Windows 10: XPS L401x SD CARD READER PROBLEM SOLVED

Discus and support XPS L401x SD CARD READER PROBLEM SOLVED in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI Guy , I had problem with the SD card reader after I upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10 . After checking my other laptop pc's, I figured out that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dinadc, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Dinadc Win User

XPS L401x SD CARD READER PROBLEM SOLVED

HI Guy , I had problem with the SD card reader after I upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10 . After checking my other laptop pc's, I figured out that only this model (XPS L401x) is effected . So I had to do some digging and mining and research, I figured this menthod.

1. download the right drivers from this link : Intel SD Host Controller Drivers Download for Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP .

2. Follow "To install the drivers:" in this link : Solved: Yoga Tab 2 1051-F microSD Card not reading after u... - Page 2 - Lenovo Community

After doing this , I opened my Device Manager and right clicked the intel SD Host Controler, under SD Host adapter and run Update Driver Software . There however will be warning sign hanging there , but what can you do Microsoft employees are only drawing paychecks but tired doing the same thing again again and gave us the ---- of Windows 10.Lets Live with it. My SD Card reader runs like 1/4th of a second (FAST). Cool Right ? Do it ! and save your Chicken from burning.

:)

Dinadc, Jul 13, 2016

2. SD card reader problem after updating to Windows 10

I have the same problem, the SD card reader on my Dell XPS 420 was working perfectly up to the latest update on Windows 10.

PC no longer sees the SD card reader.

I now have no way to upload my photos from my SD card.

Fix needed urgently, alternatively I will have to go back to Windows 7

stuart.beresford, Jul 13, 2016
  3. rakmik Win User
    Scan SD Card & fix errors?

SOLVE :: CONNECT SD CARD WITH CARD READER TO PC , DEFRAGMENT THE DRIVE ,

rakmik, Jul 13, 2016
Thema:

XPS L401x SD CARD READER PROBLEM SOLVED

1. XPS L401x SD CARD READER PROBLEM SOLVED - Similar Threads - XPS L401x CARD

2. SD Card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card reader: I have an external sd card reader and it wont work on my pc. It works on my laptop and other stuff but it only doesnt work on this pc. It only recognizes the sd card reader as USB3.0 Card Reader but it wont read the sd card at all. I even tried buying and using another sd...
  3. SD Card Reader Problem

SD Card Reader Problem: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 and the SD Card reader has changed. Before when I entered the SD card into the slot it would appear (like the first image) on the Device and Drivers. But now it only appears like (the second image) all the time and won't open. Anyway time I try to...
  4. SD Card Reader Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    SD Card Reader Problem: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 and the SD Card reader has changed. Before when I entered the SD card into the slot it would appear (like the first image) on the Device and Drivers. But now it only appears like (the second image) all the time and won't open. Anyway time I try to...
  5. sd card reader

sd card reader: Hi, I have been running a lenovo Z70-80 with a partitioned hard drive with a windows 7 \ linux dual boot setup. It all worked fine until I upgraded to windows 10. After I updated all the drivers everything worked well except the sd card reader. This will keep disconnecting or...
  6. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: Hi Every SD card I plug in to my PC says it is Write Protected. I have tried everything I can find on internet to fix this but to no avail. Can anyone help please? 146468
  7. Sd Card reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sd Card reader: Can Someone help Me. Ive Tried Everything But My Sd card reader wont work. How do i get my laptop to recognize that there is even a Sd card in it . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/bc9ec34c-018b-485b-abbb-c6f2ec864929"
  8. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: I have Windows 10 and my SD card reader is not recognized. I have tried everything on the earlier post and none have worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/d927df68-eac3-4356-8c18-4cd339419e75
  9. sd card reader

sd card reader: My sd card reader isn't working .How can I get it back on ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/a9ecbe8c-3206-454a-960a-8b6f6ce13e12
  10. SD card reader problem

SD card reader problem: Hi, so my father was using a Windows 7 machine, and with this PC he would use a verbatim 15in1 reader. When he would insert his card, Windows would allow him to automatically move any picture and video files to a specific sub folder on his hard drive and also label each file...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sd card xpsl401x