Windows 10: Yahoo turns off NEW mail forwards

Discus and support Yahoo turns off NEW mail forwards in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; This story showed up on ZDnet this morning, explaining Yahoo's recent move to block email auto-forwarding: Yahoo has disabled automatic email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by EdTittel, Oct 10, 2016.

1. EdTittel Win User

Yahoo turns off NEW mail forwards

This story showed up on ZDnet this morning, explaining Yahoo's recent move to block email auto-forwarding:

Source: Yahoo Mail doesn't want you to leave, disables auto-email forwarding

:)

EdTittel, Oct 10, 2016
  2. ocifant Win User

Setting up email on N95

As I've said previously, the cycle of 'enter userid/password' for Yahoo occurs because POP3 access required MailPlus, which is a paid for service.

Going into Mail Options on my account, and selecting POP and Mail Forwarding brings us a screen message:

POP & Forwarding

Upgrade to Mail Plus so you can:

* download your Yahoo! Mail in an email client, such as Outlook

* forward your Yahoo! Mail to a different address

Those of us on free Yahoo accounts are stuffed on this one, unless we want to stump up yet more cash...

ocifant, Oct 10, 2016
  3. Best Email for use with Edge

You can forward your emails from the Yahoo account to new account.

Mouse over the Settings menu icon | select Settings. Click Accounts in the left pane. Click on the
    Yahoo email account. Select Forward. Enter and verify the address you want to
    forward your email to and select: Store and
    forward
    -Email is saved to your account and sent to the forwarding address.

Automatic email forwarding in Yahoo Mail | Yahoo Help ...

help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN22028.html

This will give you time to notify your contacts of your new address.

Smittychat., Oct 10, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

I about had a cow when I first heard the news, because I've had a (paid) Yahoo email account since the 1990s. I only left my first email account at Zilker.net because the site's founders Smoot Carl-Mitchell (a former prof of mine from UT Austin, Computer Science) and John Quarterman (an old, old Internet hand of some renown) shut it down and deactivated the domain name. Looks like I'm going to have to uproot myself and tell my friends, colleagues and customers to stop using the Yahoo email address now, too. Sigh.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 10, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    I don't even visit Yahoo, never mind using any of it's services, as it has been a security catastrophe since it's inception.

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Yahoo turns off NEW mail forwards - Similar Threads - Yahoo turns off

2. Yahoo mail new mail notification sound

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yahoo mail new mail notification sound: I am using Yahoo mail on my desktop PC Windows 10. I have a back up email with Mozilla Thunderbird. On Thunderbird, when I receive a new message, it plays You've got some mail, singing.I have tried to put this on Yahoo, without success. I have opened Settings > More Settings...
  3. is there a free alternative to the forwarding yahoo mail problem?

in Browsers and Email
    is there a free alternative to the forwarding yahoo mail problem?: because I haven't been able to find one yet, I mean I just set up the g-mail import account thing, but that apparently only does it for 30 days, so if it works id have to re-do it ever 30 days, and apparently it only forwards/imports it at the end of the day, and id really...
  4. Automatic forwarding in free Yahoo Mail to be discontinued

in Windows 10 News
    Automatic forwarding in free Yahoo Mail to be discontinued: Beginning January 1, 2021, automatic forwarding of emails from your Yahoo inbox to a third party email account will no longer be a feature of free Yahoo Mail accounts. Upgrade to Yahoo Mail Pro or subscribe to Access + Forwarding to use the auto forwarding feature at this...
  5. yahoo mail notification in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    yahoo mail notification in new edge: i am getting this annoying yahoo mail notification whenever i open yahoo mail in new edge is there any way to remove this [img] 156190
  6. yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yahoo mail: Just got a notice to update my yahoo email account. Why is my yahoo mail requiring access to my contacts, email sent and email received? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/8019ffb2-d4ac-4700-bd9d-06bd5cad0c21
  7. Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yahoo Mail: I use Yahoo Mail and I really like it. I had some issues, and re-installed Windows 10. During the start up . . . It asks you what browser, you want to run it with. All the browser were listed, along with basic mail. So, I thought, what the heck, so I picked basic mail....
  8. Yahoo mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yahoo mail: Yahoo says it doesn't recognize my email address. I have used same address for years and it was saved. I could get into my mail yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/9684fc29-0371-4d62-bd93-ae9f896f7bfe"
  9. Windows error message when forwarding emails via Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows error message when forwarding emails via Yahoo Mail: Recently been receiving following error message from Windows when forwarding emails via Yahoo Mail. Forwarded addresses all active and where attachments included, not large....How to Correct? We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder....
  10. Yahoo mail

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo mail: I can't delete old email. Can't check the box to delete it just opens it. How do I get this back to working rite. Thanks Ben 100832