horse has been beaten up so badly, that there is nothing left. It states in the TOS for Comcast regarding this service. It is a way for them to expand their footprint in areas that they have not been able to push public broadband service. If you go around and see Gray rectangle boxes with a curved cover at the bottom, those are the hotspots that are placed around the area that they have made it easier for those who may need to use them, such as their techs or even the utilities for their employees, that is also a part of that VLAN that you are seeing on Comcast's equipment.

That would be because you are leasing a Emta from Comcast and they have a VLAN set aside for those who are customers of Comcast, TWC, Brighthouse, and a couple of others can sign in to that public hotspot and use it. No traffic under that SSID and CableWifi affects your service, since the VLAN is separate from the VLAN that you go through. Also because it is a secured VLAN, your traffic will never cross over to it and the traffic from it will not cross over to yours, nor will it interfere with your wifi or ethernet connection.

So basically if you want to pay Comcast for their equipment every month. You get to allow others to have a connection that they can use if it is close enough.

bro67, Sep 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Xfinity Wifi showing up in my routers available internet connections ? - Similar Threads - Xfinity Wifi showing

2. My internet connection isn’t showing up on my available networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet connection isn’t showing up on my available networks: I cannot reliably connect to any Wifi networks. When I look at the Wifi networks available, none appear. I have gone through numerous attempts to get the networks to show, without success. All other wifi devices can find the network and are working properly...
  3. My internet connection isn’t showing up on my available networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My internet connection isn’t showing up on my available networks: I cannot reliably connect to any Wifi networks. When I look at the Wifi networks available, none appear. I have gone through numerous attempts to get the networks to show, without success. All other wifi devices can find the network and are working properly...
  4. Wifi Connection using Xfinity modem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Connection using Xfinity modem: Having problem connecting or holding wireless connection. Some devices like TV have a wireless connection. Others like windows laptop or kindle can't get a connection. Error message on Kindle is --authentication problem. Problems started when wifi could not connect to android...
  5. Wifi Connection using Xfinity modem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Connection using Xfinity modem: Having problem connecting or holding wireless connection. Some devices like TV have a wireless connection. Others like windows laptop or kindle can't get a connection. Error message on Kindle is --authentication problem. Problems started when wifi could not connect to android...
  6. My Wifi router is no longer showing up on my connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Wifi router is no longer showing up on my connections: My internet was acting weird yesterday, so today i decided to reset the router for 30 seconds. Then my laptop could no longer connect to the internet or show the "wifi" thing in the bottom of the screen, but after some trouble shooting i was able to get that back. Only...
  7. xfinity internet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    xfinity internet: how do I report x finity for charging my card but but providing no interne https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/xfinity-internet/bad9c944-7b15-4b5f-ac56-92f3c71de4d7
  8. My computer will not show up with any routers or WiFi connections...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer will not show up with any routers or WiFi connections...: It does not show up with any WiFi routers and I never have used an Ethernet cable and it is saying that it is not plugged in and i think that’s what’s going on. I don’t have a long enough cable to reach downstairs and I’ve never ever used a Ethernet cable. I’ve ran...
  9. My WiFi Router Connection Does Not Show Up In The List Of WIFI Selections

My WiFi Router Connection Does Not Show Up In The List Of WIFI Selections: I Have A Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14 emmc 32gb UpOn Which Is Running Windows 10 Operating System. I Have Tried All Of The Standard Procedures In An Effort To Try And Solve The Problem With This Systems Failure To List My Wireless Router Along With The Other Wireless...
  10. Can't connect to internet, but router & wifi fine

Can't connect to internet, but router & wifi fine: Have Win 10, and just moved house, last house had virgin media fibre and the internet to main PC would disappear 2-3 times daily, but wifi was ok. Virgin came out and checked the line & router twice, and said the line was perfect at 100 meg, changed the router to be safe and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my show wifi connections list xfinity and my router