Windows 10: XMP Safe Mode Question happened once

Discus and support XMP Safe Mode Question happened once in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. My mobo is Asus Z370 Pro Gaming. And rams: Gskill 2x8GB ( XMP 3000mhz ). Cpu 8700K. WWhen i choosed first time in UEFI XMP profile i saved and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xxx123, Jan 16, 2018.

1. xxx123 Win User

XMP Safe Mode Question happened once

Hi. My mobo is Asus Z370 Pro Gaming. And rams: Gskill 2x8GB ( XMP 3000mhz ).
    Cpu 8700K. WWhen i choosed first time in UEFI XMP profile i saved and booted fine to UEFI.
    I turn off pc,turn on again after 2 hours, and then, i met screen:
    THE SYSTEM HAS POSTED IN SAFE MODE.
    This happened just once. Now its booting fine,but i dont know why it booted just once with this message.
    This is screen from internet ( not my pc ) ,but the same msg to show:

XMP Safe Mode Question happened once [​IMG]

I tried to reproduce this warning but i am not able to do that. Reverting to standard and then again to XMP save. Turn off pc by power button. But not warning. Any ideas why it happened just once,and still its something wrong?
    This occured when pc was off some time , 4 hours . And then. I met users using XMP with the same issue , only after pc was off some time like overnight.
    So it not never happen when i turn off pc and immidiately turn on. Only just when pc is off few hours.
    I turn off my pc again for 12 hours,booted in morning, and fine again. But i want to be sure thats all is ok.
    Memtest not showing errors also.
    Really appreciate it for help. This is my new pc.

:)

xxx123, Jan 16, 2018
  2. ShazRaja Win User

Start Menu

I can't exactly go in safe mode because this happens randomly, it can happen several times day or even once a week. I don't know which time to go into safe mode

ShazRaja, Jan 16, 2018
  3. screen on laptop goes black and have to switch off computer and re-start it

hi Sundeep i have tried the link, may i ask a question as all was not clear...do uninstall the display adapter before going into safe mode or once i am in safe mode

Julia Trevor, Jan 16, 2018
  4. XMP Safe Mode Question happened once

Did you see an unexpected reset when you turned on the machine after the 2 hours? Or did it immediately boot to the error message?

It could be a BIOS issue when first applying the XMP - maybe some settings aren't getting applied correctly until the subsequent boot, or maybe there's a bug in the DDR training algorithms when the chips are cold, or maybe it is just a false alarm.

Since you can't reproduce it there's not much anyone can do. I'd post this in the Asus forums and see if others have experienced the same thing. Assuming that Asus monitors the forums, at least that might get some visibility.

If memtest is passing then I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again.

PolarNettles, Jan 17, 2018
  5. xxx123 Win User
    Yes i turned off pc by power button from UEFI just after XMP applied with success. After 2 hours i boot pc and that message appeared.

But like i said...

I tried to reproduce this warning but i am not able to do that. Reverting to standard and then again to XMP save. Turn off pc by power button. But not warning. Any ideas why it happened just once,and still its something wrong?
    This occured when pc was off some time , 4 hours . And then.

2 times, i turn off my pc for 12 hours,booted in morning, and fine again. But i want to be sure thats all is ok.
    Memtest not showing errors also.
    Really appreciate it for help. This is my new pc.

xxx123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

XMP Safe Mode Question happened once

1. XMP Safe Mode Question happened once - Similar Threads - XMP Safe Mode

2. XMP issue?

in Windows 10 Customization
    XMP issue?: My ram speed was 2133MHz and after i enabled XMP my ram speed increased to 2666MHzMy ram is G.SKILL 16gb DDR4 3600MHzso why iam not getting my full ram speed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xmp-issue/ab2eaa62-f4d0-43dd-97e7-0fb94c5a1f0c
  3. XMP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XMP: Hello, since i bought my laptop, it was very slow so i had to work with this for years until i just realized that xmp is not enable which means that for my laptop instead of using 4 gb ive actually been using 2gb of ram.So i went to my BIOS and checked everywhere but i coudnt...
  4. XMP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XMP: Hello, since i bought my laptop, it was very slow so i had to work with this for years until i just realized that xmp is not enable which means that for my laptop instead of using 4 gb ive actually been using 2gb of ram.So i went to my BIOS and checked everywhere but i coudnt...
  5. XMP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Screen turns black once an option is selected in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen turns black once an option is selected in safe mode.: I’m trying to reset windows with an installation disk, but when I tried resetting it in settings, my screen froze at 100%. When I try resetting it in safe mode, the screen turns black, and the monitor tells me there’s no signal. I uninstalled the display drivers & tried a...
  7. Screen turns black once an option is selected in safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen turns black once an option is selected in safe mode.: I’m trying to reset windows with an installation disk, but when I tried resetting it in settings, my screen froze at 100%. When I try resetting it in safe mode, the screen turns black, and the monitor tells me there’s no signal. I uninstalled the display drivers & tried a...
  8. Safe Mode / Not Safe Mode Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Safe Mode / Not Safe Mode Problem: Windows 10 PC on feature pack 1909. Mapped drive S: to a DC/AD/Server 2016 share. Several folders on the share are large. PC1 was working fine till yesterday. Now those large folders on S: can take up to 3 minutes to display contents in Explorer. Other folders on S: display...
  9. Safe mode boot question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe mode boot question: So I went to safe boot my computer to install some new gpu drivers and my pc screen has gone black the last 5 mins and isn’t changing and my pc is still running so I don’t know what to do. Can someone help? submitted by /u/lensiky [link] [comments]...
  10. Boot into safe mode question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot into safe mode question: Hey guys and Gals, I have a weird question for you. I have window 10 pro and tried to boot into safe mode command prompt but it wont accept my password. So I held down shift and restarted and got to command prompt option. System rebooted fine and then it asked me for my...