Windows 10: XP to Windows 10 problems.

Discus and support XP to Windows 10 problems. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; XP to Windows 10. Some time ago I installed Windows 10. It is great. I need to correct some old files which were made using XP. I cannot copy and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pedalpower, Aug 3, 2016.

1. XP to Windows 10 problems.

XP to Windows 10.
    Some time ago I installed Windows 10. It is great. I need to correct some old files which were made using XP. I cannot copy and paste from MS Word to MS Word with Windows 10. Any ideas please.

:)

pedalpower, Aug 3, 2016

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Computer shows blue screen and tells me that atikmdag.sys failed.

Windows 10 stops my computer and then gives me a blue screen. tells me that my atikmdag.sys failed. Have tried MS help but still have this problem. Any suggestion besides throwing away this computer?

Brenda( ) Windows 10 problems, Aug 3, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

XP to Windows 10 problems.

When you installed Windows 10, was it on exactly the same hardware you're using now? If so you can reinstall 10 using the same key.

Why not use a usb stick for the file transfer?

swarfega, Aug 3, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Wordpad is available on both systems - can you copy the files using Wordpad.

Again as @swarfega says dump the files to USB stick and copy to new W10 system.

Another simple solution if your old machine doesn't have convenient USB ports use Outlook Express on the XP system to email the files to yourself and then receive with your email on the W10 system. That method often works when Networking gets hosed up or direct file transfer not available.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

XP to Windows 10 problems.

1. XP to Windows 10 problems. - Similar Threads - problems

2. The problem with logging into the OS when using #$@

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The problem with logging into the OS when using #$@: Hi! I recently ran into a problem when setting a password with #@$ characters and trying to login after logout. The password was set correctly, but it returned an error when trying to log in to the user. Passwords that cause problems: 49efvH$TGB$#R3535u46jhI changed the...
  3. The problem with logging into the OS when using #$@

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The problem with logging into the OS when using #$@: Hi! I recently ran into a problem when setting a password with #@$ characters and trying to login after logout. The password was set correctly, but it returned an error when trying to log in to the user. Passwords that cause problems: 49efvH$TGB$#R3535u46jhI changed the...
  4. Problem with downgrading to Windows 10 from 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with downgrading to Windows 10 from 11: I have a dell vostro 7500. I upgraded to windows 11 yesterday. And i didnt like the way windows 11 runs on my laptop, so i wanted to downgrade. Iam within the 10 day period to downgrade, buy everytime i try to do so, instead of downgrading, it boots me into troubleshoot menu....
  5. Problem with downgrading to Windows 10 from 11

Problem with downgrading to Windows 10 from 11: I have a dell vostro 7500. I upgraded to windows 11 yesterday. And i didnt like the way windows 11 runs on my laptop, so i wanted to downgrade. Iam within the 10 day period to downgrade, buy everytime i try to do so, instead of downgrading, it boots me into troubleshoot menu....
  6. Extended and mirror display problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extended and mirror display problem: While the cursor works but clicking on anything doesn't work on extended display and if set on mirror display the colour calibration resets on the main monitor im using asus vivobook with xp pen display tablet...
  7. Extended and mirror display problem

Extended and mirror display problem: While the cursor works but clicking on anything doesn't work on extended display and if set on mirror display the colour calibration resets on the main monitor im using asus vivobook with xp pen display tablet...
  8. Multiple BSOD Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD Problems: Hi,I'm currently facing multiple BSODs from my computer. It got worst when I unplug the charger and work with just battery. Currently, these are the errors I noted down:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAIRQL_DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALCRITICAL_PROCESS_DIEDATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLYThe...
  9. Multiple BSOD Problems

Multiple BSOD Problems: Hi,I'm currently facing multiple BSODs from my computer. It got worst when I unplug the charger and work with just battery. Currently, these are the errors I noted down:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAIRQL_DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALCRITICAL_PROCESS_DIEDATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLYThe...
  10. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems: Mail reconfigure outlook and received mail and not showing old mail how to resolve problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mail-reconfigure-in-outlook-and-not-showing/b511a897-cb8f-456a-a096-110279ee22a8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. correct drivers to play jacqui lawson balloon game