Windows 10: XLS Converter

Discus and support XLS Converter in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We have migrated to Office 365. One problem is that the online office will not open .xls files. Many of our vendors still use it. I need a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mooreted, Apr 21, 2016.

1. mooreted Win User

XLS Converter

We have migrated to Office 365. One problem is that the online office will not open .xls files. Many of our vendors still use it. I need a way to convert them to .xlsx so O365 can open them. We don't want to use an online service because we are worried about data mining sensitive information.

I've spent all day searching.

:)

mooreted, Apr 21, 2016
  2. SachinMJ Win User

NOKIA XL---WINDOWS 8.1

How to convert Nokia XL into Windows

SachinMJ, Apr 21, 2016
  3. about upgradation of 3 g microsoft to 4g

How to convert old 640 xl 3g to 4g mobile

sunildarkunde, Apr 21, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

XLS Converter

Hi there

Can't understand why you need a converter --Office 2016 handles previous EXCEL formats perfectly -- I'd imagine OFFICE 365 does the same as it's the same program (subscription vs perpetual licensed version) -- and no prob at all reading EXCEL 2007 / 2010 or even earlier formats.

example here with some complex graphs - created under Office 2007 and read with Office 2016.

XLS Converter [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 23, 2016
  5. z3r010 Win User
    Jimbo, he's talking about the online version which does not support xls.

z3r010, Apr 23, 2016
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    Thanks -- didn't realize that -- seems a big boo boo by Ms as there's still a huge number of businesses still using XLS etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 23, 2016
  7. mooreted Win User
    Yes, it's very strange that the formats that Microsoft created for it's office products can't be opened or converted by it's own products when I can load those same documents into Google Drive, edit them and convert them. It makes no sense.

Anyway; I think we'll just put LibreOffice on the machines that don't have a fat client.

mooreted, Apr 23, 2016
  8. jimbo45 Win User

XLS Converter

Hi there
    Forget Libre Office

WPS office is much more compatible and will handle XLSX
    The only thing the FREE version won't do is handle VB macros (other stuff like graphs and formulae work just fine - usually with no change required from the original EXCEL.

WPS Office 2016 Personal Edition - For Home and Student

(Works on Linux too !!!).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 24, 2016
  9. kongming Win User
    Why you do not copy and paste the file and convert it in another machine.
    Just in save option.

kongming, Apr 24, 2016
  10. mooreted Win User
    Because there are hundreds of people receiving these files several times a day.

mooreted, Apr 24, 2016
  11. mooreted Win User
    That looks interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks.

mooreted, Apr 24, 2016
  12. mooreted Win User
    Most of them are online converters.

mooreted, Apr 24, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

XLS Converter

Didn't know it exists.
    Thanks for the info.

davidhk, Apr 25, 2016
  14. MrWhoopee Win User
    MrWhoopee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

XLS Converter

1. XLS Converter - Similar Threads - XLS Converter

2. When trying to open an excel spreadsheet .xls from a desktop shortcut, my user gets the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to open an excel spreadsheet .xls from a desktop shortcut, my user gets the...: When trying to open an excel spreadsheet .xls from a desktop shortcut, my user gets the following message. "Windows is searching for Annual Meeting Template. To locate the file yourself, click the browse" and when the user searches for the file that way, it does not lead them...
  3. When trying to open an excel spreadsheet .xls from a desktop shortcut, my user gets the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When trying to open an excel spreadsheet .xls from a desktop shortcut, my user gets the...: When trying to open an excel spreadsheet .xls from a desktop shortcut, my user gets the following message. "Windows is searching for Annual Meeting Template. To locate the file yourself, click the browse" and when the user searches for the file that way, it does not lead them...
  4. When trying to open an excel spreadsheet .xls from a desktop shortcut, my user gets the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Indexing does not support XLS and XLSX files on Server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing does not support XLS and XLSX files on Server 2019: I have a Server 2019 setup with about 1 TB in files and indexing is working, but it is missing the .xls and .xlsx file extensions in the indexing options, while it does included .doc and .docx. I have tried to add it manually, but that uses a plain text filter and that does...
  6. Indexing does not support XLS and XLSX files on Server 2019

Indexing does not support XLS and XLSX files on Server 2019: I have a Server 2019 setup with about 1 TB in files and indexing is working, but it is missing the .xls and .xlsx file extensions in the indexing options, while it does included .doc and .docx. I have tried to add it manually, but that uses a plain text filter and that does...
  7. How to Convert CSV to Excel (XLS or XLSX) using Command line in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Convert CSV to Excel (XLS or XLSX) using Command line in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Here is a tutorial to convert CSV to XLS or XLSX using the command-line interface in Windows 10. There are multiple ways to convert a CSV file to Excel formats (XLS, XLSX). You can use Microsoft Excel, a dedicated converter freeware, or an online tool to perform the...
  8. My all file[ pic,video,ppt,word ]are converted into xls

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My all file[ pic,video,ppt,word ]are converted into xls: my pic,video,ppt ,word,rar file are converted to xls and i am unable to open them. [ATTACH] * Moved from Win 7/Files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-all-file-picvideopptword-are-converted-into-xls/f6195786-cf41-4f03-af89-73756d2c7461
  9. Safest Way to Convert Hundreds of *.xls to *.ods

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Safest Way to Convert Hundreds of *.xls to *.ods: Hi... I have successfully used -- and highly recommend -- MultiDoc Converter to convert hundreds of *.doc and *.docx to odt...and now I am searching for a similar product to download so I can convert batches of *.xls and *.xlsx to *.ods. I'd like to be able to do it by...
  10. Can I convert .pdf to .xls for free?

Can I convert .pdf to .xls for free?: I have a .pdf that is basically a table. I would like to put it into Excel. Can I do this for free? I found one set of instructions online that requires you to buy a subscription. There are other instructions, but none of them seem to work.