Windows 10: $xxx Folders in Root of C:

Discus and support $xxx Folders in Root of C: in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was under the impression that these folders would go away or can be deleted, BUT !! Has been some time from 1511 build was installed. C:\ $Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ken1943, Dec 30, 2015.

1. ken1943 Win User

$xxx Folders in Root of C:

I was under the impression that these folders would go away or can be deleted, BUT !!
    Has been some time from 1511 build was installed.
    C:\ $Windows -W
    " - BT
    C:\ $sysreset

Still have .log and .xml from 12/26/2015 in them ( not the date of the last Windows Update)

I think it is MS saving upgrade information

Can anyone shed some light on this

Thanks

:)

ken1943, Dec 30, 2015

2. Lot of MSI###.tmp folders created in c drive root folder

This solution is the only one that I found to be reliable and working - and I have searched hi and lo.

Great job, JayaramTP!

#Sprachinseln, Dec 30, 2015
  3. Lot of MSI###.tmp folders created in c drive root folder

same on me, the folder was created on restricted permission so I allow all access then delete it 1 by 1 $xxx Folders in Root of C: :(

happy if someone can show us a more easiest way.

Mark Bumagat, Dec 30, 2015
  4. sml156 Win User

You could try this Tutorial on TenForums by Brink Windows.old Folder - Delete in Windows 10
    Can you post if it worked for you, I don't usually get those folders because I always do a clean install after updating either Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10

sml156, Dec 30, 2015
  5. ken1943 Win User
    Windows.old went away after 30 days. My question had nothing to do with Windows.old

ken1943, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. $xxx Folders in Root of C: - Similar Threads - $xxx Folders Root

2. Is it really safe to create a folder on the root of my C: drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it really safe to create a folder on the root of my C: drive?: I would like to create some folders right on the C: drive system disk. But is it safe to do anyway? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-really-safe-to-create-a-folder-on-the-root/702fef91-ed3c-4eeb-8c1e-2bc4eaa259cc
  3. Symbolic Link on C:\Users\xxx

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Symbolic Link on C:\Users\xxx: Hello, Why is it forbidden to use a symbolic link on the" C:\users\me" folder to move all the files of the "me" user to another disk? I've done this before on Windows 10 with no troubles, but maybe I got lucky!...
  4. Symbolic Link on C:\Users\xxx

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Symbolic Link on C:\Users\xxx: Hello, Why is it forbidden to use a symbolic link on the" C:\users\me" folder to move all the files of the "me" user to another disk? I've done this before on Windows 10 with no troubles, but maybe I got lucky!...
  5. Symbolic Link on C:\Users\xxx

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. User folder in the C: root directory

User folder in the C: root directory: I have 8 folders in my User folder. Each folder contains from two to 29 items. Can I copy each of the seven smaller folders into the largest folder and then delete the seven smaller folders?...
  7. Folders with long alphanumeric names in C drive root level.

Folders with long alphanumeric names in C drive root level.: Found many folders in C drive root level. My la[top running Windows 10. What are these folders with files for and can I safely delete them? 3c4477fcb5c61b1e24968f174d 5c1de1ebe33df0f820d137171e Any one can help answer and advice. Thank you....
  8. User folders in root C: drive

User folders in root C: drive: In my new Windows 10, these folders were generated: Intel PerfLogs Program Files Program Files x86 Users Windows Is there a policy of users generating new folders in this root C: drive? On my old W7 PC I had several folders in C:, providing a shorter path for...
  9. Writing to the root ... C:\

Writing to the root ... C:\: Every time I turn around, I'm not able to save files to the root of C drive. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem once and for all time? I don't care that some people feel as though I shouldn't be writing there. I have times when I need to edit files there or I just...
  10. C:\Users\xxx\Documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    C:\Users\xxx\Documents: There's one question I always wonder. We all know drive C is for system and software program files Why does Windows set default "Documents" folder (Pictures, Music, Download...) path in drive C? And users have to move them to other drive after installing new windows or never...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xxxfolders

2. xxxfolde

3. filders xxx.com