Windows 10: Yeah OOPS I think I broke something.

Discus and support Yeah OOPS I think I broke something. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had an accident. Finally think I had fixed my issue with the people app on one of my devices and now I think I broke it. Specifically on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Johninadelaide6, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Yeah OOPS I think I broke something.

I have had an accident. Finally think I had fixed my issue with the people app on one of my devices and now I think I broke it.

Specifically on my desktop machine I can open the app but it doesn't get past the opening screen and then crashes.

:)

Johninadelaide6, Apr 30, 2017

2. I think I broke it

Hi Acid,

Without knowing what phone you have its difficult to help specifically.

But most newer handsets can work without a sim card in, in what is called "off line mode". Which basically lets you use the phones features but not connect to the network.

If your sim card isnt being read then your phone might be in this mode giving the appearance that you have no reception.

Alternatively maybe the phone is reading the card but you have a seperate issue and the phone isnt picking up any signal which could be an antenna fault.

As mentioned you should go to an NCP, you can find the nearest NCP to you at the
    Store Locator

adamf---01, Apr 30, 2017
  3. I think I broke it

Hi acidshot

You don't say which phone model this is, but SIM card needs six point contact and as metal used is so thin you may have difficulty restoring the contours of clip adequately for this to work. Unfortunately a visit to a Nokia Care Point may be indicated.

scoobyman---01, Apr 30, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Yeah OOPS I think I broke something.

5. OK just tried that and it didn't help any. I don't know what has actually broken but the app still opens only to the opening tile screen then promptly closes still.

Johninadelaide6, Apr 30, 2017
  6. Mystere Win User
    It might help to mention what you did to fix/break it.

Mystere, Apr 30, 2017
  7. I was using one of the powershell links mentioned here to reset the app and after that it stopped working.

Johninadelaide6, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Yeah OOPS I think I broke something.

1. Yeah OOPS I think I broke something. - Similar Threads - Yeah OOPS broke

2. Windows10 Sound, i think I broke W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows10 Sound, i think I broke W10: Situation, I use to connect my logitech 5.1 surround speakers via the 3 stereo ports on the back of my PC Green FL & FR - Orange Center & Woofer - Black Rear Surround SL & SR. W10 recognised these correctly and they worked fine.But then I got a Smart TV as a monitor with it's...
  3. I think I broke my PC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I broke my PC...: I was looking for a way to change my User filename and followed the steps in this article to do so: https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-11-change-user-profile-folder-name/I'm now in a situation where I can't sign in with my MS account the one my PC defaults to is a local...
  4. I think I broke my PC...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think I broke my PC...: I was looking for a way to change my User filename and followed the steps in this article to do so: https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-11-change-user-profile-folder-name/I'm now in a situation where I can't sign in with my MS account the one my PC defaults to is a local...
  5. I think I broke windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I think I broke windows: Ok, so, I downloaded a theme for windows 10. It was in .theme format My screen went black. I hard-restarted held off button on my laptop and turned back on and it was still black all I could do was login rn I am on my linux dual boot and IDK what to do I tried deleting...
  6. I think I broke the window(s)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think I broke the window(s): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/goodbyereallife [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j2j172/i_think_i_broke_the_windows/
  7. I think something is corrupted

I think something is corrupted: I turned on my computer this morning and everything was laggy, so I restarted it a couple times and it eventually just killed itself. I've been stuck in the options menu all day now, no command will work (even the scannow one to fix corrupted files), restarting the computer...
  8. i think something wrong

i think something wrong: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/-JustAName- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hdrp51/i_think_something_wrong/
  9. i think i broke windows

i think i broke windows: So i found out i needed to delete unused files to make my pc run faster. I think the ones i deleted were in the C: Local Disk thing and it was the windows folder. and some other folders i dont remember. I already tried to recover some files in the recycling Bin but they...
  10. uhhhhh... i think i broke it...

uhhhhh... i think i broke it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cr6sxwastaken [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enyx59/uhhhhh_i_think_i_broke_it/