Windows 10: Yahoo account won't receive mail

Discus and support Yahoo account won't receive mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've started using Mail app in Wndows 10 on a trial basis, on my desktop PC. I've added my Yahoo mail account and can send emails but cannot receive... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mustang, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Mustang Win User

Yahoo account won't receive mail

I've started using Mail app in Wndows 10 on a trial basis, on my desktop PC.

I've added my Yahoo mail account and can send emails but cannot receive them.

I tried using a solution offered in a post on another thread, by logging into my Yahoo account, and going to security to add a specific password for my account for apps, but cannot find any option to do this.

The only option it offers is to use/disable less secure options.

Any help would be appreciated.

Update: Mail started being received 30 minutes after I had sent it from another email client.

Gripes about Mail app:

• Emails can't be saved to desktop
    • Font defaults can't be set size and text chosen, eg Arial

:)

Mustang, Jun 30, 2016

2. Yahoo email not syncing with Nokia messaging - Previously worked

I believe that was an issue for sending emails, not receiving/syncing them. This seems like a bigger issue, but I could be wrong. Given that the Nokia Messaging website will no longer accept my Yahoo account password, this seems to be a more complete failure.
    ;-)

And just to be specific:

1. Messaging website won't accept my Yahoo account password.

2. I am not receiving Yahoo emails to my E71.

3. Attempts to send an email from my Yahoo account give me the 500 error.

Perhaps Yahoo has blocked access for non-Mail Plus users? I'm just a "normal" Yahoo user, not a paying Mail Plus user, so I was always kind of surprised that it worked to begin with. Yahoo account won't receive mail :)

trickykid---01, Jun 30, 2016
  3. dietvolp Win User
    N9 Yahoo mail can't send mail

Hello,

is anybody experience problems sending mails form his yahoo mail account.

If I try to send mail it say error occurred and the mail stays in Outbox.

Receiving mail works fine on the yahoo mail account

Thanks,

dietvolp, Jun 30, 2016
Thema:

Yahoo account won't receive mail

1. Yahoo account won't receive mail - Similar Threads - Yahoo account won't

2. Problems downloading emails received in Yahoo into Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems downloading emails received in Yahoo into Windows Mail: I have a Windows 11 laptop and use the Windows Mail app. Within Mail I have linked several email accounts, one of which is my Yahoo account. All my email accounts work fine within Mail, except for my Yahoo account. Approx. 50% of the time, the message is not downloaded from...
  3. Problems downloading emails received in Yahoo into Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems downloading emails received in Yahoo into Windows Mail: I have a Windows 11 laptop and use the Windows Mail app. Within Mail I have linked several email accounts, one of which is my Yahoo account. All my email accounts work fine within Mail, except for my Yahoo account. Approx. 50% of the time, the message is not downloaded from...
  4. Yahoo mail won't load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo mail won't load: Problem arose approx 2 mths ago. I use MS Mail on Win10 laptop. I have several email accts in MS Mail. 2 Outlook mail accounts and 2 hotmail accounts. Those work fine. receive/send emails fine. Appox 2 mths ago, my yahoo account started to Not receive new emails. Spoke to MS...
  5. Yahoo mail won't load

Yahoo mail won't load: Problem arose approx 2 mths ago. I use MS Mail on Win10 laptop. I have several email accts in MS Mail. 2 Outlook mail accounts and 2 hotmail accounts. Those work fine. receive/send emails fine. Appox 2 mths ago, my yahoo account started to Not receive new emails. Spoke to MS...
  6. Issues with receiving emails in code for Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with receiving emails in code for Yahoo Mail: Hello,My wife and I recently started seeing some emails in code. We both use Yahoo Mail. She has Window 10 and I have 11. Does anyone have a possible solution to fix this? These emails are from trusted sources and sometimes they are not in code. Any help appreciated!Thank...
  7. Issues with receiving emails in code for Yahoo Mail

Issues with receiving emails in code for Yahoo Mail: Hello,My wife and I recently started seeing some emails in code. We both use Yahoo Mail. She has Window 10 and I have 11. Does anyone have a possible solution to fix this? These emails are from trusted sources and sometimes they are not in code. Any help appreciated!Thank...
  8. Added Yahoo to Gmail account. New received Yahoo emails not received

in Browsers and Email
    Added Yahoo to Gmail account. New received Yahoo emails not received: Added Yahoo to Gmail account. New received Yahoo emails not received in Gmail It did bring in all of the emails in my folders from Yahoo perfectly and put them under a new heading in Gmail as [email protected] However I was hoping it would also read the emails that show...
  9. Linking Yahoo Account to Mail

Linking Yahoo Account to Mail: Hello, I just bought a new Dell computer after having an Macbook and I am attempting to link my yahoo account onto the microsoft mail app. My gmail linked perfectly but every time I attempt to add yahoo, I get an error code 0x8019019a and a message that says "Something...
  10. can't logon to yahoo mail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't logon to yahoo mail account: keep getting an error message that something went wrong, trying to login to my yahoo account on my desktop computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-logon-to-yahoo-mail-account/65227423-b4a6-4f52-9de0-7d5a4fc5c1b1